Community > Posts By > Dragoness

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 04:10 PM

Back on topic here.

If you were a person who had been persecuted by a religious organization that happened to use a cross as their insignia and you entered a government building that had promised you that they were neutral on the religious issues and you were served by someone wearing a cross, you would not feel safe nor believe that this government really was unbiased.

Mexicans who come to California feel this way about all law enforcement. There's nothing we can do about their past experiences. They are going to have learn to deal with law enforcement here and get over their past experiences with a corrupt government if they want to function here.

If I had been raped by a man, would I be able to walk into a government building and demand that I not see any men? Your argument is ridiculous.

It wasn't an argument, it was a factual statement.

In your example, yes we would have accommodated a rape victim. We would have and did accommodate for fear of government having dealt with humans from all over the planet.

Your point is moot still.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:57 PM

I did work there.

We believe that you worked there.

LOL well I guess I don't have a reason to lie about that??? LOL

My point is simply that I cannot take your statements into consideration sinch I only find evidence to the contrary. It doesn't mean you aren't right. You may be. But, it doesn't matter. I am going to have to not believe you until shown otherwise.

slaphead slaphead slaphead slaphead :thumbsup:

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:56 PM
Back on topic here.

If you were a person who had been persecuted by a religious organization that happened to use a cross as their insignia and you entered a government building that had promised you that they were neutral on the religious issues and you were served by someone wearing a cross, you would not feel safe nor believe that this government really was unbiased.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:51 PM

I did work there.

We believe that you worked there.

LOL well I guess I don't have a reason to lie about that??? LOL

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:50 PM
Since some people don't read my posts correctly I will reiterate one point.

The wiccan jewelry that was seen on my job had healing powers to it so it was seen as medicinal not religious.

So point is moot there.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:48 PM

So then it would be ok for me to go to a Bar Mitzvah wearing a shirt with I HATE JESUS CHRIST KILLERS on it?

My point is where do you draw the line?

I wouldn't recommend it.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:44 PM

I don't care Home Depot has tools that's all i care about.

I know.

I am so disappointed.

I like Home Depot but can't spend my money where it may go to white racists.
i don't think he is racist i think the article is trying to make the readers believe he is.I just think he doesn't like Obama.Come on Home Depot has Dewalt,Milwaulkee and Hilti....omg i just had an orgasm

wtf is artical i had to edit that,man i need to reread what i type....lol

I believe you are incorrect here but you have the right to your opinion as do all.

I believe this man is a white racist possibly unbeknownst to himself and he is looking for excuses to express this.

There are lots of white racist who have no clue they are white racists. In a white controlled society as we have had, it is easy for that to happen.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:41 PM

I know.

I am so disappointed.

i feel your a racist for spreading this filth all the time. did you ever think that about 65% of home depot employees are black? have you ever even been in a home depot? your just spreading your liberal rhtoric, without even checking up on anything. spread your filth, you won't have much longer to worry about how everyone is a racist, cause the head muslim will be out of office soon.

You have the right to "feel" whatever you want.

Doesn't make it right.

4 MORE YEARS BABY!!!! YEA, THAT WILL BE.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:36 PM

http://www.adl.org/religious_freedom/resource_kit/religion_workplace.asp

According the Anti-Defamation League, employers cannot forbid the wearing of religious jewelry or have appearance rules that violate one's religious beliefs without there being a good reason such as safety.

I found nothing on Denver, Colorado government employees having such a rule. So, unless you can show me some proof of your statement that Denver, Colorado employees were forbidden from such expressions of their religion, I'm going to have to say I don't believe you. I am certainly open to seeing evidence to the contrary.

You have the right to believe whatever you want. Doesn't make you correct.

I did work there.

i think she is correct. i've never heard of our government suppressing anyones religion...

You too have the right to believe what you want. I did work there.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:35 PM
Personally I don't care what people wear but when they are a representative of the government they need to have respect for all religions and show no favor to any one. Which isn't happening as it should be in all areas yet.

I know, we have a long way to go to get it out of government as it should have been done from the get.

I am one who works at it all the time. Voting and petitions. Phone calls and letters.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:28 PM

http://www.adl.org/religious_freedom/resource_kit/religion_workplace.asp

According the Anti-Defamation League, employers cannot forbid the wearing of religious jewelry or have appearance rules that violate one's religious beliefs without there being a good reason such as safety.

I found nothing on Denver, Colorado government employees having such a rule. So, unless you can show me some proof of your statement that Denver, Colorado employees were forbidden from such expressions of their religion, I'm going to have to say I don't believe you. I am certainly open to seeing evidence to the contrary.

You have the right to believe whatever you want. Doesn't make you correct.

I did work there.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:21 PM

I keep meeting folks who use the bible as an excuse for oppression. How does that happen?

Crusades, Witch trials, Manifest Destiny, Slavery, and my personal fave: misogyny.

All sorts of excuses made that people beleive the bible tells them this sort of behavior is handed down from God.

Why do you think its so easy to use the bible for evil?

White supremacists use it also to justify their sickness.

Anything that is written as ambiguously as the bible is and is considered to be "written by a diety" is fodder to fuel any lunatics agenda.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:18 PM

I signed a petition for Ron Paul. It was about adding the Libertarian party to the ballot. I signed because I will do anything to get rid of this 2 party system, and yes I know you can be an independent but we all know it's pointless when it comes to elections. I want people to stop looking at what party they belong to first and judging them second and start judging our candidates based squarely on the person running. As soon as you throw Rep or Dem in the conversation people get biased. That's why Ron Paul is the only person I'd vote for, he's something different from the usual Reps and Dems. If it takes so many parties being added to the ballot that they have to get rid of parties all together, I'll consider it a win.

Considering he is almost an anarchist, I could never vote for him.

He is a lunatic worse than what we have had. Which is pretty bad.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:10 PM
I need a bit of that sometimes.laugh And I can't even blame alcohol.slaphead

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:06 PM

I know.

I am so disappointed.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 03:04 PM

Too bad the racism exists and makes the funny not funny anymore.

I have seen non libs, lots of them, call racism when they see it too.

And this sounds like a racist man struggling to find another less ugly reason to express his racism as is seen so much these days.

i'm pretty sure that no one is saying that racism does not exist, we are saying that anything that we do not like about the MIC may not be racism. i didn't GWB either, am i a racist for that?

So was the OP about you?

So why take it personally?

The man appears to have racists reasons for his dislike of the president considering that he supports his policies.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 01:12 PM

http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/qanda_religion.html

Based on this, an employer cannot arbitrarily make a policy forbidding religious jewelry. So, Dragoness, I am really curious as to this policy you worked under.

It was part of our agreement to employment, EEOC only battles if there was no agreement between employer and employee about issues. Religious organization do the same. You cannot work in one religious organization outwardly expressing and proselyting another religion and keep your job.

If someone on your job would file a complaint of your outward expression of religion, you would find that chances are it would become a rule that you couldn't wear it either. A judge would rule that no religious expression is more just and fair in the government. Of course................ that is unless you live down south and then they are so far behind the times in this area and other areas like race relations, it might be allowed.slaphead

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 12:58 PM

State/City and it was policy.

What State and city? And, when was this that there was a written policy stating you could not wear religious jewelry?

We had a system here that combined State and City employees, they have since done away with it but we were under both jurisdictions.

And I don't remember seeing one cross as jewelry. Recognizable religious insignia probably makes a big difference here too. I knew some Wiccans at work who wore their talismans and stuff and had no issues because they were perceived as homedic health aids or something like that.

Spoiled Christians feel "persecuted" because they have been over stepping boundaries for a long time here. So they will have to feel that way until the proper balance is reached in this country.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 12:51 PM
Too bad the racism exists and makes the funny not funny anymore.

I have seen non libs, lots of them, call racism when they see it too.

And this sounds like a racist man struggling to find another less ugly reason to express his racism as is seen so much these days.

Dragoness's photo
Fri 03/16/12 12:44 PM

I meant shouldn't or eventually will be

They are working it out of the government slowly but surely. When I worked for the government we were not allowed to bring our religions to work at all. Nothing on our desks or bodies. And I will continue to work to get it so that no religion is represented in the government at all.

I see. What part of the government did you work for? And, was this a written policy?

State/City and it was policy. They did allow a Christmas tree since it comes from a non religious tradition before Christianity but no baby Jesus or any stuff like that.

On the holidays we have a display at our court house here that has all religions that want to display displayed. Even if you made up a religion and wanted to display there you could. The fight is going to come and end it all when a satanistic religion decides it wants to display there. That will be the day it all ends because people cannot be fair to what they see as evil. Which is the reason religion is private and should be kept there.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25