Community > Posts By > hlc12054

hlc12054's photo
Sat 09/29/07 02:56 PM
It's not a factor, for the most part. My ex-boyfriend is half black/half white - I've dated most ethnicities, and have found that I prefer either white, black or a combination of the two. That's just my choice.

hlc12054's photo
Sat 09/29/07 02:53 PM
Welcome, and hope you have better luck than I've had.

hlc12054's photo
Sun 09/16/07 04:00 PM
And Hennery...no wonder. Your pictures? A rose, a tractor/earthmover, and some guy from the 1950s? Come on, man! And the wording in your profile? So negative! And you wonder why?

hlc12054's photo
Sun 09/16/07 03:55 PM
I believe that way too many people are coming on here and not doing any work at all -- i.e. they sit and wait for responses...and they wait...and they wait...then they're disgusted and hurt and confused, really, when they don't get immediate responses. When they're not absolutely BOMBARDED with people who want them immediately. I'm really sorry, but life just doesn't work like that. How I personally look at it is throwing my line into the water, making sure that it's properly baited, and walking away and doing other things. I have a life, a really busy one, and if nothing happens -- oh, well!!! I happen to really like these forums - maybe more than the "possibilities". You go about your business and if something happens, it happens. If it doesn't, you move on. Life's too short to sit around feeling sorry for yourself and wondering why...

hlc12054's photo
Fri 09/14/07 05:30 PM
They're my favorite band. I just haven't been online. My favorite two RHCP songs just off the top of my head are "This Velvet Glove" and "Dani California". Oh, and last night on my second job I heard this (and it's been a few months, because they used to play the crap out of this on the radio!):

Tell me baby what's your story
Where you come from
And where you wanna go this time
Tell me lover are you lonely
The thing we need is
Never all that hard to find
Tell me baby what's your story
Where do you come from
And where you wanna go this time
Your so lovely are you lonely
Giving up on the innocence you left behind

hlc12054's photo
Fri 09/07/07 08:21 AM
Sometimes, when they're overly tired, they act hyper. My daughter always did; it was weird to witness. I was like "Lay down! Lay down!" and when she hit those sheets she was GONE.

hlc12054's photo
Fri 09/07/07 08:17 AM
I'm actually making a London Broil in the crockpot today. I cannot think of a simpler recipe that tastes so good. Take a London Broil that's about 2 or 2 and a half lbs. Take 3 tablespoons of flour, a half teaspoon of paprika and a quarter teaspoon of pepper and mix that in a pie pan or something. Take the London Broil and put that flour mixture all over it. Throw it in the crockpot. Then take a medium bowl and take a can of cream of mushroom soup and also a can of tomato soup. Mix them together. If you have actual mushrooms, throw those in with the soups too. If you like onions, which I don't, throw that onion soup mix, an envelope of it, in that bowl too. Mix it all up. Then pour it on top of the London Broil and come back in 8 hours.

hlc12054's photo
Fri 09/07/07 08:11 AM
Born and raised in Philly (Northeast) but moved to South Jersey 20 years ago. The closer they live to me, the richer, more ignorant and snottier they are...nothing like Philly people. We know who we are, and we represent!! We absolutely keep it real. You can take the girl out of Philly...

hlc12054's photo
Fri 09/07/07 07:57 AM
Welcome Bev -- You're adorable! (I don't mean that in a gay way lol)

hlc12054's photo
Thu 09/06/07 07:56 AM
*NEWSFLASH* The reason why it's a losing battle is because 99% of parents ARE smarter than their teenagers! I thought I was smarter than mine, and my teenager thinks (sometimes, but not all the time these days) that she's smarter than me. Then she's shocked that I'm right EACH and EVERY time.

Gee, can you imagine? Yes, we make mistakes, but for the most part, we ARE smarter. I mean, there are a lot of knucklehead parents out there, but basically, it just is what it is. You must accept that!

hlc12054's photo
Mon 09/03/07 04:49 PM
I second that - welcome to you.

hlc12054's photo
Mon 09/03/07 01:24 PM
Lori - you were just going through a time. They're like so not worth it. DO you know that my daughter's bf calls her 50,000 times a day? Actually they call each OTHER 50,000 times a day! I've got the cell phone bill to prove it!

You move on and you move forward. Hell with him. There's obviously something wrong with him.

hlc12054's photo
Mon 09/03/07 01:20 PM
I was living with someone for a long time (6 years) back in the 90s. Whenever anything didn't go his way in the relationship, or he felt "bored", he cheated. I always found out. How stupid was I??? I look back and shake my head. But of course you always think they'll "come to their senses" and "realize you're the one". What a nightmare, and the one and only time I had a relationship like that. I knew and accepted that it was truly over when he walked in with hickies on his neck (hickies!! 40 years old! Are we in junior high??). I made arrangements and got my own apartment. That was TEN years ago and although I let go emotionally, I wouldn't p on him if I saw him on the street. Actually, I think I would. My divorce was 10,000 times easier than that breakup!

hlc12054's photo
Mon 09/03/07 01:02 PM
I finally took the step to do this. I haven't even spoken to a man in 6 months, and now I'm joining this site. I did join another site, and unfortunately one guy sent me a picture I did NOT want to see. You can guess. So I'm hoping THAT doesn't happen again. I'm no prude, but I'm a little mature for that kind of childish stuff.

Here's to maturity of all types (although I do like the younger fellas sometimes, I do admit!).