Community > Posts By > OuttaPractice

OuttaPractice's photo
Sun 01/28/18 03:05 PM

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I have some advice to all the men out there who might be wondering why they don't get a response for the women they message. 1. Give your marital status. If you don't the woman will probably assume that your either married or separated and believe it or not, most women to looking to meet someone online don't want to date men who are married or separated. 2. List your interests. Saying I'll tell you later says you either don't have any interests, you don't want to mention them or you can't take the time to list them. Listing your interests will give the woman something to talk about if she wants to have a conversation with you. 3 Don't just say Hi. I know it's hard to put your self out there, but look at the woman's interests and ask her a question. If she says she likes to travel in her profile, ask her if she's done any traveling lately etc. Just saying hi makes it very difficult for either of you to start any sort of conversation. And this is just my pet peeve - you've never met me so do not call me sweetie or honey I can't think of a bigger turn off - plus it sounds really condescending. Thanks for listening.

Hear, hear!! Yes, THIS!

OuttaPractice's photo
Sun 01/28/18 02:30 PM

I love dating SSBBW but most do not respond or wants to date.
Why are they shy when they are better looking and sexy. Taking them for a walk and outing during the day is my goal but most do not respond.

Speaking as one of the SSBBWs, I think we get used to being made fun of, of being depersonalized. So when someone does think we're attractive, it can be hard to believe they are sincere. We're all like, "OK, where's the punchline?" because it's what we've gotten used to. At least that's my experience, your mileage may vary. :)

OuttaPractice's photo
Sun 01/14/18 05:46 PM
Hi. I don't have any advice, just piggy-backing onto your post. :) It's been 30 years since I dated, and I barely did then. It's a new world out here, and, well, WOW.