Community > Posts By > LoveNess81388

LoveNess81388's photo
Wed 03/16/11 11:44 PM
To gummykiss:

The answer is simple...it's one I'm sure you've always heard...but I assure you, it's rarely ever practiced: BE THERE.

Okay...so here's the thing: Your cousin is already being pulled into this divorce far more than what anyone can possibly imagine. I'm sure there are fights and the boy gets pulled in. No disrespect to your family/aunt and uncle, as I don't know them, but I'm quite sure that in order to "stick it to the other person," there's things going on in the house and the boy is being told to do something to enhance the effect, without actually knowing the outcome of what he's doing. I'm sure the boy knows something that the uncle did and then was told to keep it a secret, and vise versa with the aunt. DEVASTATING situation to be in...Traumatic.

The fact that he already knows he's going to have to choose who to stay with, to me is a CLEAR indication that there's a LOT that he's being pulled into.

Here's what YOU do...You stay true to your words. If you say you're going to be there, then BE THERE. Nothing is more traumatic than being told that "I'll be there for you," and then when push comes to shove, not having the person be there. You'll only be reinstating the fact that when adults say they'll be there, they really won't in theory. After all, the parents are supposed to be there, but obviously aren't there right now at the most critical period (for now)...

It's almost 2 AM here...I hope the essence of this long reply is understood. I'm sure it's a little confusing, but I've stopped functioning a few hours ago. I hope this helps! The biggest advice I'd like you to walk away with is just that...You say you'll be there, then BE THERE...NO FALSE HOPES!