Community > Posts By > curious22

no photo
Sat 10/20/07 12:49 AM
lol true..and rather curvy...seems to fit in many ways haha.

no photo
Sat 10/20/07 12:48 AM
what's that tx? i meant to ask sarah if there was a reason for her name aside from the play on words. sarah_bellum = cerebellum

no photo
Sat 10/20/07 12:46 AM
any reason..or was it for the pun? a comment about mental skills in general or because of its functions in perception perhaps?

no photo
Sat 10/20/07 12:42 AM
and sarah..clever name...

no photo
Sat 10/20/07 12:38 AM
and sarah..clever name...

no photo
Sat 10/20/07 12:36 AM
i'm staring at the computer wishing i could sleep.

no photo
Thu 10/18/07 04:48 PM
desperation does funny things to some people...

no photo
Thu 10/18/07 03:54 PM
jess..a few of the states have abolished it. we're down to only one charge that allows it..aggravated murder..i still don't agree with it..cause i don't agree with the death penalty. but at least we haven't executed anyone for about ten years.

no photo
Thu 10/18/07 02:41 PM
"13061977" I did read that..I felt the subject was similar on some levels to middlesex by jeffrey euginides though handled in an emotionally and stylistically different way. it encouraged me to reread middlesex to compare the two.

no photo
Thu 10/18/07 02:38 PM
thanks britty and others who said that i shouldn't change myself..i happen to agree...i think partners who change core values or desires end up resenting each other's presence. (you can change little things like putting too much mayonaise in chicken salad, some compromise should be made, in my view, to remind us that we value the other person and the relationship, but never those things which are vital to us). I failed to communicate that belief before, what I was going for was that maybe I was misinterpreting my feelings, experiences, or needs. but thank you again, i really appreciate your advice..

no photo
Thu 10/18/07 02:15 PM
lol she doesn't need to make the mark of genius to be happy i don't think lex...though i greatly appreciate your support, and everyone elses...its comforting to know you aren't alone in feeling something. chubby cherub, that's a great suggestion about locations, i will try to be mindful of it. and hawaii girl..thanks for the vote of confidence.

no photo
Thu 10/18/07 02:11 PM
clever, and accurate, distinction diction spider.

no photo
Thu 10/18/07 02:05 PM
tombraider..that's bordering on slave labor...i'm not sure i agree with possibly indefinite prison work colonies...you're stepping into dangerous territory with that option..to some extent perhaps, but conditions must be humane..to have the ethical right to cast judgement, there must be a modicum of human decency with which we enforce the laws or we are behaving similarly to those who broke them. that said..prison work crews as an optional program for non-violent prisoners to participate in, as they are in my state, are an excellent resource and its done by mutual agreement.

no photo
Thu 10/18/07 02:01 PM
ok here's my issue..yes you have to protect society, and in theory punishment is a deterent to crime..but..moral arguments over the right to take a life aside, it is certainly not ethical to take a life of someone who could in theory be innocent. ever met twelve people on the street? how much would you trust them to decide someone's fate? i'm not impressed enough with society to jump on that wagon. plus as many people have said, it cannot be un-done. i feel just as much rage over inequities in justice and innocent people being hurt..but that's just the thing..i don't want to be one of those people who potentially hurts an innocent person by ordering the taking of their life through state execution. that said, i have no qualms with a life sentence without possability of early release. it can be reverted to some degree if new facts come to light later.

no photo
Thu 10/18/07 01:52 PM
so here's the issue, i may be overly analytical..lord knows i'm too obsessed with accumulating information and i love literature to an unhealthy degree. I love learning and I love exploring new ways to look at things. The problem is, most girls I have dated aren't all that interested. they either just want to have fun, which is cool, i like having fun, or they simply don't care about exploring ideas. anyway i feel like i want someone who is more compatible with the rest of my personality. perhaps i'm wrong about what i need though; maybe its that I need to change my point of view or perspective. so I'm asking for thoughts, do you have any suggestions?..and as always anyone interested in literature, liberal arts topics, science topics, or who are interested in a guy who is, feel free to post or message me. thanks in advance.

no photo
Wed 10/17/07 08:03 PM
thanks anouk i needed that..

no photo
Wed 10/17/07 07:43 PM
but i can't help myself, i have to do it yup yup yup uh huh uh huh

no photo
Wed 10/17/07 03:03 PM
no worries hyawattha, it would have upset me too, so i just thought i'd reassure you that we haven't degenerated to that level yet.

no photo
Wed 10/17/07 01:01 PM
how anthropomorphic...and i don't mean that in a bad way..its just interesting to me...

no photo
Wed 10/17/07 12:08 AM
hi anouk lol...