lonedreamphilosopher's photo
Mon 05/12/08 08:37 PM
drinker flowerforyou
Usually the best writing comes from within. I should know; I do a lot of it.

Thu 12/13/07 02:45 PM
Yeah I wonder sometimes too. Manners are one of many good reasons that someone may not continue to chat with another person. It's all in the WAY things are said. All this "Oh, s/he said that, but really means this" just makes manners in our words that much harder.
I know this may sound like I'm one of those on the other side, but don't we all end up there one point in our lives, if not at least once?:
I have been emailing a good person on this sight. He initiated the thread. I replied, and we continued to the point of IMing. He was so concerned about himself, and he was asking all these odd (to say the least) questions. I pointed it out to him, and he said he'll try and stop it. In the very next IM session, he did his usual, so I just stopped talking to him.
I know it was not good manners from me, but what could I do, he refused to listen to me at all. So, even though I have been on the other side, this one time, I am still curious myself.

Hope this helps YOUR CURIOSITY.

Tue 12/04/07 05:25 PM
Edited by lonedreamphilosopher on Tue 12/04/07 05:26 PM
Wow! Great post, tonia25. Sounds like I missed a lot of good things growing up. My father is italian, but my mother is polish. My father's father passed away when I was little, so I only knew him a very short whilesad . Thus, I grew up polish with my mother, her mother, and my two sisters. I can't complain, but I would have liked it if I knew my other half as well as my polish half.

Mon 11/19/07 12:23 PM
Thanksgiving, my favorite time of year, and not because it's my birthday too. WAIT... who am I kidding? of course my birthday is part of the reason! The other part is because I get to see the rest of the family that's still left. Dinner's at my house, but Mum and Gram insist they do all the cooking, but me and my little sis are allowed to make the dessert: cookies and a new chocolate pie recipe (I think it's called German Chocolate Pecan Pie). YUM! Other than that, just the usual Polish Thanksgiving: the turkey (poor feathered friend:cry: long story lol), gravy, mashed potatoes, my aunt's pumpkin roll, greenbean casserole (yum), city chicken, cold ham (may be left out this year since my fam is deteriating), red-beat eggs or deviled eggs, and some other small thing I usually don't eat (and can't remember).
3 days left! can't wait. HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone. drinker

Mon 11/05/07 03:12 PM
Tex, you have a lot to catch up on. Good luck.

Mon 11/05/07 03:11 PM
definately a fan!
PS check online at cwtv.com . They may have the full episodes of season 3 running.