Community > Posts By > laurita86

laurita86's photo
Sun 05/01/11 07:14 PM
A cord of three strands is not easily broken. God is what holds a relationship together when things get tough. When situations or people in a relationship change, God will be the constant. He will never change. I wish you all the best in your venture for Godly relationships! Be blessed :)

laurita86's photo
Wed 04/20/11 12:46 PM
Thanks so much everyone. Any scriptures directly related to the gifts of the spirit other than 1 Cor. 12?

laurita86's photo
Wed 04/20/11 08:19 AM
I believe in the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) but I know the least about the Holy Spirit. I feel that it is a topic that is not well talked about in some Christian circles. I see and feel the Holy Spirit working in my life and am earnestly searching and praying to find out more. Any Scriptures that come to mind to help me? Thanks!

laurita86's photo
Wed 04/06/11 12:57 PM

You ever wonder? If God already knows what you want and need why does he make you ask?

I don't think God "makes" us ask. I do believe God already knows our needs and wants so we don't need to ask. I think GOd wants you to ask to verbalize what is important to you. I think like in any relationship it is all about communication and growing together. Speaking and listening both are important in any relationship, including our relationship with God.

laurita86's photo
Mon 04/04/11 03:53 PM

God hears the cry of our hearts, but He answers in His perfect timing and will. He knows what's best for us and we just have to be patient. I remember praying for things when I was younger, and I see now how not having those requests answered were a blessing

This is beautiful. I just want to add to this.

I am also very grateful that He does not give us everything we ask for. Many times God has something better for us than we can even imagine.

Here is my real life application:

I babysit and many times I take the kids to different places to play-parks, Chuck E Cheese, etc. They are surprises and the kids always try to guess where we are going. What I have come to realize is that they only guess the places I have taken them. This may sound obvious but bear with me. They are 3 and 5 and know the places they love based on their personal experiences. What the kids don't realize is that I know them so well (from spending so much time with them), that I know they will love a new place even before I have taken them there. I take them to places they cannot even imagine-places more fun than their guesses because they are new and exciting. They are always grateful afterward.

Isn't that how we are? What we ask for is what we know through our personal experiences or what we have observed from others. We can't think outside the box even to think that God has something better for us that we don't know about YET. In God's timing He will reveal them to us. We need to be patient and be grateful when God's surprises come along. He has better things planned for us than we can even imagine. He will be leading us every step of the way. Afterward, we too be will grateful.

laurita86's photo
Mon 04/04/11 03:46 PM

Am grateful to God because He already knows our heart's desire even before we tell Him.

Definitely! Also, I am also very grateful that He does not give us everything we ask for. Many times I have asked God for things that I wanted-a boyfriend, job, etc. Looking back I am so grateful God didn't give those to me for different reasons. Only now, many years later, can I see that. God has something better for us than we can even imagine.

Here is a little real life application:

I babysit and many times I take the kids to different places to play-parks, Chuck E Cheese, etc. They are surprises and the kids always try to guess where we are going. What I have come to realize is that they only guess the places I have taken them. This may sound obvious but bear with me. They are 3 and 5 and know the places they love based on their personal experiences. What the kids don't realize is that I know them so well from spending so much time with them, that I know they will love a new place even before I have taken them there. I take them to places they cannot even imagine-places more fun than their guesses because they are new and exciting.

Isn't that how God is? What we ask for is what we know through our personal experiences or what we have observed from others. We can't think outside the box even to think that God has something better for us that we don't know about YET. In God's timing He will reveal them to us. We need to be patient and be grateful when God's surprises come along. He has better things planned for us than we can even imagine.

laurita86's photo
Sun 04/03/11 08:12 PM
God always hears our prayers and questions. We may not see how he answers our prayers right now but God is always working even when we can't see it. Don't doubt that. Many times God simply is teaching us patience. God will reveal his will to us in His timing. He knows what is best for us. He will answer us in a special way just for us and give us peace. Just keep listening for God and put His will above your own.