Community > Posts By > Pollyanna

Pollyanna's photo
Fri 10/26/07 06:31 PM
You know what is so cool? By the time the emotion subsides and we actually distance to think... we know exactly what to do, how to do, but especially, 'what we should have done!'. Hey Winx:) I'm a slow learn but the coulee banks makes an fantastic thinking chair:)
Outandproud so sorry that the learning curve was rough. Sucks to have a fixer personality, but ... it is also a wonderful way for be to be. It means you still care about the world:)

Pollyanna's photo
Thu 10/25/07 06:20 PM
Problem is....sometimes I'm not good at remembering to listen to what I've learnt or the advice that I know backwards and forward. I also need to learn to edit typos:).

Pollyanna's photo
Mon 10/22/07 07:48 AM
Congrats:) I've only read a portion of your replies and of those, those have made me grin and a lot of times...nod but think, what a crackpot! :)

Pollyanna's photo
Mon 10/22/07 07:38 AM
Hey Mercede! Welcome! I'm sort of new too. These people make you feel like you have been here forever. One of the best sites in years.:)

Pollyanna's photo
Mon 10/22/07 07:33 AM
Morning Winx,

It is so hard to detach and stay engaged with what is going on around me. I tend to colour everything with how I am feeling and attach it to other situations.

My aunt told me detachment can be healthy, if I acknowledge the problem, accept that I am powerlessness over it, and I must consciously choose to no longer invest needless emotional energy into trying to fix it.

She gave me a check list:
-If someone sets up a situation that becomes a problem,choose not to react to a crisis that is put in motion. It is there problem, from their actions, and you do not have to carry it.
-Choose not to do for others what they can, and need to, do for themselves
-Choose not to allow yourself to be abused because someone else has a problem and fails to accept responsibility for it. They just want to include you so they can cover up the mistakes and misdeeds that they have done.
-Choose not to stop a crisis from occurring to someone, if this crisis is part of a natural course of events, resulting from their actions.

If you are like me and haven't been able to follow the above and have gotten hurt (the last one especially.I am a fixer):), you have the hardest choice! You must detach on purepose and walk away from them until they have fixed themselves. If the choice involves loving them, but no longer carrying their actions on my shoulders... well it is hard, but I am finally learning to let it slide off my shoulders.

I grineed at your statement, 'take a walk, etc'. Yup. I do them very very often! Thanks for the blog. It reminded me to accept what I can't change.

Pollyanna's photo
Mon 10/22/07 07:11 AM
Mornin' everyone! New pot of coffee ready? Chilly and cold, but I managed to wish the snow somewhere else! Anyone see where it and the wind went? Black, strong and straight up with the java please.

Pollyanna's photo
Mon 10/15/07 09:49 PM
Oops.....I came in the bar instead? This is a meets all place. Changed my mind about a hot drink. Chilly up here.

Pollyanna's photo
Mon 10/15/07 09:48 PM
No more coffee.....I had way too much! Hey Judy! I left extra muffins this morning for you! Didn't they save any?

Debee there are so many prayers for you on this site. I like it soooo much. I'm trying to figure out from the names why everyone in this Coffee house seems familiar and which sites they jumped from!!

Pollyanna's photo
Mon 10/15/07 07:15 AM
Morning all....hey some of you got here before me! Coffee on the run this morning. I brought some Butter Crunch Muffins, but save one in case Brian shows up. I am recognizing a few faces from a few years ago. Other sites same people! Way too awesome.

Midnight I will catch up, but my prayers are so going out to you today. The more the better, then they are louder and carry up faster!

Nummy coffee...who made it? Extra great today.

Pollyanna's photo
Mon 10/15/07 07:08 AM
Hey Mark! lol Yup! Met a few.

Thanks everyone for the hello's. I'm off to the Coffee Bar for my injection of caffiene and then hitting the day at a run. Nice fall days can not be wasted! We get way too much winter.

Brian, I'll drop your Butter Crunch Muffin at the Coffee Bar. :)

Pollyanna's photo
Sun 10/14/07 09:20 PM
Me too I am afraid. Too many candles burning their wicks up here. Night . See you later.
Debbie

Pollyanna's photo
Sun 10/14/07 09:12 PM
Hi Dillpickle.
You are right! So far it is very easy to get around and already found a few old friends. Gotta love forums:)
Debbie

Pollyanna's photo
Sun 10/14/07 09:10 PM
Hey Cathy! Nice to see you.
Night.Debbie

Pollyanna's photo
Sun 10/14/07 09:08 PM
Midnight yours is waiting in the thermos mug.

Pollyanna's photo
Sun 10/14/07 09:07 PM
Hi all! I found the Coffee Bar already:)I tend to end up up on these sites and always end up in the forums. I'm in the middle of the prairies. People fly over us to get to the other provinces! Then they miss sooooooooo much!

Pollyanna's photo
Sun 10/14/07 09:02 PM
Awesome!!! Thank you! I love it strong and black. I know it is late but I need to finish files.

Pollyanna's photo
Sun 10/14/07 08:57 PM
Hey is it closing time or is there a fresh pot? I just popped into the newbie section and asked if there was a Coffee Bar!!!:)

Pollyanna's photo
Sun 10/14/07 08:54 PM
Hey Everyone!

I didn't know this site existed. So far it seems to be one of the more decent ones. Any of the forums have a Coffee Bar? It be fun to drop in and chat. Plus I am sort of a coffee-aholic! I make awesome muffins:)