Community > Posts By > silverthorns

silverthorns's photo
Sat 02/23/08 08:00 AM
I'm a firm believer that age is just a number. While I wouldn't date, say, a 19-year-old because the maturity level is probably just not there, I would consider anyone 22 and up. We are people, not numbers - I don't wish to be defined by the number of years since my birth, and I don't define others that way.

silverthorns's photo
Wed 10/24/07 08:15 AM
Lex is totally right. It started out as basically a "deed" saying the man owned the woman. Then the religious sets all decided their individual gods wanted them to marry people in their own religion, etc etc. I don't see anyone as being married or unmarried based on a piece of paper. I'm separated, but I see it as unattached because the relationship is definitely over. All that stuff is just a legality.

Basically, I think a lot of it comes down to what society tells you. Unfortunately, our society is largely influenced by our fundamentalist Christian roots, with people believing a god told men and women to marry for life and stay in it not matter how miserable they are. :D I'm not sure that's even practical. People change, lives change...if things change that much, I think it's better to end the relationship, even if you do have a piece of paper telling you you're married. It's a state of mind, not a piece of paper.