Community > Posts By > Ysabeau

Ysabeau's photo
Mon 04/25/11 03:14 PM
I want to find a companion who values my intelligence and my quirky sense of humor, and who is old-fashioned enough that he wants to take care of the woman in his life (I don't mean supporting me; I can support myself). I want to continue to work as a writer and editor for as long as I can. I want to own a house, preferably in the woods and near a body of water. I want to continue to learn about subjects that interest me. I want to keep my sense of wonder, which I was fortunate to keep long past childhood. I want to help others.

Ysabeau's photo
Sun 04/24/11 06:00 PM
Well darlin', if I weren't 11 years older than you, I'd ask you out and save you the trouble of asking me. You sound like an all-round great guy. Any woman who would let a disability stop her from dating a terrific man is a dope--no loss to you at all.

I don't think it's your disability, though. And I'm not just saying that to make you feel good. I think far too many people of both genders have become so doggone picky about who they date that their expectations are actually grossly unrealistic. You know, like guys who insist that a woman not be more than five pounds overweight, or women who expect a man to support them in high style. (I know I'm gonna get lynched for these remarks.)

Live your life with joy, my dear. Smile at everyone you meet. You never know when Miss Right will turn up, so be sure there's a smile on your face when she does!

Ysabeau's photo
Sun 04/24/11 05:50 PM
Dear Robin,

I'm new here but I noticed your post and had to reply to offer my prayers to those who have already expressed theirs. I pray that Rick will get his transplant very quickly and that you and he will be able to walk down the aisle together soon.

God bless you, Rick, and his boys in this time of need.

Ysabeau's photo
Sun 04/17/11 11:16 AM
I don't miss my childhood, but there is nothing to miss because I have retained the most important thing children have: I still have my sense of wonder.

Not fat, but I could stand to lose a few pounds.

People always tell me I'm beautiful, but I suspect that they aren't seeing my exterior because they also tell me that I'm a really good person. So I think it's inner goodness that they see and it translates to beauty.

Ysabeau's photo
Wed 04/13/11 08:17 PM
My family would say that I am sweet.
My friends and colleagues say that I am brilliant but terrifyingly lacking in common sense.
Everyone--family and friends--say that I am the go-to person for useless knowledge.
Oh, and my friends call on me when they want a good meal, too. They love my cooking. (Which is good because I love to feed people.)

Ysabeau's photo
Wed 04/13/11 08:06 PM
undercooked eggs, and gristle in meat. *shudder*

Ysabeau's photo
Wed 04/13/11 08:02 PM
I'm here for the dancing banana.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ysabeau's photo
Thu 04/07/11 10:30 AM

Sometimes I have to close my eyes at the photos, so many of them are shirtless. And it's always the ones who should never never NEVER be shirtless in public.sick

Oh gosh I know what you mean! I saw a photo last night of a fellow whose boobies were as big as mine (and mine aren't small, either). I do NOT want to see man-boobies! The worst part is, I was all out of eye bleach because I had been trying to edit my own photos earlier in the day, and I always need to bleach my eyeballs after gazing upon my own visage. :laughing:

Ysabeau's photo
Thu 04/07/11 10:24 AM
Edited by Ysabeau on Thu 04/07/11 10:27 AM
I look at the photo and read the profile, too. They're of equal importance to me--but not for the reason you might think. I couldn't care less whether a guy is "hot." But I do very much care whether he has taken the time to put his best face forward in his photos. I've seen far too many photos on here of men who looked angry with the world, and to me, that is a deal-breaker in itself. I want to see a smiling face because that is the person who is approachable. But that's only half the picture (no pun intended); the profile's important, too. I want to connect with men who share some of my values and my interests, too. I want somebody I can have conversations with--and laugh with.

At the risk of being lynched by the guys for stereotyping them, I suspect (from my experience so far) that guys just look at photos, whereas women read profiles AND look at photos. The reason I suggest this is that I've had several contacts from men who wanted to talk on the phone after a single round of messages. My profile states that I want to move SLOWLY; if they had read that, they'd have saved themselves time by not contacting me. And since they seem to be in such a rush to enter into a relationship, I'd think they'd want to save time by only contacting like-minded women! laugh

Well, gents? Care to refute my assertion? Or tell me to go suck eggs? laugh I mean no insult, guys. I love men...I think you're terrific. smooched In fact, of all the Lord's creations, I'd have to go so far as to say that men are my favorites--at the very least, right up there with big dogs, tiny kittens, and a big bowl of jambalaya. :wink:

Ysabeau's photo
Thu 04/07/11 10:11 AM

It isn't hard to find a date if you SMILE. This goes for men, women, girls, boys, older women, older men, plump women, pudgy men...just smile, willya?
It looks like you're already collecting a group of male admirers as friends. I'm impressed, but not surprised. You have a great profile and a first-class smile.

aww...thank you, sweetie. blushing

Ysabeau's photo
Thu 04/07/11 10:06 AM
Thanks so much, ladies, for your positive comments. You're so nice to take the time to respond! I hope you both find someone who appreciates you and cherishes you as you deserve.

Well, apparently the fellas in my age group are NOT impressed by my profile, because they're avoiding me like the plague! sad2 Or maybe it's my photo? I dunno. I'll try to change the photo today...but it's still the same old face! tongue2

If all else fails, I'll just get another dog. At least they don't talk back, and don't try to push you into a relationship you aren't ready for. laugh

Ysabeau's photo
Tue 04/05/11 08:27 PM
Thank you, Leighanna, I hope you do too! flowerforyou

Ysabeau's photo
Tue 04/05/11 08:00 PM
So, the first few replies I received from my original profile were nice, but they all seemed like they wanted to jump right into a serious relationship. That is THE VERY LAST THING I want to do. I would love to be in love again--SOMEDAY. Not tomorrow or even next month. I've learned from my mistakes and this time I am going to know the person first, and I want him to know me first...I want each of us to know what makes the other person tick. So anywho, I revised my profile in hopes that it would make my desire for friendship first more clear.

Ysabeau's photo
Tue 04/05/11 07:41 PM

I'm actually a 3 foot Pygmy elephant hunter.......

smokin

Wait; does that mean that you are a three-foot-tall pygmy who hunts elephants, or that you are a hunter of three-foot-tall pygmy elephants? Or am I being pedantic? :wink:

Ysabeau's photo
Sun 04/03/11 10:15 AM
Hiya, and welcome aboard from a relative newbie. I've only been a member for a week. The people here are great, you'll love it!

Ysabeau's photo
Thu 03/31/11 04:32 PM

You sound like a fabulously interesting woman. I'm sure you will have lots of admirers. Welcome to the mingle family.

“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!”
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
I Love a fellow Pythoner.

Thanks for the welcome Troublebug! This seems like a very nice site...nice people I've run into so far.

"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley Road. Sudden. Violent. Comedy."

Ysabeau's photo
Thu 03/31/11 04:22 PM

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ysabeau's photo
Wed 03/30/11 12:33 AM
It isn't hard to find a date if you SMILE. This goes for men, women, girls, boys, older women, older men, plump women, pudgy men...just smile, willya?

I was checking out the profiles and there were so many attractive men in our age group...except that they were scowling in their photos! Come on, fellas! Do YOU want to be seen with a lady who looks like someone just peed on her Wheaties? Of course you don't...so why should we?

Granted, my photo isn't the most fetching in the world, but at least I'm smiling. And I make it a point to smile often, and at just about everybody...young, old, well-dressed, kids with pink hair...doesn't matter to me, I give 'em all a cheery smile. Very few people--very few indeed--fail to smile back.
happy happy happy flowerforyou

Ysabeau's photo
Wed 03/30/11 12:22 AM

What I see happening to both men and women, is that they don't look after themselves physically and that is akin to aging, because you are not fit enough to enjoy life, have no energy, and look gruesome naked. So who wants a fat, gruesome mate with no energy, and health issues?
I'm 58 and still play hockey. I notice women young enough to be my daughter, even grand daughter checking me out, because I have a fit body. So many people give up early on themselves and forget that people run marathons in their 80's. So why can't people in their 50's be fit? If you chose to turn into a couch potato and no one wants you, who's to blame. You control your destiny. If you steer your ship into a reef don't blame anyone but yourself. If you're not appealing its your doing, stop griping and look after yourself.

let's see a photo, if you're so confident
huh

Ysabeau's photo
Tue 03/29/11 07:12 PM
You sound pretty terrific yourself, sweetie. Give me a shout! waving