Community > Posts By > newmanfifo

no photo
Thu 05/19/11 04:58 AM
ur realy hot wpold love to meet

no photo
Thu 03/31/11 06:51 AM
have large number of trees and shrubs to plant on the morrow, (you need a permit x 10 to do anything up here and if you even so much as walkon the land you gotta start plantin)so will ponder your responce and will get back................plenty of room on my soap box for two...

no photo
Wed 03/30/11 10:11 PM
Thanks for trying to save the planet, but alas the more you tell me the more I see just how much you are dependent on “The system”.
Well did you give thanks to BHP for mining the ore that made your water tank?
Did you give thanks to BHP for mining the ore that made your cooker?
Did you give thanks to BHP for mining the ore that helped make your solar panel?
Did you give thanks to the power company for generating the power used to manufacture all the things you now use in your eco paradise?
I could go on but I think you should get the point.
While you inhabit the planet you can’t avoid using resources and generating various pollutants (carbon is not a pollutant by the way), I am sure you are aware that for ever tonne of wood you will burn in the wood fired cooker you will generate 999 kilos of gasses and particulate, not very good for the atmosphere!
Now back to carbon tax, I don’t see how charging the emitters of carbon then reimbursing me for the inevitable price rise is going to make one iota of a difference to the overall carbon output. A bit pie in the sky if you ask me.
Now if we are really serious about carbon this is what we must do.
Stop mining and selling coal to China NOW!!!!
Convert ALL cars to gas.
Make it law that every new house has solar power of some sort installed
Put the unemployed to work on a serious regeneration scheme (paid at the award rate with all the entitlements any other worker would get)
We have the Environmental Protection Agency, we should use that agency to enforce a clean air policy, and after all if I drive a car that blows smoke I get a fine and an order to fix it, why should industry be any different?
A carbon tax is a licence to emit carbon, we must make it LAW that industry reduce its emissions or face hefty fines, if the cost of goods goes up so be it.
Do we really need a carbon tax; history shows that just because we raise the price of petrol etc., people don’t automatically use less.
I retract the carbon Nazi remark unreservedly
And as for Melbourne, the best laid plans of mice and men (and woman) etc. I might get there one day.

no photo
Sat 03/26/11 04:07 AM
What a pathetic response, 5 years ago it was called global warming, as it can't be proved beyond a resonable doubt that the planet is warming' it then became climate change.
I am still waiting for a so called expert on "climate change" to tell me what the efects on this country will be, so far everything we are told is so generic, this country is a land of fire and flood and allways will be. This summer is the norm...

SORRY,,,, BUT I THINK THAT THE THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN DYING OF HUNGER AS WE SPEAK ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN A THEORY AS YET UNPROVED, WAKE UP.... CHILDREN ARE DYING FOR LACK OF FOOD,... AN WE ARE GOING TO TURN CORN WHEAT ETC INTO FUEL TO RUN OUR CARS...LETS FEED THE KIDS OF THE WORLD,

PS how many carbon traders will be required to peddle credits round the world and how many BMWs Mercs etc will be purchesed by them with the brokerage fees charged,

go and plant a tree,
get rid of ur car
don't use power
grow ALL ur own food
don't use make up
use only animal skins for clothing.

Happy to hear from u but don't accuse me of whinging,
If i honestly thought we could make a better planet with a carbon tax, i'd line up to pay it....

By the way i live in the pilbra, 40c is a mild day up here and i don't have a convient local store.

carbon nazi's annoy me...

no photo
Sun 03/20/11 07:01 AM
Why just a carbon tax, how about a poverty tax, and why not a homeless tax, or an additional tax to fix the hospitals and aged care homes, or could it be that the polies only focus on things so far in the future we can never say " you promised to fix that in a year or so" meanwhile a large pension and huge tax payer funded superanuation awaits the poor over worked souls....

no photo
Fri 03/04/11 11:50 PM
hi, where r all the young guys

no photo
Sun 02/27/11 05:41 AM
Australis is the place to be, and the best place in Australia is Melbourne ( sorry to all the other citys) Most people in Perth go to bed at 9, anyone awake after that is either robbing,stealing or raping, After living in Perth for 2 years couldn't stand it any more and now live in melbourne and work in far north WA. The 110000 klm trip is worth it.Cost of living is cheaper etc, and Melbourne was voted 2nd most livable city on the planet!!!!!

no photo
Wed 01/05/11 01:53 AM
in melb east,'lookin for fun with younger

no photo
Tue 12/14/10 04:11 AM
any younger guys sor wana meet up for fun

no photo
Fri 12/10/10 02:26 AM
wana meet any younger guys in melbourne over christmas moving back