FrostyInTheField's photo
Mon 09/22/08 09:16 PM
Edited by FrostyInTheField on Mon 09/22/08 09:21 PM
I forgot to tell mine…

While it was not a planned trip, but a detour that we I had to take….

Margraten Holland/Netherlands

The Allied/American WWII Cemetery.

I have used up two passports over 20 some odd years and visited 30 countries. That place, people I met that take care of the site, the reverence they have for the ones buried there; to this day evoke very strong emotions.:cry:

"Here Rests in Honored Glory, A Comrade In Arms, Known But To God"

FrostyInTheField's photo
Mon 09/22/08 09:02 PM
Where was your favorite place or most memorable place that you have been….and why…

FrostyInTheField's photo
Mon 09/22/08 08:59 PM
About every 3 months, in for a day or two...

FrostyInTheField's photo
Mon 09/22/08 08:56 PM
My posting may not fit in here but my experience with bi-polar is a little different than most…as it turns out was not bi-polar but had a heart condition…

I went most of childhood and early adult life diagnosed as bi-polar. All kinds of meds, Lithium, Ativan, Depakote constantly changing dosage, strength, times etc. Out side of that I was in good health nothing that ever hospitalized. Until one day in 1992 was having a really really bad manic episode and a friend took me to the ER.

After about an hour and enough Ativan to knock out a horse, heart rate still way up, a Dr. walking through the ER saw me hooked up an EKG machine, and in about 10 min after that had me heading for the surgery for a condition called Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome. After 4 hours of heart surgery, and 14 extra connections between my AV and AO nodes severed I felt like a million bucks…

Turns out that WPW is a congenital birth defect and with enough extra connections can send your heart racing, cause you system flood with Adrenalin and when the heart finally drops you get a crash…out ward appearance of …ta-da

That was the last day I took meds and have not had an episode of any kind since. My therapist at the time paid out of pocket to have about 60 other bi-polars checked…9 out of the 60 had WPW.

FrostyInTheField's photo
Mon 09/22/08 08:12 PM
I am right where Dallas, Addison and Carrollton all intersect..

FrostyInTheField's photo
Sun 09/21/08 06:14 PM
I want to play but no XboX, I signed the petition to LucasArts to get it on PC...I mean all the other Star Wars games are on pc....

FrostyInTheField's photo
Wed 09/17/08 10:27 PM
Edited by FrostyInTheField on Wed 09/17/08 10:27 PM

...I'm either voting Paul/Ventura write in or Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution party.

Ain't it grand that you are in a place where you can do that!

FrostyInTheField's photo
Wed 09/17/08 10:14 PM

I take it you think for yourself too... you know that makes you a bad citizen these days! LOL!

Yeah, tends to, I seam to get in trouble when I think because my lips move...haha

FrostyInTheField's photo
Wed 09/17/08 10:04 PM
Edited by FrostyInTheField on Wed 09/17/08 10:13 PM
Thanks Warmachine…

For a lot of people this is just hard for them to grasp. That in all reality the President, on his own, has little he can do and must have Congress willing to work with him. All he can do is make recommendations and hope they act on them. We blame the President for a lot of things, but truthfully Congress ether makes or does not make things happen. Because we a government of the people, for the people and by the people.

Sure, the President can be grated “Special Powers” but again only given by Congress. But those powers expire and can be taken away.

We are bombarded by Polls of who’s ahead etc… but the on Poll that matters in the one in November.

Oh and one last note that gets me in a lot of trouble is that we are not actually a Democracy…we are a Republic (say the Pledge of Allegiance)

Democracy and Republic, are not only dissimilar but antithetical, reflecting the sharp contrast between (a) The Majority Unlimited, in a Democracy, lacking any legal safeguard of the rights of The Individual and The Minority, and (b) The Majority Limited, in a Republic under a written Constitution safeguarding the rights of The Individual and The Minority.

And I so agree about the ignorance, apathy and so on, just way too much of it any more.

The wording that is used in the Oath is “…preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

The wording is prescribed by the Constitution (Article II, Section 1, Clause 8)

FrostyInTheField's photo
Wed 09/17/08 09:30 PM
Edited by FrostyInTheField on Wed 09/17/08 09:31 PM
It all comes down to this...(directly from the Constitution)

The Job of Job President of the United States is outlined in the Oath of Office.

I , name of President-Elect, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

The responsibilities of the President of the United States..

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.
(It is up to Congress to act or not act on the Measures presented, the President can NOT compel Congress to act.)

He may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper.
(IF enough members of the House and Senate do not have to attend a session called by the President, a just like needing a quorum for a regualr session, not enough there the joint session can not take place.)

He shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers.

He shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.
(Basically if a law infringes on the Constitutional Rights, the Constitution its self, or other rights and laws as guaranteed by the United States (Federal Laws) The President has the Duty to question the law and how it was applied.)

Shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.
(Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States. These include officers in both military and foreign service.)

So regardless of what they "Promise" us and what they are going to "do" when in office...The only question to take into account is who can "...preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

So for thoes that really want change, look to the 535 members of Congress and see who is actually working of U.S. As they make the laws, pass the bills etc. And no a Presidental VETO is not absolute when it comes to the Congress, laws and bills.

FrostyInTheField's photo
Wed 09/17/08 09:19 PM
After Sundays game I think that the Pats will be just fine...

Yeah there were a lot of screens done, but when Tom set the PlayOff pass completion record, something like 26 of 28...seams like 24 were screens...

Cassel and the Pats are going to be just fine...

FrostyInTheField's photo
Wed 09/03/08 09:10 PM
Edited by FrostyInTheField on Wed 09/03/08 09:14 PM
The Star-Spangled Banner

and

Taps

FrostyInTheField's photo
Mon 09/01/08 06:36 PM
Just a little understanding.

FrostyInTheField's photo
Mon 09/01/08 06:28 PM
Well, that explains a lot...
I have been the one showing up naked and with food!frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

FrostyInTheField's photo
Sun 08/31/08 08:59 PM
Pats...

And my Season Tickets are now a lock! W00T

FrostyInTheField's photo
Sun 08/31/08 08:55 PM
Sup

FrostyInTheField's photo
Sun 08/31/08 08:54 PM
For a “regular job” I am a Sr. Technical Analyst
Freelance Photographer for 25 years.
Member of a Tactical Op team of former Mil and LE that supply opposing force to LE groups for training. shades

FrostyInTheField's photo
Sun 08/31/08 08:49 PM
Within Temptation - Stand My Ground

FrostyInTheField's photo
Sun 08/31/08 08:46 PM
“You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question after a man died, ‘Did he have passion?’”

Movie quote from: Serendipity (2001) - Dean Kansky (Jeremy Piven)

I hope that the people that know me best will be able to say Yes.

FrostyInTheField's photo
Sun 08/31/08 08:39 PM
My pick is about 2 years old.
The other pick is about a year...

Previous 1 3