Community > Posts By > Muldune

Muldune's photo
Sun 12/23/07 09:54 AM
Well, then I would love for you to point out the section where I said my opinion was more credible than anyone else's, as you've claimed I have said here, several times.

We both know you can't.

Muldune's photo
Sun 12/23/07 08:52 AM
Edited by Muldune on Sun 12/23/07 08:55 AM
No, I didn't say anything about wanting you to believe me. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if you even read what I'm posting. I specifically said YOU DO NOT GIVE SOMEONE'S OPINION MORE WEIGHT JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A CERTAIN CAREER.

Read my very first post.

You're 50 years old, you should know better than to debate like a 12 year old.

You can try to twist my words all you like, but please do yourself a favor and read my first post again.

I've taken the liberty of doing it for you, since apparently you have difficulty reading and would rather just shove words into someone's mouth.

This is ridiculous. While I'm not going to get into politics, this notion of "if you're not x, then y" is nonsense. My experience was the exact opposite of what you describe.

So who's viewpoint is more valuable?

Neither. They're both equally valid perspectives.

Therefore, your multiple comments about me trying to get you to believe me ARE FALSE.

Muldune's photo
Sat 12/22/07 04:59 PM
Because what someone did overseas doesn't change COMMON SENSE.

COMMON SENSE.

COMMON SENSE.

I said Support troops don't speak to people in the field. I'm sorry that you are completely ignorant of every historical activity since the dawn of humanity.

Please find me one example of a country supporting an occupying force. Not even France wanted the US to stick around after WW2. People like you always make me chuckle.

"This is the way it is because this guy told me it was!"

One day you'll figure it out when the US ultimately pulls out of Iraq and the American flag starts being burned in the street in Basra. Oh wait, it already is.

yes i think i will have to agree with you eind

after all how can what

one person did overseas be irrelevant

when at the same time they say

support troops would not have a clue

i would have to think that a body guard

for some one that could afford one

would have less of a clue

Muldune's photo
Fri 12/21/07 10:41 AM
What I did overseas is irrelevant. I'm well aware of the dubious reputation my career field obtained, and rightfully so.

Muldune's photo
Fri 12/21/07 09:45 AM
Edited by Muldune on Fri 12/21/07 09:52 AM
That answers my question. Those who fight day in and day out, talk to Iraqis in the FIELD (not in the green zone, where everything is kept clean and tidy), and have to clean up the bodies along side security forces when things get screwed up, know we're not wanted here. Support troops have no way of really knowing what's going on.

edit: As far as your other comment, this isn't about politics. I don't care if we leave or stay. It's very low on my political priority list, when so many freedoms are being taken away here at home.

Muldune's photo
Fri 12/21/07 09:12 AM

unless you go there

and do the interviews yourself

you have no credibility to say what they want

you can go anywhere and interview any number of people

then only air or report on the ones that

give the answers you want

every service person i have discussed this with says

that the people of iraq are greatful we are there

and i will take their report over any reporter

any day of the week

why would they lie about it

sorry but i have been around long enough to know

not to believe it just because someone says it

So which is it? You believe what people say, or you don't believe what people say? I could post a hundred soldier accounts of claiming we're not welcome there. Also, I'd LOVE to hear how many soldiers you speak with, and what they do over there. The only ones who think like that are the ones who don't really speak to Iraqis.

Muldune's photo
Fri 12/21/07 09:09 AM
We're not occupying Germany and Turkey, now you're grasping at straws.

We also pay heavily for those stations. It's the difference between having a roommate who lives in the garage and you never see, and having someone from down the street kick in your door and kick you in the balls every day.

Your analogy is incredibly flawed.

Muldune's photo
Fri 12/21/07 01:10 AM
Edited by Muldune on Fri 12/21/07 01:15 AM
The vast majority of people I speak with, including Iraqis, do not want us there. That includes soldiers, contractors, plumbers, they don't care. They don't want us there anymore than you'd want a Chinese soldier marching through Columbus. No matter what internal issues you're having, no one wants a foreign power walking through their capitol.

edit: I shouldn't have to qualify my posts with anything. My experience is irrelevant in an issue such as this. It's common sense. Even the Kurds, the most discriminated group in the country want us gone at this point. I should also say I don't give a **** if we're in Iraq or not. I'm merely informing you of the fact that it's human nature to not want someone else meddling in your affairs.

Muldune's photo
Thu 12/20/07 07:10 PM
Because a doctor has been to college, not because he's in the operating room. A janitor goes into the operating room as well.

And if that's true, I was over there.

And they don't want us here.

Guess I must be right then, but that logic.

Muldune's photo
Thu 12/20/07 05:52 PM
Edited by Muldune on Thu 12/20/07 05:53 PM

unless you go there

and do the interviews yourself

you have no credibility to say what they want

you can go anywhere and interview any number of people

then only air or report on the ones that

give the answers you want

every service person i have discussed this with says

that the people of iraq are greatful we are there

and i will take their report over any reporter

any day of the week

why would they lie about it

This is ridiculous. While I'm not going to get into politics, this notion of "if you're not x, then y" is nonsense. My experience was the exact opposite of what you describe.

So who's viewpoint is more valuable?

Neither. They're both equally valid perspectives.

Muldune's photo
Thu 12/20/07 08:17 AM
I wish we'd take their oil fields and use them for ourselves.

I'm selfish like that.

Muldune's photo
Tue 12/04/07 06:40 PM
It's a great movie. I'll post my base review.

I'm thrilled to say I had a great theatre experience. Best in a long time. I went into this movie not sure what to expect, I left with a with a hankering to buy another ticket and watch it again.

King's new big screen adaption was coupled with less than impressive previews, a lack luster budget, and a relatively low-ball cast. I thought for sure it would suck. Fortunately I was wrong. There were flaws, but overall, I received an excellent experience. The Mist follows a man in a struggle to protect his son, and a few others from an odd mist hat rolls in from the mountains.

We start off with our main character, an artist, taking shelter with his young son and wife. A storm has over taken their house on the lake and Mr. Drayton realizes it's a bad one. Unlike my other reviews, I intend to reveal nothing at all, and will only comment on technicals. You'll thank me later.

First off, the bad. The CGI isn't great. I would have preferred a puppet approach, but with the budget and scale I can understand why they went the way they did. Some of the characters were a bit over the top as well. But you know what? Other than being a tiny bit slow feeling at times, there's nothing else bad for me to say. And I'm an extremely negative person, so that's surprising. Onto the good.

The acting is above average. The script and the actors naturally meld into each other. The situations are realistic, and as a result, people's reactions to said situations are also on par with the real world. The people are reacting to a shocking and nightmarish event, and they really pull it off. The sound and soundtrack are very well done. I actually felt sorry when I should feel sorry, felt tension when I should be scared, and more importantly I felt desperate when the characters were realizing just how bad things were.

But the real ticket to this movie, is the ending. It is indeed a brave, brave director to end a movie like this. Two girls were crying in the theatre, gasping could be heard over the sound of the movie. You may not like this ending, but you can't deny its powerful nature.

Overall, if you a fan of horror/sci-fi, or you just plain are tired of the standard movie formula (good guys do good things, bad guys get in trouble, stuff works out, blah blah) I highly recommend it. Easily one of the best King adaptions I've ever seen. The audience really got into the movie, as well, which made it a fantastic thrill ride.

Muldune's photo
Tue 12/04/07 05:16 AM
drinker

Muldune's photo
Sat 12/01/07 07:10 PM
It's vampir.

I'm from the region ;)

Muldune's photo
Tue 11/06/07 11:07 PM
They couldn't get me in a hotel in Middletown, ended up off of 75 in Springboro. It's awesome.

Muldune's photo
Tue 11/06/07 11:01 PM
An exterminator ruined my house so I'm in an awesome suite in the Springboro\Middletown area. Jacuzzi and all.

Muldune's photo
Sun 11/04/07 08:34 AM
Mornin'

Muldune's photo
Sun 11/04/07 08:26 AM
Yea I'm from Kettering actually.

Muldune's photo
Sat 11/03/07 03:38 AM
6;40 here.

Muldune's photo
Sat 11/03/07 03:30 AM
I loved Planet Terror, mainly because afterwards I sat through the most boring movie I've ever seen; Death Proof.

I also love zombie movies, regardless of quality.