Community > Posts By > Devolops

Devolops's photo
Tue 11/23/10 06:49 PM
As a guy who just got out of my first relationship in which I was cheated on, it seems clear to me. If they cheat dump them. If your gonna take em back, make em come back and do it on your standards not theirs. It's harsh but the end result of forgiving her was worse for me. Three and a half years together, then she cheated on me. She was honest about it and came back and self-reported. I tried to set some rules and come up with a method to deal with it. She didn't stick to it, didn't even try really. Three months later she broke up with me because she wanted the freedom to be a slut without me having any right to complain. Yes I got the I'm lost and confused lines as well as many other words that seem oh so hollow. The way I see it, if I had broken it off with her it would have been better for me in the end. Less pain, a more clear direction for us both, and finally she would be much more likely to remember me well and maybe I'd be able to take her back once she had figured her **** out. I was weak. I lost who I was. I even still would trust her. Those last three months just messed up and confused everything. It took me another three months to get past the attachment. I'm still working on putting myself back together. So there, that's my story.