Community > Posts By > lonelyshorty

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:47 PM
Edited by lonelyshorty on Thu 02/21/08 03:47 PM

At one point God even told people to stone sinners!

In fact, clearly the Jews were still following this directive in Jesus' day.

They were indeed going to stone a woman to death for her sins and Jesus said, let the man without sin cast the first stone.

God never told the Jews to Stone people, it was the teachers of the law that did.

I know you are going to say what about the martyrs. Yeah God had them die, but it was to show people that they were willing to die for God, because they knew they were going to heaven.

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:43 PM
Edited by lonelyshorty on Thu 02/21/08 03:44 PM
Tell me something, HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE NEW TESTAMENT?

Everything you are saying is from the Old Testament. You are using what God did in the Old Testament to fuel your argument.
The people of Egypt abandon God. God sent those plagues to punish the Egyptians. He was using them to make the Egyptians realize that their gods dont control everything GOD does.

As for the stoning, God never told the Jews to stone the sinners. It was the 'teachers of the law' or the priests. They had wacked out rules like you couldnt work on the Sabbath that ment you couldnt even cook on the Sabbath. The priests thought it was God's will but it wasnt. It was their ideas.

As for the burning of the witches, the people were Puritans. They thought wearing colors was a sin. God never told the Purtians to burn people it was their religion.

In the New Testament, the stories arent focused on the Isrealites they are focused on the church.

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:31 PM

Punishment can be done lovingly.

By God punishing those people, the Israelites came out of the desert a stronger people, who trusted God. In other words, the Israelites benefited from being punished.

Clearly this who story was local folklore about the Israelites. It's not a story about the creator of this universe because too many other people are left out in the cold.

The very Egyptians for example. Where’s their story with this universal God and how they came to abandon God and more importantly how God had came to abandon them!.

Clearly this God of Israeli folklore never abandon them even when they turned against him. So why did this universal God abandon the Egyptians? And when, and why did his universe God abandon the heathens who had settled in the promised land?

Where are their stories of abandonment?

Clearly the Bible is folklore that is focused on a specific group of people, not on a universal creator of this entire universe and all other peoples who are in it!

That’s a contradiction in itself. A universal God who plays favorites!

God doesnt forget about people he loves everyone. Its the Egyptians and all the other religions that forgot about him. Take Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis 18 and 19. Those people were wicked. Three men went down to the town to see how wicked the town was. Later two angels came to the town and the people wanted to rape them.

God punishes the wicked and hopes that they learn from their punishments.

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:17 PM

Please don't comment on "interpretations", because what I said is the story laid out by the Bible.

I fully understand the story Spider.

This is just adds to the contradictions.

The supposedly loving God of the Bible spends more time punishing his followers then loving them.

And beside, if they had decided to stop following him then that very fact would make them heathens just like the people who were supposedly living in the promised land.

It's just one huge contradiction after another in a never-ending stream of contradictions.

God loves everyone, even me and you. He loves his people and he uses bad things to grow them closer to him.

If someone did decide to not follow him, hes not going to let them go. He will find a way that will bring them back to him.

Try looking up John 10:28-29. It says it all right there about people giving up on God

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:08 PM
It wouldnt change my life. One tank of gas usually lasts me a week, depending on what I have to do

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 03:06 PM

There are tons of inconsistencies, and highly questionable situations in the Bible as far as I’m concerned.

In once case we have people being ‘led’ by God to a promised land. First, contradiction to that is that they wander around seemingly aimlessly for 40 years. That doesn’t represent very good ‘leadership’ from a God that is supposedly ‘leading’ them to a promised land.

Then when they finally get to the promised land there are already people living there! And all-powerful God wasn’t even powerful enough to come up with some empty land? So then God tells his chosen people to get in and murder all the people who are living in the promised land.

This may not seem inconsistent or contradictory to some people, but for me it totally contradicts the very power of what this supposedly all-powerful God is supposed to have. He can’t ever seem to have any of his plans work out without major problems involved. Hardly the signature of a supposedly ‘all-powerful’ God.

And this kind of sloppy ineptitude is just riddled all through the Bible. It's a story about a supposely all-wise and all-powerful God who can never seem to get anything right.

Firstly, God saved his people from Egypt. They reached the Promise Land, but the people didnt follow Moses. So he punished them in the desert for 40 years.

Secondly, the people that lived in the Promise Land werent following God. They were worshipping idols and sacrificing to their gods. God had the Isrealites destroy them and the idols

Thirdly, God is in control of everything. He blesses those who honor him and helps those who call on him. He lets things happen for a reason. Yeah 9/11 happened and yeah the War on Terror is still going on. God knows whats going to happen

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:50 PM
where are you at?

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:49 PM
evening? its not the evening its not even 4 yet

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:39 PM
I know. Good luck with your man I hope it works for youdrinker flowerforyou

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:31 PM
Well we started talking a few weeks ago but I was talking to someone else then. Like him coming to see me talking. But that guy dumped me and I'm glad he did. This guy makes me so much happier. We started seriously talking and agree to try a long distant relationship on Valentine's Day. It has been a week and I like him so muchbigsmile

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:19 PM
Me 2 and fishing and swimming. My man is coming to see me in Maybigsmile

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:16 PM
I'm alright fresh, I'm better than I was yesterday

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:14 PM
bigsmile exactly, thats why Mirror is one of my favorite people on here. He is so funny

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:08 PM
Me 2. I cant wait to start wearing my flip flops again and shorts. which reminds me I need to buy new ones

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:05 PM
I have found a great guy. He is a smart AZZ to me but I'm a smart AZZ back to him.

Good luck with your search

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 02:02 PM
Did you feel the shake this morning? I didnt b/c I was too tired but my mom did.

Oh yeah hooray for the heat wave. I cant wait till it gets warmer

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 01:53 PM

Happy happy joy joy
Happy happy joy joyflowerforyou

I hear ya Hiker. I'm talking to my man right now and it always makes me happybigsmile

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 01:47 PM
Its like almost 50 here, but we did have an earthquake this morning. It wasnt anything big because it was 350 miles away in Nevada

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 01:44 PM

ooops I ment to say wouldnt hang on let me change it

oh shoot....i was about to give you my number:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

laugh very funny. Phone sex is dumb. Its like cybering

lonelyshorty's photo
Thu 02/21/08 01:40 PM
ooops I ment to say wouldnt hang on let me change it