Community > Posts By > Qureoss

Qureoss's photo
Sun 10/30/11 03:03 PM
The funniest (?) profile posting I've read recently was the one from the woman who said that shy men need not message her, repeated at least once.

What made it funny was that she had no profile picture. I guess that must have meant that she isn't shy but she does prefer to be anonymous.

Qureoss's photo
Sun 10/30/11 02:51 PM
Being a tired old fart (but fighting it) I will readily concede that stupidity, laziness of intelligence and imagination, egotism, narcissism, etc, etc, recognizes no gender in it's manifestation. It was just my familiarity with the topic in THIS context is entirely female-oriented. The thought has occurred to me to sign up to one or two of these sites as a female persona just out of curiosity. However, at 52, life is getting rapidly shorter and I just feel I need to PRIORITIZE. Otherwise, I am happy to accept the word of you women on the subject.

:tongue:

Qureoss's photo
Sat 10/29/11 06:04 PM
I suspended my account here quite some time ago. I can't remember for sure why. However, Having reactivated it and had a quick look through the profiles of women searching for men I SUSPECT that ONE reason is the number of them using the term "Looking For Mr Right" as their catch-line. This is so old, tired and clichéd that it is not just boring, it's alienating.

"Mr Right" sounds like some unobtainable, ephemeral being along the lines of an asexual "Heathcliffe" that I find it instantly off-putting and thus just immediately pass those profiles by. I assume, in doing so, that the women involved are emotionally stunted and sexually arid.

Personally, I do not care to even think of being "Mr Right" but rather "Mr Okay", "Mr Flawed, But Will Do", Mr Will Give It All I Can But Insist On Having Fun".

What is other men's take on this? Do you just find it judgementally off-putting? Are the women here surprised at such a view? If you're not, why do it? Why set out from the word go to achieve a success rate of zero? Why bother putting your profile here? Why alienate the majority of men from the word go?

Qureoss's photo
Wed 03/16/11 05:55 AM
Forget all the stereotypes you have heard or that you thought you knew about lack of desire for sex in a marriage is concerned. It defies all categorization and explanation to both the 'victims' and to third party observers.

If you want to get an idea of the extent, nature and contrariness involved google "Experience Project" and "I Live In A Sexless Marraige". Quite the eye-opener.

Qureoss's photo
Wed 03/16/11 05:09 AM
[deliberately cross-posted from UK forum]

Hi! (to whom it may concern!)

My name is Paul. I am a single guy, 52, from a village just south of Loughborough and North of Leicester. Originally from Belfast via Manchester.

I am looking to expand my social circle in this part of the world. It has been stymied for far too long.

I am a 'self-outed' computer geek. That means, I think, that I try to remember not to talk about computers endlessly, before everyone else gets bored to death.

I listen to the Today programme on Radio 4 as regular as clockwork in order to keep up to date with how the world is going to pot today. I like to drop in on the Daily Mail on-line on a regular basis just to see what people are getting unnecessarily crazy about. As I type this I am listening to BBC Radio6 to find out what 'hip tunes' the 'youngies' are listening to. There is some really good stuff out there. I rarely hang on to music for long as I like novelty in sound. Although, there is lots of old stuff that stands the test of time.

Anyone else out there got an original (uncensored) vinyl copy of "My Life In A Bush Of Ghosts" by David Byrne & Bryan Eno?

I am currently quite taken by the likes of Tom Williams and The Boat (Get Older) and Mumford & Sons and, oh, lots and lots of others!

Qureoss's photo
Wed 03/16/11 03:03 AM
Hi! (to whom it may concern!)

My name is Paul. I am a single guy, 52, from a village just south of Loughborough and North of Leicester. Originally from Belfast via Manchester.

I am looking to expand my social circle in this part of the world. It has been stymied for far too long.

I am a 'self-outed' computer geek. That means, I think, that I try to remember not to talk about computers endlessly, before everyone else gets bored to death.

I listen to the Today programme on Radio 4 as regular as clockwork in order to keep up to date with how the world is going to pot today. I like to drop in on the Daily Mail on-line on a regular basis just to see what people are getting unnecessarily crazy about. As I type this I am listening to BBC Radio6 to find out what 'hip tunes' the 'youngies' are listening to. There is some really good stuff out there. I rarely hang on to music for long as I like novelty in sound. Although, there is lots of old stuff that stands the test of time.

Anyone else out there got an original (uncensored) vinyl copy of "My Life In A Bush Of Ghosts" by David Byrne & Bryan Eno?

I am currently quite taken by the likes of Tom Williams and The Boat (Get Older) and Mumford & Sons and, oh, lots and lots of others!