Community > Posts By > VonSchulten

VonSchulten's photo
Sun 05/13/18 11:17 PM

God created mankind

mankind invented gods

I agree. It goes both ways.

VonSchulten's photo
Sun 05/13/18 09:21 PM

It's true, some people are old at 35 some are young at 65. It's attitude and state of mind. Hopefully, some who think "Old" is 45 will live to be that age themselves.:smile:

That's right, and what a wake up call for them...Hehe.
But I guess in the western world, experience and knowledge doesn't count anymore.

And, as you said, a person is only as old as her/his attitude.
I will however add, that a person at their 40's, 50's or whatever, acting like they're 20 comes across a bit ridiculous.
Well at least in my world. That doesn't mean or imply in any way or form having no humour or being able to be playful would be inappropriate.

It all depends on how it is served, otherwise one could be concieved as being somewhat a nutcase and/or having a problematic personality as not having developed into maturity. And maturity we all want no matter age.

Everything can and will be fun with a sense of responsability after all.
It's not nice to look at any age having a good time in a bar or any public place ending up vomitting all over the place as a 14 year old.
neither men nor women at any age.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 10:56 PM

well congrats is in order and as long as the baby is healthy that is a blessing and make sure their child plays hockey .

And not be a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins, as you can see I hate the Pens

Hahaha... that was funny.
I will insist on having layed out ice in his, can't remember the name in english, you know, the thing you place small kids in so they can't roam around.
I'll even insist on them icing their apartment floor...Hahaha.
The dude needs to learn how to skate. Not to much ice and winter in Denmark as is....rofl
We need within my lifetime to be able to beat Canada
(It will never happen)
So that we at least can have that one single day in history to have done that....Hahaha.
(Dreaming with my head up my ***)...Haha.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 10:10 PM
Concerning majority opinion one could pull out a saying from
Churchill that would hit a spot and the same time poke a bit to democracy, and here it goes:
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
- Winston Churchill

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 09:51 PM

Undrboss

She is already finished and now works for one of the biggest construction companies in the world. They have 90.000 workers.
She's a civil engineer. Actually she's been working on Lego's next big building projects. Lego being danish but partially American owned.
Well, stockwise Lego is probably mostly American owned today, I'm not sure.
if your daughter came to america with her education she would find a job easily with her education.

but it sounds like she loves what she does and she is home.

Yes, she has a fiancee and are pregnant now. With a former hockey player I might add, which in my books are a big plus....Haha.
I just love hockey having a stepdad being finnish.
He used to play with Mikkel Boedtker, who's playing for San Jose Sharks.
I know...Way off topic...Hahaha.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 09:16 PM
msharmony

I guess you cared little for him to begin with..Hehe.
But, what do I know....shades smile2

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 09:11 PM
Undrboss

She is already finished and now works for one of the biggest construction companies in the world. They have 90.000 workers.
She's a civil engineer. Actually she's been working on Lego's next big building projects. Lego being danish but partially American owned.
Well, stockwise Lego is probably mostly American owned today, I'm not sure.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 09:00 PM
Sorry if I'm misspelling on several occasions...smile2
I hope you understand despite of that.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 08:58 PM

VonSchulten

nothing is obvious anymore, I agree society should be responsible for training good teachers but society and lets talk about American Society , the politicians and unions have done a poor job with the education system.

Prior to the federal government getting into the education business, it was the states and municipalities responsibilities for education.

And people were educated and then all of a sudden in the 1960's things changed after the LBJ great society crap and a decade later the department of education was set up and Jimmy Carter pouring billions of dollars into the department of education and look what we have now?

Each generation is dumber than the previous generation for the first time in history.

If you think Im kidding look up the PISA test and what place America is in?

Did you know in China students spend 205 days in school in America its 170 days.

and you wonder why kids in China do well on tests?

I do not disagree. In my country, even off topic, but brought forward as an example, they ask more and more from the students. It's a full time work to even attend the public schools and still they get dumber and dumber with 8 hours of forced studying.
Look at the Finnish model, which is, and has been concidered as the best in the world for a decade now, they use very little time at studies but still comes out on a considerably higher skill level.
I know the educational system in Denmark as to stressing the students more and more due to having a daughter studying the last 19 years and I must say that more hours is not always the answer to better knowledge because a mind can only hold and learn so much.
Most gets ill and drops out, others who's parents have money pay for the exames/tests, and with that system you get stupid idiots once they hit the workforce because they know nothing. Everything was payed and done for them.

I take you are from Denmark? by the way lots of valuable information with your post

Who pays for university the state/country or the students?

that's correct, I'm from Denmark... The smallest country that tries hard to suck up to USA. We've been in every single war with the states the last 20 years. The states says jump, and the danes jump. The states says suck my diidlydoo and they suck.

To answer your question... The students are payed to study. How much is depending on whether they live at home or by themselves.
The distribution of grades however is a business of its own.
We have graduates setting up businesses doing the students exames.
The colleges sending out bills to the parents, as was I, and the more you pay the higher grades your kid gets.
In fact, as my daughter told me, they don't even have to open up a book due to that pay or suffer system sending out bills to the parents. It's outrageous.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 08:41 PM
Edited by VonSchulten on Fri 05/11/18 08:43 PM

laugh

In which alternate reality,
was the economy booming
during the previous administration?

the same reality where Trump did "more" in his first 15 months than Obama did in eight years probably

'booming' is up for debate, but 'improved' is not ...

Again, I agree with msharmony.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 08:40 PM

There is a need for an education in civics as well as finance. That means understanding but not indoctrination. Unfortunately, our education system seems to be populated by educators with a certain political bias.

The real problem is that people and especially children are a product of their environment and experiences. When that environment and experiences are vastly different for different students, you will get this vastly different split in society. You don't know what someone else's life is like until you walk in their shoes. What we really need is "life in America" classwork to bring different life situations to students.

I will agree to that.
I do know too that here in Denmark the educational system are drained to the extend that it's children teaching children, meaning that the teachers are not even teachers but just a couple of years older and they are more interested in being popular than act as authorities. They simply doesn't have the skillset, and are to weak mentally to take on a class.
That even counts for educated teachers. Mentally weak, afraid of being made fools of by the "Ins."
It sounds ridiculous but that is what is going on.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 08:30 PM
Edited by VonSchulten on Fri 05/11/18 08:32 PM
My daughter is now working in one of the worlds biggest construction companies as an civil engineer and the stupidity she encounters are flappergasting to the extend that even a monkey would know better.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 08:25 PM

VonSchulten

nothing is obvious anymore, I agree society should be responsible for training good teachers but society and lets talk about American Society , the politicians and unions have done a poor job with the education system.

Prior to the federal government getting into the education business, it was the states and municipalities responsibilities for education.

And people were educated and then all of a sudden in the 1960's things changed after the LBJ great society crap and a decade later the department of education was set up and Jimmy Carter pouring billions of dollars into the department of education and look what we have now?

Each generation is dumber than the previous generation for the first time in history.

If you think Im kidding look up the PISA test and what place America is in?

Did you know in China students spend 205 days in school in America its 170 days.

and you wonder why kids in China do well on tests?

I do not disagree. In my country, even off topic, but brought forward as an example, they ask more and more from the students. It's a full time work to even attend the public schools and still they get dumber and dumber with 8 hours of forced studying.
Look at the Finnish model, which is, and has been concidered as the best in the world for a decade now, they use very little time at studies but still comes out on a considerably higher skill level.
I know the educational system in Denmark as to stressing the students more and more due to having a daughter studying the last 19 years and I must say that more hours is not always the answer to better knowledge because a mind can only hold and learn so much.
Most gets ill and drops out, others who's parents have money pay for the exames/tests, and with that system you get stupid idiots once they hit the workforce because they know nothing. Everything was payed and done for them.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 08:10 PM

Trump is doing better than the ho-hum slow growth economic agenda Obama presided over. .

Huh?

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 08:09 PM

Do both of you seriously think that Trump is good for your country?
Have you ever been abroad?

The dude is a laughing stock all over the world and the states has and will lose all credibility and power with him in office for to long.

Facts, not fake news!
yea I think he's done for for this country in his short time in office than all of Obamas eight years. The economy, the military, the illegal immigrant problem, the return of political prisoners , the potential for a nuc-free n. Korea . All good things. If that's the sign of a laughing stock than I'm laughing to. Trump for 2020, u betcha.

how silly. the economy was approaching a depression when Obama took office, jobs went from hemorrhage to job growth, the deficit came down, the DOW went up, unemployment came down, two wars were ended, the auto industry was saved, Wall street was saved, illegal immigrants decreased, millions more people gained health insurance, and ten political prisoners were released during his administration. How does anyone add all that up and come with Trump having done more 'for this country' in his first year and a half, and only half a year of actual fiscal impact from his own policies?

That's right! I totally agree because that's the truth.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 08:07 PM

Do both of you seriously think that Trump is good for your country?
Have you ever been abroad?

The dude is a laughing stock all over the world and the states has and will lose all credibility and power with him in office for to long.

Facts, not fake news!
yea I think he's done for for this country in his short time in office than all of Obamas eight years. The economy, the military, the illegal immigrant problem, the return of political prisoners , the potential for a nuc-free n. Korea . All good things. If that's the sign of a laughing stock than I'm laughing to. Trump for 2020, u betcha.

The economy was already on the rise, he's just harvesting the obvious of the former government. He has left the cabinet/administration in a mess and that will continue. 6-7 years more with him as president will, unfortunately degrade the states influence in the world I'm afraid.
the economy was at a trickle like an old man with a bad prostate. When trump removed the crippling restrictions Obama put on American business , that's when the economy took off, unemployment down. People keeping more of their money. As far as his cabinet , he's brining in and shuffling out people to get the job done that he promised the people he would do. That's better than the ho-hum slow growth economic agenda Obama presided over. .

Obama was handed a country in total misery. Why is it so hard for you to see that fact?
Because now it's back on track and let's forget the truth and reason.
Let's just slam Obama for everything he did.
Just for the sake of him being Obama, nothing else.... Or what?

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 08:01 PM

nice job of pushing this topic off the rails you 2.
it has zilch to do with the us constitution or our sorely abused separation of church and state.

Not to bring it even more off topic..biggrin
no kidding uh.

Yes this is about Canada's quebec province bill , not the US church and separation.

I believe what Quebec is doing is the right thing for them and hopefully the rest of the non muslim world will follow.

Its not a slight against Islam and you have the right to practice whatever religion you choose but public safety is paramount and while the majority of women wearing hijab are honorable you will get those who are not will take advantage like and I know this is off topic, its like the criminals and mentally unstable who uses guns to commit crime and the society wants to push law abiding gun owners because of the criminals and mental unstable committing crimes.

I agree.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 07:59 PM

and this President will leave the debt even more hugely ... lol

That's right.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 07:57 PM

VonSchulten

I didn't say Trump was the reason for the summit, I said I hope Trump's ego doesn't get in the way because he wants the credit and I hope he is smart enough not to get duped by the little porky dictator like how he duped Obama, and how his Father Kim Jong Il duped Obama, Bush and Clinton.

I did say that in one year in office Trump and Jung un managed to get a meeting vs 8 years of Obama's reign.

I sure hope you're right, but we both know that he will take the credit if things goes right.
That was exactly what pissed Kim off some days ago concerning Trump taking the credit for the summit to start with.
People forget that at the exact time during Trump's worst rhetorics against Kim, was the exact same time that he shot off more and more missiles. the more Trump belittled him the more missiles he launched, only to get him so far as to having achieved reaching mainland US.
Would NK and Kim have escalated the program to those extremes and reached that far in such a short time span if Trump didn't use that rhetorics?
I don't really think so.

VonSchulten's photo
Fri 05/11/18 07:46 PM
Probably because we get old and with time looks like crap... In our own mind more so than in others.
I for one, think that I look better in the mirror than on a picture. For whatever reason I have no idea.
I did try to take a picture in front of a mirror to frame it right and to my surprise the picture I saw on my camera prior to taking the picture, compared to what I saw in the mirror was shocking...Hahaha
I looked like a monkey when looking at my phone. Colours and everything were totally different.
I still wonder why that is so....laugh

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next