Community > Posts By > sweetgirltanya

sweetgirltanya's photo
Sun 07/22/18 05:05 PM

Sweetgirl, I know what you mean. Hang in there and don't let anybody make you change. Best thing you can do is wait on a guy that will treat you right. It's ok to be alone till then. My ratio this weekend was 4 guys asking me for sex vs 2 asking for a real date.
Drop the players who text other women on dates...right after they pay the check for dinner.

Thank you for your supportive reply. I appreciate it.

I fully am of the same mindset. Be patient. Wait till the right guy comes along and believe it or not I've actually been ok with being on my own. I believe in my convictions. The issue is, it's been 6 years! and truth be told I'm exhausted, frustrated and starting to believe I won't find him. I feel like I'm running a marathon but I have no idea of when it's going to end! When I initially started online dating. I thought, wow! I'm going to be exposed to hundreds of guys. This will quicken the process and allow me to find the right guy more efficiently. Hahaha the joke was on me. It really exposed me to a lot more of what I didn't want! Only now allowing me to go through the process of wasting my time trying to sift through all the messages and lies to hopefully find one good prospect. I'm trying to stay strong. But let me tell you.....it's NOT EASY! I also find the experience to be no different on the paid sites. Just more men who are admittedly separated.

sweetgirltanya's photo
Sun 07/22/18 04:43 PM

A lot of truth in your post.
A lot of people want instant gratification without giving any thought to the potential consequences.

Unfortunately in this present day a lot of people are shallow and self centered.
100% total complete turnoff.

That being said there are still some great people out there just have to sift through the riff raff , or hope they come across you first.

I hope you find (or they find you) what you are looking for in a potential date/relationship.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. It's very much appreciated.
I posted because I hope I'm not alone in how I feel and to get some hopefully positive feedback.

As for what I'm looking for in a potential date/relationship. Well someone who is relationship minded. Someone is open to sharing their life as well as wanting to be a part of mine. Someone who genuinely wants to love and be loved.

sweetgirltanya's photo
Sun 07/22/18 02:22 PM
More and more I feel like I'm a lone survivor from an apocalypse. People looking at me strangely wondering where I came from and why I think the way I do. I have become a minority when it comes to dating the way it used to be. It has become abnormal to want to date and get to know someone before sleeping with them. Now the norm seems to be hook up first get to know you later....maybe! I can't say I find it difficult to get dates but rather get quality dates. I find it extremely difficult to find attractive men of quality, good character, values, ones who truly respect proper courtship. When did it become appropriate behavior to text other people on a date? Or text the opposite sex in front of you if you're casually dating? There seems to be a lack of respect for relationships. Like that expectation is too high! I feel like I'm trying to find the Holy Grail! More and more I feel like the few people who may still think like this are becoming extinct.

sweetgirltanya's photo
Sun 07/08/18 01:38 PM
Again I thank you for your response.

(Men now days don't have to make much of an effort. I've heard my male friends talk about going online and finding women who will come to their house on a first date. You hear women saying there is nothing wrong with 1st date sex. Why would men chase a woman when the can get what they want so easily).

You are absolutely right. There are some women to blame in this issue. As long there are women willing to sleep with a guy on the first date this issue will continue. Again let's try to identify these groups of women. Let me first prefix this by saying, this is a generalization. I don't believe that this applies to every single one in these groups. Again if you break it down by generation you will see vast differences. A female Baby Boomer's views on sex is completely different than that of a Millenial's. Women that grew up in the era of the Baby Boomers hardly believed in having sex for pleasure. It was more a function that they performed for their husbands or to procreate. They didn't derive pleasure from it. Mainly because they weren't really in touch with their own sexuality. As time progressed the woman of the Gen X era became more in touch with their sexuality and took more control of it. They learned how to pleasure themselves without shame and became more vocal with their partners with what they wanted sexually. Women made great strides sexually but perhaps things have gone too far. We're now a part of the Millennial generation. Females in this group hardly believe in love and the value of sex. Can you really blame them? They've been inundated with sex in the movies, television, music, magazines and the general public's relaxed view of it. They don't believe in it because they grew up in a time where it wasn't valued.

It's never been a better time to be a man if these are his values. Never has it been so easily accessible and effortless. Why would a man pursue a woman, court her, spend time and money on her with no confirmation that he will be successful in his quest to attain her in that way. When now he can simply swipe, make no effort except to invite her over or go to her place and get what he wants right away.

More and more it is becoming increasing difficult to find a man that is willing to walk away from what is being handed to them on a platter. As Chris Rock said a man can't run away fast enough! And though I can't expect a man to walk away all the time. It would be nice to find a man of character who desires a woman who would like to wait, get to know each other and decide as mature adults that, that is the direction you would both like to go in.

sweetgirltanya's photo
Sun 07/08/18 12:25 PM
Thanks for your response!
I posted this because I don't think I'm alone in this challenge. It's always good to hear of other people's perspectives. I have heard yours before from men. I always say. Know your audience. Every generation has a different way and comfort level of communication. If you approach a Baby Boomer or Generation X'er. They'll most likely appreciate the interaction and view it as a compliment as long as the approach is respectful. If you approach a Millennial, it's very likely that they will view it as harassment. As Millennials aren't overly comfortable with face to face communication. They grew up in a world of chatting through computers and mobile devices.

Human survival has always been based on instincts, observation, communication and reaction based on what you've observed. We need to go back to the basics in order to properly connect with one another!

sweetgirltanya's photo
Sun 07/08/18 12:08 PM
Thanks for your response.
I like that and have done it. The funny thing is, men still don't approach you as they have their faces buried in their mobile devices. I end up observing them as their opportunities and life passes by.
It's so frustrating but more to the point....sad!

sweetgirltanya's photo
Sun 07/08/18 11:40 AM
I used to love dating! It was easy before dating apps/sites and social media. Now I hate it! Men are unfocused, distracted and confused. Their hunting skills seems to have weakened or disappeared all together. I miss the old ways of dating. When a man approached you in person and introduced himself. At least then you knew what your were getting. Now we have to jump through hoops just to see what someone really looks like and find out weeks later if there's even any chemistry. Dating now a days is like going to a mystery movie. The plot thickens as it progresses and you keep your fingers crossed that you don't hurt by what's unveiled.
Are there any good looking men out there that are truly ready for a relationship?