Community > Posts By > MsJennifer

MsJennifer's photo
Thu 10/11/07 06:53 PM
Taking a piranha out of the river and setting him in a fish tank won't make him any less likely to bite your finger off. :wink: In other words, men online are going to be just like men on the street... you don't blame the street for the man who catcalls you on the construction site or the aggressive driver that flips you off, do you?

The hard reality of this site and any other is that you'll get out of it what you put into it... with a side helping of crap because that's how LIFE works. If you're not getting many replies or emails, maybe think about changing your profile. Sometimes a small change in the wording or the photos will increase traffic. I've noticed that when I change my picture I get responses from many of the same people I heard from before (didn't recognize me???), but also from new people who maybe didn't connect visually with the other picture very well.

Give it a little time. Mingle2 was great, but the mastermind behind that site is here at JSH and ready to work with his new teammates to deliver an awesome experience for you. Keep giving CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and posting concerns. This will help them to make adjustments when necessary and feasible. Oh, and don't hesitate to block someone. If someone is being aggressive with you, the best thing to do is ignore them. As happens in real life, the person will get bored if you fail to respond.

Fighting online is like yelling into a well... what's the point?