Artysister's photo
Sat 10/27/07 05:59 AM
tug- boat

Artysister's photo
Sat 10/27/07 05:55 AM
Zabra

Artysister's photo
Sat 10/27/07 05:49 AM
New here but thought I'd toss a few words in. Married a guy who was perfect for me. Stuck together for 25 years until he died. He'd been married before and they were not perfect for each other. The big thing is DON'T SETTLE. It might take time to find the guy that will not only love the mother but embrace the child (ren). We all have to "grow into" our relationships. Sometimes what seems perfect at first fizzles out and what seems like a nice friendship grows into more.
I know some pretty great guys who have dated single moms and adopted their kids. They took the time to learn to be a couple within a family.
Instead of focusing on whether they would want you with your child, maybe focus on whether you like them, what you like about them, etc. They'll feel that and look at you through the glass half full rather than half empty.

Artysister's photo
Sun 10/14/07 01:35 PM
With so many who write poetry I thought perhaps you'd like to participate in a JSH original and create one together. Each person can add up to two lines. Each new writer must tie their words to the evolving theme through the prior writers. I'll start and hopefully the rest of you will jump in...

The day is bright with promise
well beyond the dawn

Here's where you jump in. I'm excited to see where it goes. L.

Artysister's photo
Sun 10/14/07 12:30 PM
The gentle dance
aroused sublime
begins with silk
within the mind.

Artysister's photo
Sun 10/14/07 11:13 AM
It was sad.

Artysister's photo
Sat 10/13/07 08:32 PM
I was married for 25 years when my husband died. Happily and successfully I might add. I've known others who lost their spouse and were content to remain alone. Others might think that was because their grief was so deep, when in fact some of them didn't have a very good marriage and were relieved to be left alone. I liked my relationship with my husband and would like to find as good a fit once again. I just know how good it can be. Originally I wanted to find someone to go dancing with, but now find I'd appreciate more than that. I don't know how to do that either! Dating? Who ever thought they'd be dating in their 50's? Not only are the general dating expectations different, age and life experience changes the situation too. It's difficult to figure out. If you get any insights, I'd really appreciate them too!