Community > Posts By > zuenka

zuenka's photo
Tue 03/15/11 07:34 PM

.. to come by and let you my personal present; but not so offen it's possible for people not dealing with Italy to know the best cultural expression. So here you are ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8c6_5N1Xew&feature=related
La mia generazione by zenzero8365

zuenka's photo
Wed 03/02/11 03:53 AM

I hope i am not the only person on here that believes in the Taoist teachings and philosophy. Anybody else out there? Let me know..:tongue:

Can you share any links to Taoist websites that you like? Or maybe post the title of book's you'd recommend to someone interested in learning the way of the Tao.

I studied Taoism and Zen Buddhism many years ago. I thought they were very good philosophies though I must confess that I didn't take either of them on as a lifestyle.

I've only recently been compelled to return to 'religiousity' in the sense of actually practicing dedicated rituals and exercises, both physical and mental (i.e. meditation)

Lately I've been watching a lot of Deepak Chopra which is Buddhist/Taoist. I'm really not clear on the differences between Buddhism and Taoism. The only think I know is that the last time I mentioned Taoism on the forums some Christian fanatic pointed me to some weird website on Taoism that was extremely male-chauvinistic and patriarchal. I found that a bit of strange, because I don't recall anything like that back when I had studied it.

I think it sometimes religions are confused with specific cultures and their behavior which may not truly be due to their religions (or may be a distortion of their religion).

So this is why I'd be interested in hearing about any website, books, or especially any DVDs on Taoism. (especially if I can rent the DVD from Netflix).

this sounds the most complete insert about taoism, that unfortunately is not a religion, 'cause buddhism is the dogmatic developping of taoist first teachears.
I think you should study together with people from sokagakkai as it's a lay organisation who spreads peace through taoistic/buddhist teachings. As we do not have enough proofs about the authours of taoist perceptions, it's enough to understand principles as Itai-doshin, Esho-funi and the 10 vital conditions to make sokagakkai's spirit into a more taoist direction than, maybe still the most accepted one, the mahayana's view.

Hope I've been clear enough; I'm afraid I could make more confusion mentioning that Lotus Sutra is though what we consider the middle to assure buddhahood.

zuenka's photo
Tue 03/01/11 11:47 AM
that's a pretty explication! You, maybe, didn't catch it completely as you were born into this mentality. Me, born as catholic and buddhist from 87, I'd like to make your view easier to understand for new boddhisattwas.
Nichiren Daishonin pointed out that there is no clean country without clean people, and none clean people may enjoy a clean country as long as your mind is not clean. Was it clear enough?

Everybody has to purify body&soul to reach a good state of mind and start to serve the country through studying, practicing and discipline

Enjoy your path as long as you like it, or find another map to reach the same goal. Love&Peace!