Community > Posts By > Dragoness

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/10/12 10:36 AM

I don't think so. Actually if Romney get's the nomination the maybe Obama will win. If Pau gets the nomination(Which will NEVER happen) Obama would definately win. If Santorum gets the nomination Obama is done and if Gingrich gets the nomination I think Obama would be done too.

His approval rating is to low when he is running for re-election. No sitting President has EVER won re-election with approval ratings as low as Obama has now.

So in your opinion the best contest for America is Obama versus Santorum?

I will still be putting my money on Obama.

America needs Obama for a second Term

With the lunatic fringe options people have to choose from they will choose Obama even if they are not exactly happy with him. He is still the best choice.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/10/12 10:34 AM

President Obama has found someone new to blame for his failures: the Founding Fathers - those brave men who fought a war to free America from Great Britain, and establish a republic based on a constitution that is still the envy of the world.

In a video posted Monday at Townhall, Obama told Matt Lauer that people are frustrated because he has not been able to "force Congress to implement every aspect of" his radical agenda.

"Our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like sometimes,” he said.

But he promised to keep "plodding away, very persistent."

"And, you know what? One of the things about being President is you get better as time goes on," he added.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/02/good-grief-obama-blames-the-founding-fathers-for-his-failures-video/

Barry needs to learn to take responsibility and not play the blame game. With this clown everything is everyone else's fault.

Hell, I even heard that Barry was so livid at his staff members after the Haiti earthquake that he almost fired the all. The reason he was so mad is they couldn't come up with a way to blame it on President Bush.laugh

He said "And, you know what? One of the things about being President is you get better as time goes on," how come he hasn't gotten any better? laugh rofl laugh

You will waste your time on this one.

The title of the thread is fraudulent and the read is a waste of time.slaphead

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/10/12 10:29 AM
Japan Airlines' CEO pays himself less than the pilots, takes the bus to work

By Cory Doctorow at 3:21 am Friday, Feb 25

When Japan Airlines hit hard times in 2009 and began to lay off its staff, JAL CEO Haruka Nishimatsu cut his own pay to less than that of his pilots and eliminated all his perks. He now rides public transit to the office and eats in the employee cafeteria, standing in line with his colleagues.

Japan Airline Boss Sets Exec Example (via Reddit)

http://boingboing.net/2011/02/25/japan-airlines-ceo-p.html

All the while American CEOs take government handouts to give themselves huge bonus'.

What is wrong with that picture?

Dragoness's photo
Thu 02/09/12 08:06 PM
I am learning.

Dragoness's photo
Thu 02/09/12 08:01 PM
Edited by Dragoness on Thu 02/09/12 08:13 PM

of the federal government telling us what we can and can't do, what we should eat and not eat, it's none of their business. If women want free contraception then they can keep their legs shut. Simple as that.

Or we could legalize neutering men who won't control themselves (you know those ones who think women are the control of their penises, causing unwanted children, causing abortions to have to happen )so women won't have to worry about contraception.

I think that would be a better idea.

Dragoness's photo
Thu 02/09/12 07:57 PM
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/04/fourth-amendment-email-2/

Dragoness's photo
Thu 02/09/12 07:55 PM
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/how_police_get_your_phone_records

This has that information and some other.

Dragoness's photo
Thu 02/09/12 07:47 PM

Will Mitt Romney legalize polygamy if he becomes president?

Since the president does not pass laws -- no, he will not.

High school civics: Congress makes the laws.

Yea veto but I don't think it will be a national decision made by congress. I think this one will be decided by the Supreme court like most discrimination laws have been.

Dragoness's photo
Thu 02/09/12 07:44 PM

Utah has decided to legalize polygamy for all its citizens.
Utah lawmakers have decided to move forward with a bill that would legalize polygamy.
Current Utah Law (Article3) states that ”polygamous or plural marriages are forever prohibited.” But according to Article 3, you can hold whatever religious beliefs you want. Utah will never prosecute you for your religious beliefs. However being a polygamist and acting upon your beliefs is completely out of the question.
That’s been the conundrum for Utah lawmakers… until now. “We have to change the laws to match the beliefs of our citizens and a man having more than one wife, just makes sense!”, said UtahSpeaker of the house, Blake Smith (D).
Over the years, authorities have looked the other way with regard to polygamous behavior and have instead focused on any abuse of children, kidnapping or any other domestic abuse.
Under current Utah Law bigamy is a felony of thethird degree.
[image]
The news of the new Utah bill coincides with TLC airing its new realityshow, Sister Wives, about a man with three wives – and soon a fourth – and his 12 kids..The man, Kody Brown. says, “polygamy is just another word for paradise.”
The husband is happy. The wives are happy. The children are polite and helpful. “It’s perfect, it’s heaven,” said Brown. “Variety is the spice of life and… I am enjoying my life.”
Advertising salesman Brown lives somewhere in Utah with Meri, his wife of 20 years, Janelle, his wife of 17 years, and Christine, his wife of 16 years. “I like marriage, and I’m a repeat offender,” he says.
He identifies himself as Mormon, though he is not a member of the mainstream faith that has banned “the lifestyle,” he notes. “Thelifestyle.” You’ll hear thatexpression tossed around a lot in the one-hour premiere.
The wives are the biggest advocates, arguing it guarantees security to their children.If one of them were to die, the other wives would step in to raise the kids. The extended clan lives in a large house that is subdivided into separate but adjoining apartments for each of the wives and their children.
“Look, it’s better for women to share one stable, solid, good man than to be with a no-good man who can’t even support himself. It’s the way the world is supposed to work. Women want men with money, power and status and men want variety and beauty. Polygamy is the natural way for human beings to mate, have a family,” said Monica Creighton, another polygamist in Utah.
They expect a large influx of new residents.

As long as they are all of age and mental consent let them marry each other.

It is not my place to tell others who they can love and marry as long as they are of age and mental consent.

Dragoness's photo
Thu 02/09/12 07:40 PM
Did you know that in the US, once your email becomes 181 days old that law enforcement doesn't need a warrant to read/use it?

Do you know of anymore internet laws that are probably not well known?

Dragoness's photo
Sat 02/04/12 08:55 PM

Well, considering no cop should be able to "in his own opinion" suspect anyone on sight of being an alien because it is racial/skin color profiling and is discrimination, it shouldn't be too hard to determine it is wrong.

Everyone who comes in contact with the police in the negative light should have their citizenship checked.

But that is not what the law originally said.

If you can prove your citizenship each time they stop you then of course everyone should do it all the time. Do birth certificates prove that? So make sure you carry it. And the original copy from the vital statistics office too just like the pres had to have.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/03/12 08:30 PM
Not!slaphead

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/03/12 08:05 PM
Edited by Dragoness on Fri 02/03/12 08:06 PM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/80417613/Farrar-Welden-Swensson-Powell-v-Obama-Judge-Malihi-Final-Decision-Georgia-Ballot-Challenge-2-3-2012

Apparently Obama is going to be on the ballot in Georgia.

Hmmmm who could've known.slaphead

I hope they make those idiots pay back all this waste of time and money they have done with this garbage.

They just need to admit they are racist and can't stand black folks so they can stop wasting everyone's money.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/03/12 06:19 PM

Grassfire Nation Update

Under,

It’s time the United States make English their official language.

That is the sentiment of more than one hundred lawmakers who have added their names as co-sponsors to the “English Language Unity Act of 2011” (H.R. 997), introduced by Rep. Steve King (R-IA). In addition to becoming the official language of the U.S., the legislation would also “establish a uniform English language rule for naturalization.”

“I don’t know what the Republican leaders have on the board that is more popular than official English,” said King to the Hill.

The move to make English the official language of the United States is not something new -- or without critics. Many Democrats believe this latest effort is little more than a political effort designed to paint President Obama in a bad light since he voted against a similar measure when he was a Senator.

Three years ago, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) referred to a nearly identical bill as “racist.”

Under, the Leftists who are running this country and trying desperately to re-shape our nation into something our forefathers wouldn’t even recognize need to be painted in a negative light.

Though our nation was indeed built on the backs of hard working immigrants who spoke dozens of different languages and dialects, they all knew the importance and necessity of learning the English language as a unifying measure, a sign of assimilation and belonging.

That is missing today, and our nation suffers because of it.

That’s why Grassfire Nation has launched a national petition initiative supporting Rep. King’s legislation to make English the official language of the United States.

We are asking all members of our team to get on board with this effort by clicking below and signing our petition:

Urge your friends to sign the petition by clicking here:

http://www.grassfire.com/202/petition.asp

King has bi-partisan support of the House.

All he’s missing is a strong contingent of grassroots citizens mobilized to move Congress forward with this long-overdue legislation -- bringing us closer to unifying our nation by adopting English as our official language!

Under, this is an issue that American citizens can win. But just signing isn’t going to be enough. We need the help of grassroots patriots to spread the word about H.R. 997 and efforts to make English our official language.

Grassfire officials will be reaching out to Rep. King in the near future to make ourselves available to him and those supporting this legislation. As soon as we reach our delivery goal, we will hand-deliver all gathered petitions to key members of Congress!

Be among those patriotic Americans who are diligently efforting to make English our official language by clicking below and signing our petition:

NOPE

We need to speak more languages here so we can be a part of the world.

It would be so much nicer here in this country if more people were multilingual.

I think we should make having two languages mandatory instead.

we cant make TWO Mandatory, without starting with ONE mandatory,,

HAAA

and it probably should be the one our laws have been founded and written in,,,,,,

No, one being mandatory is stupid, caters to the ignorants in this country.

Two or more being mandatory is educational, mind expanding, freeing, etc.... It will make smarter children and everybody will get more enlightened.

Two or more of their choice would be great. There would be so many languages being spoken and wtitten here.

Absolutely wonderful for this country, it would be.

why is TWO mandatory any more 'stupid' than one?

who decides which 'two', does mere majority make ones need to be understood more significant than another?

certainly the language a country is founded in is a reasonable START in deciding upon at least ONE ?

choice and MANDATE are two different things

there are already plenty of languages spoken and written here, and not very many spoken very well, especially that which the country was founded in

Im not for MANDATORY language, I do see the logic behind an OFFICIAL language though,,,

It is stupid because there is not one language spoken on this planet.

Whereas if you make two or more mandatory, not official, people become smarter (scientifically proven)when they learn more than one language and they become better suited for this world culturally. It will make the process quicker of creating better people which is always the goal.

Great then let people take calculus 1,2,3,4 and5, statics, upper level chemistry and physics. These constitute other languages, I'd be down with that otherwise learn English.

No need to make an official language and I will support making learning more than one language mandatory, no language official.

It would make smarter individuals in this country if they would learn more than one language of their choice of course.

Then I can get my mail in Italian and speak French at the market and get my newpaper in German and request my food in Spanish and get my government papers in Swahili.

How fricken great would that be!!

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/03/12 06:13 PM
No one needs an official language anyway. It is obvious what the "civilians" speak. When they could be smarter and speak more and that would be better.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/03/12 06:10 PM

Grassfire Nation Update

Under,

That is the sentiment of more than one hundred lawmakers who have added their names as co-sponsors to the “English Language Unity Act of 2011” (H.R. 997), introduced by Rep. Steve King (R-IA). In addition to becoming the official language of the U.S., the legislation would also “establish a uniform English language rule for naturalization.”

“I don’t know what the Republican leaders have on the board that is more popular than official English,” said King to the Hill.

The move to make English the official language of the United States is not something new -- or without critics. Many Democrats believe this latest effort is little more than a political effort designed to paint President Obama in a bad light since he voted against a similar measure when he was a Senator.

Three years ago, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) referred to a nearly identical bill as “racist.”

Under, the Leftists who are running this country and trying desperately to re-shape our nation into something our forefathers wouldn’t even recognize need to be painted in a negative light.

Though our nation was indeed built on the backs of hard working immigrants who spoke dozens of different languages and dialects, they all knew the importance and necessity of learning the English language as a unifying measure, a sign of assimilation and belonging.

That’s why Grassfire Nation has launched a national petition initiative supporting Rep. King’s legislation to make English the official language of the United States.

We are asking all members of our team to get on board with this effort by clicking below and signing our petition:

All he’s missing is a strong contingent of grassroots citizens mobilized to move Congress forward with this long-overdue legislation -- bringing us closer to unifying our nation by adopting English as our official language!

Under, this is an issue that American citizens can win. But just signing isn’t going to be enough. We need the help of grassroots patriots to spread the word about H.R. 997 and efforts to make English our official language.

Grassfire officials will be reaching out to Rep. King in the near future to make ourselves available to him and those supporting this legislation. As soon as we reach our delivery goal, we will hand-deliver all gathered petitions to key members of Congress!

Be among those patriotic Americans who are diligently efforting to make English our official language by clicking below and signing our petition:

NOPE

It would be so much nicer here in this country if more people were multilingual.

HAAA

and it probably should be the one our laws have been founded and written in,,,,,,

Two or more being mandatory is educational, mind expanding, freeing, etc.... It will make smarter children and everybody will get more enlightened.

Two or more of their choice would be great. There would be so many languages being spoken and wtitten here.

why is TWO mandatory any more 'stupid' than one?

who decides which 'two', does mere majority make ones need to be understood more significant than another?

certainly the language a country is founded in is a reasonable START in deciding upon at least ONE ?

choice and MANDATE are two different things

there are already plenty of languages spoken and written here, and not very many spoken very well, especially that which the country was founded in

Im not for MANDATORY language, I do see the logic behind an OFFICIAL language though,,,

It is stupid because there is not one language spoken on this planet.

Whereas if you make two or more mandatory, not official, people become smarter (scientifically proven)when they learn more than one language and they become better suited for this world culturally. It will make the process quicker of creating better people which is always the goal.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/03/12 05:56 PM

Grassfire Nation Update

Under,

NOPE

HAAA

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/03/12 05:43 PM
Well, considering no cop should be able to "in his own opinion" suspect anyone on sight of being an alien because it is racial/skin color profiling and is discrimination, it shouldn't be too hard to determine it is wrong.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/03/12 05:23 PM

Grassfire Nation Update

Under,

NOPE

Dragoness's photo
Fri 02/03/12 05:18 PM

You want to know what killing jobs, killing manufacturing in America?...Then read this....The bailout was nothing more than a pizzing contest...one hand washing the other.....

One of the greatest threats facing our country today doesn't come from outside our borders. It's not the possibility of a terrorist attack. It is not the continually increasing illegal immigration across our southern border. It's not even the likelihood of a disrupted oil supply.
The greatest problem we face is the self-imposed cost and regulatory burden placed on the development of manufacturing businesses. America, at least the America I grew up in, was the land of the free and the home of the innovator. We used to celebrate entrepreneurs and reward those willing to take a risk. America, the "can do" America of my early years, allowed it's innovators to operate with relatively little restraint or restriction. If you wanted to start and operate a business, "have at it, we wish you success" was the motto of our great nation. If you had an idea for a "better mouse trap" build your plant, install your equipment, hire your people and good luck.
In the '60s we had a positive balance of trade and it was growing faster than anywhere else in the world. Japan, the second most industrialized country, produced goods that were considered inferior to those produced by our great American factories. China, South Korea, Mexico? Not even on the map! Today our balance of trade is negative by a long shot and the quality of our manufactured goods is inferior to that of many other countries. Much of what we consider manufacturing in the U.S. today is really the assembly of components manufactured in other countries. Manufacturing profits go to businesses outside America because we regulate manufacturing facilities into oblivion.
Today the environment for starting and operating a manufacturing plant is not good. Gone are the days of "Great, go to it, do the best you can." Replaced by, "NIMBY" -- Not In My Back Yard. The government has imposed itself as our costly overseer, placing environmental, zoning, and wage/benefit restrictions so burdensome in time and cost that businesses are left barely competitive if not impossible to begin.
Have a great idea? See a viable opportunity? Want to build a product or establish a manufacturing plant? Go see your local government officials. You will find the "go for it" attitude replaced with, Manufacturing??? Why do you want to consider such a dirty business? Why would you want to put your fellow citizens at risk? What would we do if someone were to get hurt? How could we possibly live with ourselves if, God forbid, some kind of particle escaped into the air or blew into a river? How could you live with yourself if your employees weren't all being treated equally and being supplied with incredibly attractive wages and benefits?
I would like to relate my recent experience trying to start a Carbon Fibre manufacturing company in a Northeastern U.S. State. After meeting for three weeks with the economic development offices of the State and City, it was determined that after I located and acquired a facility, at my cost and risk, even if it were properly zoned, it would have to be approved for a special use exception. Thereafter we were told to budget in excess of $300K for pre-approval EPA, environmental, and other studies. The studies would take about 6 months at minimum -- with no guarantee of a successful outcome. Even if we were approved, and in spite of the fact that at opening we would be hiring approximately 25 technically competent people in a high unemployment region, we would have to go to the Union hall and negotiate a trades contract before hiring the first employee. I would be forced to unionize and hire more expensive, "senior union members." I am not allowed to go to Craigslist and hire younger, entry level trainees. My cost of operation becomes higher before even opening my doors and I have no choice in this matter. Unbelievable!!!
Even if I am willing to take the time, spend the money, and successfully navigate the bureaucratic hurdles, what additional risks do I face? How about this: OSHA arbitrarily decides I'm not in compliance with one clause in their multi-thousand page regulatory bible. Or, an employee-union member decides he is not being treated fairly or that the benefits package is not equal to that of federal or state employees, and files a grievance How about the EPA deciding, retroactively, that in the event of a power outage there is a chance my factory might leak a "toxic" substance? I will be sued, shut down and possibly prosecuted criminally.
Now, consider my experience the last time I visited China. I was escorted by the governor of Tianjin State to one of his new cities and shown the process to open a manufacturing facility. I was led into a room with a series of desks. You start at the first desk where you present your plan. Thereafter you proceed from one to the next obtaining approvals or agree to modifications on the spot until at the last table where you are shown what lots and buildings are available that best suit your needs and the price of each. The total timeline for permits, from beginning to approval, takes about 3 hours.
At the end of the line you pay your fee, get your permit, and choose your construction manager if a new building is necessary. The city designates the building team to come the following day and begin construction. Generally you are guaranteed that you will be able to move your equipment in within 5 months.
There are no restrictions on importation of equipment, state officials help with marketing and sales inside the country and do not restrict exportation of the manufactured goods or profits. Now, this is China so the government and the state share 30% of your business, but considering the ease of entry, increased in-country sales and helpful attitude, this is a small price to pay, especially considering America's 35% plus corporate tax rates. Also, if the price of the lot or building seems high, and they like your project, they will negotiate the price and terms.
This is why our balance of trade is so out of whack. This is why many companies move out of the United States for foreign environs. This is why the United States is losing its position as the greatest manufacturing country in the world.
The greatest threat to our American future doesn't come from other nations, it comes from within. We have become our own worst enemy.

As written by a greedy inconsiderate whatever.

First, cover why the regulatory agencies were created. Because people were being killed by their employment unjustly. People were being killed/maimed by bad products. Then what they do that is so important. They are in place to try to make it\ a safer work evironment. They are there to make the products/services safe for people.

So yea a greedy non caring sob is gonna bytch like a little baby about making it safe for his workers and for his customers. But it sure don't make him right.