Community > Posts By > TomInSanDiego

TomInSanDiego's photo
Thu 10/18/07 06:09 PM
Mike and Pete, thanks for your posts. I totally agree with Pete's answers of "Yes" to all 3 of Mike's questions. I turned off ALL notifications of mail from JSH. I would have preferred options to receive message notifications but not mutual matches. -Tom

Mike wrote: "So it's mainly the emails that are annoying? If you didn't get the notification emails, you'd be fine with Mutual Match as is?

If it weren't anonymous, would you use it?"

TomInSanDiego's photo
Wed 10/10/07 11:05 PM
Hi AR, welcome! I grew up in St Louis :)

TomInSanDiego's photo
Wed 10/10/07 09:53 PM
Mike, thanks for your post.

I don't like the idea of rating users. It seems like I would have to rate a great number of users, and then maybe (or maybe not) I'll see the one who prompted the Mutual Match email to me. I prefer reading profiles, and then writing someone that I'm interested in.

Yes, I would appreciate it if Mike and the others would rethink this feature. My immediate suggestion would be for the site to offer an option to disable specifically Mutual Match emails.

FYI, I didn't choose this site. I was thrust into it from Mingle2...

TomInSanDiego's photo
Wed 10/10/07 09:30 PM
It seems lame to me also.

TomInSanDiego's photo
Wed 10/10/07 09:29 PM
*edit*

The message from JSH said 1 new person. If that's the case, why is JSH showing me more than 1 person at Mutual Match? JUST SHOW ME THE ONE PERSON!

This does not make sense, and it *gives* JSH the appearance of misleading users with the emails titled "Someone wants to meet you on JustSayHi!" It still seems like a ploy to have users log on.

I would appreciate it if Matt, Mike and/or Vanchau would address my concerns. Thanks.

TomInSanDiego's photo
Wed 10/10/07 09:23 PM
The message from JSH said 1 new person. If that's the case, why is JSH showing me more than 1 person at Mutual Match? JUST SHOW ME THE ONE PERSON!

This does not make sense, and it JSH the appearance of misleading users with the emails titled "Someone wants to meet you on JustSayHi!" It still seems like a ploy to have users log on.

I would appreciate it if Matt, Mike and Vanchau would address my concerns. Thanks.

TomInSanDiego's photo
Wed 10/10/07 05:29 PM
Ok, so I received another email from JSH today as follows:

Subject: Someone wants to meet you on JustSayHi
Date: 10/10/2007 6:22:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time

1 new person has said that they are interested in meeting you through Mutual Match, but you have not rated them yet.
------

I logged on to JSH and saw this on My Account Home:
New Mutual Matches: 0
Your Mutual Matches NEW! View All View All (0)
______

My question is: why did I receive an email about 1 new person through Mutual Match when 0 shows on my JSH Home?

Thanks,
Tom

TomInSanDiego's photo
Wed 10/10/07 01:16 AM
Hi Haley, welcome! I'm from SD also... San Diego laugh

TomInSanDiego's photo
Wed 10/10/07 01:11 AM
Welcome, Ouchie. How are things in Ohhhhhhhhhhhhklahoma?

TomInSanDiego's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:55 PM
Hi Fresh, thanks for the welcome! :smile:

TomInSanDiego's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:41 PM
Hi back atcha, Scooter!

TomInSanDiego's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:40 PM
Hi Heather, welcome and good luck!

TomInSanDiego's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:39 PM
Hi Born and welcome!

TomInSanDiego's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:38 PM
Welcome and hi! glasses

TomInSanDiego's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:36 PM
Wow, thanks for all of the welcomes, everyone! This is a very friendly site! :smile:

TomInSanDiego's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:22 PM
Thanks for posting, Katrina.

Perhaps JustSayHi needs to rewrite their email message about a Mutual Match. It's a bit misleading. Sending "Someone wants to meet you on JustSayHi!" sounds like the person selected "Yes."

"Someone might want to meet you" would be more appropriate for a "Maybe."

-Tom

TomInSanDiego's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:03 PM
I'm new to JustSayHi, and was part of the assimilation of Mingle2. I received an email saying:

"Someone wants to meet you on JustSayHi!
1 new person has said that they are interested in meeting you through Mutual Match, but you have not rated them yet."

Does this person really want to meet me, or is this a ploy to get me to log on to JSH?

Thanks,
Tom

TomInSanDiego's photo
Mon 10/08/07 12:26 AM
Hi Everyone!

I woke up on Saturday and found that my Mingle2 profile became Just Say Hi. I'm a symphony musician in San Diego. More is on my profile if you're curious.

Hope to make some new friends. What is this "dating" that is mentioned all over this site? :smile:

Cheers,
Tom