Community > Posts By > 1polarbear1

1polarbear1's photo
Thu 11/15/07 11:33 AM
Edited by 1polarbear1 on Thu 11/15/07 11:38 AM
Hi everyone was reading up on this thread of many thoughts on weight loss. I was told that I would not be able to lose weight because of my age bracket. That was all the incentive I needed. I like proving people wrong when the stereotype people into a category. On July 24th of this year I weighed in at 240lbs. I started to make changes in my life, like walking again and then progressed to 2 1/2 lb ankle weights to even add more to the walking workout. I cut out for the most part all junk food. Cut out the pop and chips and bars. Hardly touch process meats anymore. Watch the trans fat content of all food I may eat. Still go to MickyDee’s for a burger every now and then but throw away the buns,lol Cut down my portions of food servings to 1/4. I caught on to the homemade smoothie fruit drinks. Cut out sugar all together from my diet. Also I cut out potatoes and bread. If I eat a slice of bread it is whole wheat or muti-grain and just one slice instead of 2. Now after 5 months of this routine I am now 190lbs and feel fit and young again with lots of energy. I plan to get down to 175 or 180 and hold that weight hopefully. I walk 10k now and no matter if it is -40 out or not I still walk to a fitter healthier life style. Hope this helps some out their as weight loss is not easy to do. :)

Cheers and good luck to everyone :)

1polarbear1

1polarbear1's photo
Thu 11/08/07 08:59 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to the site and just wanted to say hello. The site looks great, well done to the admins here. I am looking to make new friends and who nos from their. I work in isolation in the arctic for the winter months. It is -37 here today and a blizzard,brrrrrrrrr Maybe I could find a nice lady here to keep me warm through the cold chill nights,lol Have fun all and enjoy the site.

1polarbear1