Community > Posts By > Homesteadnorth

Homesteadnorth's photo
Sun 02/27/11 08:11 PM
well certainly it is an opinion. But this whole dating thing usually involves a man. If what inspires women is a utterly ridiculous view of what a man is or should be, well, i cannot help but make that observation. In my view, far too many films are made with chicks self esteem in mind, but they increase the gap between the chicks and the men.

Homesteadnorth's photo
Tue 02/22/11 08:43 PM
I am always reading about 10 books at a time, for most of which I have little enough time as it is. Right now, the top of my bed is littered with The Horsemen, On The Warrior's Path, Trap lines North, Little House in the Big Woods and The Long Winter, Rowboat in a Hurricane, Do it Yourself Housebuilding (putting in new stairs), Making the Adobe Brick by Eugene Boudreau, Notches of all Kinds, Getting Along in Portugese, Just finished The Whale Warriors, and of course, Jane Jacobs' Dark Age Ahead. Anyone out there speak any portugese, I think i am ready to practice

Homesteadnorth's photo
Tue 02/22/11 08:35 PM
harold and maude is a classic if you are an 80 year old woman who wants a 18 year old boyfriend. it scares most men silly.

Homesteadnorth's photo
Tue 02/22/11 08:32 PM
i cannot let the holiday pass. Terrible, truly terrible film. Written so over the top in a way to make caricatures out of the men, I was embarassed for Jack black and Ed Burns both, usually good actors. So Phony! Yuck! There are good chick flicks of course, who mentioned 2 weeks notice was fun. The dead architect version with sandra bullock was not fun for the dead architect. chick flicks are supposed to inspire chicks! you need quality and a happy ending. the Princess Bride looks good to me, if i was a chick that would be my choice. Also, good call on last of the mohicans, he kills the bad guy and saves the girls and runs, runs, runs, lots of high enery running

Homesteadnorth's photo
Tue 02/22/11 08:22 PM
Some good movies named, but where is Forrest Gump? Come on! Shawshank Redemption? I could not watch that again. I could watch Forrest running back and forth for years. that's how you live man.

Homesteadnorth's photo
Tue 02/22/11 08:18 PM
That's a good story man. Truth be told, most people are underappreciated in the imperial size of it all -only so much room for so many moviestars. And most aren't as neutral about it as Malcolm. Cool guy. Nice you saw him for the talent he was.

Homesteadnorth's photo
Tue 02/22/11 08:07 PM
listening to THE THE, Love is stronger than death, a real favorite of mine while avoiding dying prematurely, along with SEAL crazy,and Bjork original self titled,which I always played while doing very risky things involving machinery.

Homesteadnorth's photo
Tue 02/22/11 05:29 PM
test driving appears to be a requirement of modern life, along with female emancipation. In life, as in car sales, lemons should naturally be avoided.

Homesteadnorth's photo
Tue 02/22/11 05:27 PM
Thank you. where is heart of the valley, out of curiosity? I have never heard of it and I am from all over BC = which valley?

Homesteadnorth's photo
Tue 02/22/11 05:26 PM
strictly tongue in cheek of course. The odds of meeting someone, let alone a wife, are slim. Still, one must be honest, and I appear to be 'ready for commitment' as it were. Personally, i think marriage is mainly a matter of survival. once you realize that you simply cannot do it all alone, a wife makes sense. I assume that women realize the same thing, from the other side of the pole.

Homesteadnorth's photo
Mon 02/21/11 09:30 PM
I am an iconoclast of sorts, I like old things, and a more traditional life. I have a 5 acre homestead outside a ski town in British Columbia, and I am an unusual person. I withdrew from a PhD in 01 in boredom (it was interfering with my learning), I have a Master's degree, I am an athlete, and I am going to do a triathalon this year. I work very hard, I have farm animals, my operation is 100% organic, I spent time in the army, I am extremely capable - tools, trades, fighting, debate, etc. In short, I am an actual man, and there seem to be few of them these days. Interested women, say hello, let's talk and get to know each other. I am much younger in my appearance and life than 41, I was nearly killed in my twenties, took about a 7 year time out to recover, and lost my 7 year girlfriend at that time. So, I am more like about 34-35 in my mindset and maturity. Luckily I recoverd fully, although my body has many scars. I am very, very healthy, and as strong and fit as I was at 19. I am 180 lbs and I work 12 hours a day, very physical, very skilled, trades. I am extremely intelligent, and I prefer to work with my hands. I would like to have a couple of kids, I feel that that would be appropriate for me now, and I am willing to marry a much younger woman for that purpose. I have been alone for most of my life since 18. Usually women my own age have already had a full life of family and kids, and I have not, so I am mentally in a younger bracket of life. I will finish my PHD some day, but not now. I like wilderness living, homestead life, so if you are an active, healthy, intelligent woman with integrity and the ability to be happy with animals, travel, and a kind, capable, hard as nails man who suffered a lot in this life, say hello. I do not whine, beg, complain, or *****. Whatever needs to be done, I do it.