Community > Posts By > kawilady

kawilady's photo
Sat 11/20/10 07:30 AM
I am in Orlando but too old for all of you. All the men my age live too far away. Guess they moved to the coast to live on their expensive boats where they claim they can cook, serve fine wine, dance the night away and treat a lady like a "queen". LOL.
If they were THAT good they wouldn't be on these sites!

kawilady's photo
Sat 11/20/10 07:22 AM
I have been on here for a few months myself and even though I get messages and lots of profile 'looks', nothing ever comes of it. I am also on Plenty of Fish and have more responses there than here.
Still, no dates. Orlando is a strange town and it's always been like that. People run with their own little circles and 'clicks' and it's hard for outsiders to make friends.
It's especially difficult for women my age: 56. Seems like men want younger ladies because they look better.
What is surprising to me and I found this out when I joined these sites is, a lot of men my age and older are raising young children and it's because they married younger women who wanted a family. Some of the women got tired of their older husbands so they left them for men in their own age group, leaving the kids with the dad.
I can't tell you how many profiles I have seen where the guy is raising his kids.
The men are looking for a lady to help them. I tell them that I have already raised my kids and don't want to do it again. It was tough enough the first time around!! lol.

I really don't know what the answer is to meeting anyone. It's more difficult for me because I don't drink or hang out in bars and clubs. Those days are gone. I'm not going to start going to the Moose club or VFW!! Not going to play bingo either.

kawilady's photo
Wed 11/03/10 05:29 AM
Here is what I have been finding on this site and others like it. I am amazed at how many men in my age group 50-60 are raising their young children alone. This is because they married younger women.
Now, who knows WHY they married younger women and I'm sure it's because of various reasons but now look what they are having to deal with.
The men who have custody of their kids are looking for women who will accept their children (of course) and obviously, help raise them.
My two kids are adults. Personally, I am not interested in raising kids. I am 56 years old and those days of raising kids are gone.

If these guys married younger women because they wanted a 'trophy' wife, it back fired on them. Their young brides left them for men their own ages. Go figure.

I feel that no matter how old a guy gets, he will always desire a young, beautiful woman. It's only natural. Personally, I have no interest in younger men. My own son is 37 and I couldn't see myself getting involved with someone his age or even in their forties.
On the flip side, I am not interested in men who are older than me because I'm just not attracted to them especially when they look like my dead grandfather!
To be quite honest, I am really tired of these sites. I am tired of reading profiles that say they are looking for their "soul mate" or they are ready to get married. I'm also tired of getting messages from men who don't know how to use spell check nor do they post a photo.
I just don't know what the answer is other than to just leave all of this alone and if it's meant for me to meet someone, it will happen.