Community > Posts By > jjammin1812

jjammin1812's photo
Fri 02/11/11 12:25 PM
I once had an argument about what it is to be a true Christian. He came to the point of saying we must be perfect as He is perfect. I questioned if any of us can be perfect as He is perfect. He led me to think he was there now. I laughed and said "We will be as He is when we see him face to face. As long as we live in this body of flesh, we will live constant battle over dominance. But I have found that being a third party in this is more applicable than thinking I have to put up a fight in this issue of dominance. Christ lives in us to be our Champion through the power of His Holy Spirit. We must but simply live in submission to His will daily...moment by moment! To respond to events is the key...not to let our emotions control us... bit to surrender to the Lord in that moment when we want to just react to what ever has bothered us. I call this "The Painful Pause"...that moment in time when we feel the pain of the situation...hold it...recognize it...consider what to do...and then respond to what is happening. Not an easy thing to do!

I ramble I think! I must say I believe it would be very presumptuous for me to say there are no real Christians at this site.

jjammin1812's photo
Fri 02/11/11 11:56 AM
Edited by jjammin1812 on Fri 02/11/11 12:08 PM
If you love her, you can wait! If you are committed to her, you can wait! If your relationship falls apart...for what ever reason...you can wait!

I am not saying "No, never do it, sex is out of the question!" I am saying this: "Think first!" But, one must acknowledge the fact that it can happen in the heat of the moment of true love for each other. Practice a dating rule of never being alone in a private area will help. My first wife moved up our wedding date because she thought she was pregnant. We never had any children and were divorced after 5 years. We may have never married if sex had not entered the picture. We take our lives and others lives into our hands by doing something that appears to be simply between two people. The repercussions can be enormous!

One must know, sex is much more than just a physical action! There is another level of connection that takes place...it's invisible, intangible but none the less real. Just like playing the guitar creates a callous on each finger after much use...the same happens when one has to much sex...that part of us...that spiritual part of us that sex touches can grow calloused and lose of feeling.

This can be a precious part of ones relationship with the one we love the most. Do not seek to waste such a precious aspect of our humanity.