Community > Posts By > NellySue

NellySue's photo
Sun 04/17/11 09:41 PM

I've been through this a few times... I've found that surrounding yourself with your true friends helps, though it sucks if those people are mutual with you and your ex. Exercise is a cure-all. You not only get to put out all that energy and focuse on something other than the break-up, but you also do something to better yourself.

Time, it's the only real cure, especially after long relationships. Hope it goes well for you... flowerforyou

Yes. I've actually started exercising recently as well. It gets out all of that negative energy! Also, isn't there some sick side of us that thinks, "I hope he/she sees a picture of me a month from now and regrets letting me go!!!" :o)

Time... time ... time... but I want to be better now! :)

2 months have passed and I'm feeling quite a bit better, honestly. There are still moments, but they'll pass :) They're becoming fewer and farther between.

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

NellySue's photo
Sun 04/17/11 09:38 PM

YES! You go girl! Don't you LOVE pick me up songs!?!?

NellySue's photo
Sun 04/17/11 09:37 PM
Lex- Deep thoughts! You make a fabulous point about not defining yourself in terms of others. I agree. Also, relationships require a healthy a sense of sacrifice. The difficult part seems to be in finding that balance without compromising who you are.

Also, you sound like someone who is capable of thinking too much. I can be the same way! Don't let anyone change you. That's my advice :o)

NellySue's photo
Sun 04/17/11 08:03 PM
Thanks for the thoughts! Speaking of animals... I went to the pet store the other day... nothing like puppy kisses to cheer you up!

NellySue's photo
Sun 04/17/11 07:24 PM
Edited by NellySue on Sun 04/17/11 07:24 PM
I recently broke up with my boyfriend. We dated for 2 years.

I realized that when you date someone for that long, you become so close to them that you need to "redefine" yourself again outside of the relationship.

You ask yourself questions such as:

"Who am I without this person?"

and

"What do I truly enjoy doing on my own, outside the influence of this person?"

I'm rediscovering myself and my own confidence since I've been out of this particular relationship.

I'm curious: How have you rediscovered yourself after a breakup? What have you done to become more confident in who you are?

NellySue's photo
Fri 04/15/11 03:07 PM
I guess I don't think it's a bad thing to try and go on different dates. The more you date, the more you learn about how different people function, and what you want.

NellySue's photo
Fri 04/15/11 03:05 PM
Interesting! I would say if the girl knows ahead of time... perhaps she is doing the same??? Why would they recommend this to you?