Community > Posts By > undave

undave's photo
Thu 11/29/07 10:52 AM

I am looking for a hot uk boy.

Why?

Cut down on heating bills, obviously...!

undave's photo
Tue 11/27/07 12:05 PM
Nice MacBook, and a Mac Mini :)

But I miss my 12 inch iBook..

undave's photo
Wed 11/21/07 04:28 AM

do you find that quicklaunch slows your computer down quite a bit..? at least on startup... but then again i have a kind of crappy computer

I think you're talking about something else - like, office quick launch crap which loads on startup. I mean the block of icons that's usually, when enabled, just to the right of your start button...

The stuff in XP normal mode on the right hand side is fixed, AFAIK, I'm afraid... probably some registry hacks could change it, but.. meh.

undave's photo
Tue 11/20/07 11:55 AM
Hi all!

Last time I went on a night out in Newcastle, I had chips thrown at me, which was nice.

Brighton's very cool! Saw a Regina Spektor gig down there in February.

Can't say I've heard of Norwich, sorry ;)

Does seem quiet 'round here...

undave's photo
Tue 11/20/07 11:47 AM
I'll admit to liking a cigarette with a pint of beer.

But... pubs smell so much nicer now, and the main thing is that bar staff have to work in smoky conditions, stinking hair come the morning, higher chance of lung cancer.

I know what you mean about "another right" but... I know I'd smoke in a pub if I could, every now and again, and it's just not fair on the people that work there.

Plus, the flat truth is (and I'm not saying this in a way to criticise people's choices in life) that smoking is stupid. It's NICE sure but... stupid. It does bad things to your body. (Does this mean I'll give up caffeine? No. Well, only maybe if it was found to drastically reduce life expectancy. And maybe not then.)

Sucks for smokers, true. And a symptom of a Nanny State. But all round, a good thing.

Next: ban cars driving down my cycle roads!

undave's photo
Tue 11/20/07 11:41 AM
No Shadow Hearts fans?

Suikoden 2

World of Warcraft... just eats too much of your life!

I've stopped playing since I quit that, though, not picked up a game in months :(

Xenogears definately.

Baldur's Gate 2!

undave's photo
Tue 11/20/07 11:34 AM
Helpful info to post:

Operating system!

I'm rather guessing you have Windows XP, and it's in "XP" mode not "classic" so when you click start, you get the 6(?) most recently used programs on the left hand side, and My Computer etc on the right hand side.

Even if you put it into "classic" mode you can put stuff above but not into the special groupings Microsoft makes for you.

Personally I have a Quick Launch bar next to my start button, which is where I launch most stuff from. You'll need to right click on the task bar (to the right of the start button, not on a program that's running) and I think it's View or Show or something -> Quick Launch (sorry, I'm on a Mac at the moment :P).

Then, you can open up an explorer window (right click on "start -> explore is my favourite method) and navigate down to "Program Files". Right click and drag it down to the quick launch bar (which will have Show Desktop, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, maybe Media Player, in if you've not changed anything) and when it looks like a shortcut, let go!

You might need to right click on the task bar and unlock it, resize the quicklaunch bar, and relock it if there's no room...

Probably no help, but umm it helps my typing speed, right?