Community > Posts By > purplengold

no photo
Mon 05/30/11 12:12 PM
Thank you for posting! Finally, there's someone out there that I can relate with. I certainly feel old for this myself. Part of me is like 'what the heck am I doing here?' but how else can I meet someone in the little time I have between work, fathering kids, cooking, cleaning, mowing, coaching, educating, etc. The thing that gets me through the day IS my children, but I certainly would like to SHARE some moments with someone special as well. Sorry if I sound like a sap for that.

Sorry I can't provide the answers, but I'm absolutely looking forward to this topic. On the other hand, being the guy here makes me feel somewhat at a disadvantage in the first place, along with the other disadvantages, i.e. being separated, older and having kids.

no photo
Sun 05/29/11 10:08 PM
Pessimism removed. Negative annotations removed. Added some quick pics and updated my profile message a bit to be a little proactive... Thanks again.

no photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:45 PM
Thanks, I will do that and try to post some better picks of myself. I look pretty darn drab and unenthusiastic on the spare-of-the moment main pic...

no photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:19 PM
Edited by purplengold on Sun 05/29/11 02:31 PM
Thanks for the replies. Just wanted to be sure I didn't need to tidy up my profile a bit since I'm new here. I guess I'll have to do more 'work' socializing and what not. Still not sure that I'm cut out for this type of social/dating site.

no photo
Sun 05/29/11 01:41 PM
Just wanted to ask anyone's honest opinion on whether I'm too old for type of dating site? Just don't want to waste too much effort here, if the site is more geared for those younger than say 35?