Community > Posts By > Wheelzup

Wheelzup's photo
Sat 09/25/10 10:06 AM
Sure it works, even for those with disabilities. I've met several very nice women but so far none where there was any real spark or chemistry.

Wheelzup's photo
Sun 08/29/10 07:29 PM
Despite the heat I've been out on Lake Erie a few times. The two most recent trips we targeted yellow perch and limited out both trips. There were enough anglers on one of the headboats that run out of Port Clinton, Ohio that we could keep up to 600 perch, we took 580 and ran out of bait. The perch were mostly 7 to 9 inches but very thick bodied. Many were spitting shiners out of their mouths as they were brought into the boat. We also took several jumbos that were pushing 13 inches. Walleye had been hitting the day before but we didn't get any.

I have also been to a local private pond and caught several bluegills that were all over 10 inches, now those were great eating and on light tackle great fun to catch.

We hope the weather will let us get our boat a 20' Grady White 3 or 4 times in September before the harvest get started.:thumbsup:

Wheelzup's photo
Wed 07/14/10 12:07 PM
Edited by Wheelzup on Wed 07/14/10 12:08 PM

My best friend is paraplegic. He is on another dating site and women won't give him the time of day when they find out he is wheelchair bound. He is very good looking, has a good job, owns his own home and is very self-sufficient.

I have had the very same thing happen to me. There have been a few that tried to see past the chair but others tell them they can do better, at least that's what two told me. In that case they caved in to peer pressure. Stereotypes are hard to break, but after 30 years in a chair I keep trying. My life is full just like everyone else and I'd love to share it with someone special. I just have do it sitting down.

Wheelzup's photo
Tue 07/13/10 01:52 PM
Here's a simple question for both men and women. Would you go on a date with a guy or gal who is wheelchair bound due to some sort of disability?

Wheelzup's photo
Mon 07/12/10 01:50 PM
Ohio here as well except in the area most consider the flatland's of corn, soybeans, and wheat.:banana:

Wheelzup's photo
Mon 07/12/10 01:45 PM
I can honestly say that I always sit, then again I don't have much choice.whoa though I do sometimes wish otherwise.

Wheelzup's photo
Mon 07/12/10 09:42 AM
Porcello did look pretty good in his first start with the Mud Hens 0 runs in 7 innings. I don't think Lee would have been the right guy for Detroit way to high an asking price. There are two that make sense Oswalt in Houston and Haren in Arizona, both have a couple of years on their contracts. With the Tigers being able to unload some huge contracts after this season they should be in good shape when it comes to free agents.

If Bonderman would get more run support he'd probably be over .500 since he has pitched well this season and he hasn't shown any signs of his past arm and shoulder problems.

The Whitesox loosing Peavy might force them to make some sort of move and soon. They have to be one if not the streakiest teams in baseball and that could carry them past the Twins and Tigers. Only time will tell.

Wheelzup's photo
Sun 07/11/10 10:21 PM
Tigers all the way but get Verlander some help and get Cabrera out of the home run derby, he'll mess up his swing.

Wheelzup's photo
Sun 07/11/10 10:11 PM
Stereotypes plain and simple. shades

Wheelzup's photo
Sun 07/11/10 10:23 AM
I was raised on a farm and we did all we could to save our animals, then again if we didn't try it was money out the window. Not sure what a bear would be good for other than a replacement guard dog. I think I'd call the DNR depending on where you are.

I'm on a waiting list for an assistance dog, does that count as far as being an animal lover?

Wheelzup's photo
Sat 07/10/10 12:08 PM
I changed the photo even though it's not the greatest.

Wheelzup's photo
Fri 07/09/10 03:46 PM
Ok all,
Tell me like it is I'm not afraid of constructive criticism.

Wheelzup's photo
Wed 06/23/10 12:32 PM

:smile: I noticed on your site you said... we could inquire about scammers?? are they the same as trolls? have a good evening..

Hi...I will email you regarding this. Please know you can report scammers from the profiles (to the right of the main picture) or by emails/IMs

What is the best way to spot a scam type profile? It looks like I get a lot of them. Some are easy to spot as you can tell that they haven't really read your profile by the way their note is written.

BTW I haven't been here long...hello everyone!!

Wheelzup's photo
Sun 05/23/10 08:24 PM
TxsGal I don't know just how much you know about spinal cord injuries and in reality they are all different even if they are at the same level. Mine was damaged at the C5-C6 level which is just about in the neck as you go down from the very top of your spine. Mine is considered incomplete in fact about the only injuries that are complete were caused by a gunshot or knifing.

You were correct about the sex but it's quite possible and can be very good. I have access to tapes and books about sexuality and cord injuries and with every woman that has asked I've been very open about it. The only real difference is that some positions are not physically possible but many are. It's one of those things that a couple has to experiment to find out what works. I did learn that most are worried about injuring me more and since they usually have to take what most consider the dominate position makes them leery and that it leaves me feeling less of a man which is far from the truth. One that did care quite a bit for me confessed that in all her years she had never been in that position. On sites like this one many are upfront and ask if I'm capable of sex and my answer is always yes. In fact my physical therapist stress to us that the brain is actually the largest sexual organ in the human body. She also stressed that there's always oral sex if one is having a bad day. I've probably written a little too much information here but it is hard to explain in just a few words.

Wheelzup's photo
Sun 05/23/10 10:36 AM
That's funny Dan I pretty much live the same way. I grew up on a farm and had just finished going to college for farm management when I had a freak diving type of accident where I never hit the bottom of the lake, I was trying to change direction in midair so I wouldn't land on my youngest sister, she just popped up out of nowhere. As soon as I hit the water I felt something in my neck pop and in the blink of an eye completely paralyzed. I could see my arms out in front of me and even feel my legs, they just didn't want to move. It was the third day in ICU before I began moving anything. First my right shoulder then the arm and then my left side started coming back in the same manner. I was so weak that if I wanted a drink or had an itch I had to ask for someone to get it for me. The nurse told me that the swelling of my spinal cord was causing the problem and I did lose the use of everything from my upper chest on down. I still have sensation from head to toe but it varies from one place to another. It was determined to be a compression fracture of the C5-C6 vertebra in my neck where the damage was done.

I have come to accept the man I have become and actually very happy. Given the chance I have much to offer and once someone learns what my limitations are they would be in for a big surprise about what I can do and even now so many years post injury still willing to try and learn new things. My body may not work as it once did but I've managed to figure out ways around those limits.

Being alone is no big deal since working on the farm I was alone with my thoughts as I worked out in the fields every day during the spring and fall. I loved to see things come alive in the spring knowing that in time things would change as the seasons changed. Only now my body has changed but that's ok I can handle that. My only wish is that just one special woman would realize that and see that I am indeed a complete man.

Wheelzup's photo
Sun 05/23/10 10:12 AM

Humor always puts women at ease.

No shortage of humor here, if anything I tend to use it as a way to put people I've just met at ease. As my nurse puts it I can talk to anyone no matter what age, gender, or class they may be a part of. Since my injury I've been much more open about who I am and probably do things I never ever would have dreamed of doing before my injury.

Wheelzup's photo
Sat 05/22/10 10:29 PM
Needless to say I have a major disability, a spinal cord injury that happened nearly 30 years ago. I'm considered a quad but still have some use of my arms and very limited use of my hands. I have managed to stay healthy and still do many of the same things I did before my injury. I've adapted very well and have what most would consider a normal life except when it comes to women. It seems like every time a relationship starts getting serious they tend to back away never to be heard from again. The few that still talk to me dodge my questions as to why they all seem to shy away. I explain my injury and they seem to be satisfied with what I can explain to them in pretty simple terms and they even tell me my disability has no bearing on how they see me.

My question is a simple one, what can I do to make them feel at ease and to communicate with them in a better fashion, for lack of a better way to put it. I try not to get frustrated and keep looking. So what's a guy to do?