Community > Posts By > deepblue242

deepblue242's photo
Thu 12/23/10 10:40 PM
Oh yeah, DON'T GET BENT!

Going to Belize in December.... It's on my bucket list!

Scuba the black hole... I can hardly believe it's booked

John111,

I'm a Scuba instructor that just left Andros island in the Bahamas. They have the most amount of blue holes per square mile in the world. I'm on my way To Cancun next month. You'll enjoy Belize's reef system. It's the 2nd largest in the world (#1 Great Barrier, #2 off Belize #3 off the Bahamas). Please don't dive in a black hole unless your with Nasa...and even then that'd be a little crazy. Have fun, dive safe, and bring your mosquito repellent.

deepblue242's photo
Thu 12/23/10 10:33 PM
Just left the sharky waters of the Bahamas after 2 1/2 years, and now on the way to Cancun for at least 6 months. Sooooo stoked....

deepblue242's photo
Thu 12/23/10 10:32 PM

Going to Belize in December.... It's on my bucket list!

Scuba the black hole... I can hardly believe it's booked

John111,

I'm a Scuba instructor that just left Andros island in the Bahamas. They have the most amount of blue holes per square mile in the world. I'm on my way To Cancun next month. You'll enjoy Belize's reef system. It's the 2nd largest in the world (#1 Great Barrier, #2 off Belize #3 off the Bahamas). Please don't dive in a black hole unless your with Nasa...and even then that'd be a little crazy. Have fun, dive safe, and bring your mosquito repellent.

deepblue242's photo
Thu 12/23/10 06:24 PM
Lived in Mexico, Just left the Bahamas (Andros island) after living there for 2 1/2 years, and now I'm moving to another part of Mexico (Cancun) on January 8th. The best part, I get paid to SCUBA dive. 6 months in Cancun, then I'm off to Australia or Indonesia. Both are places I've always wanted to visit.

deepblue242's photo
Wed 12/22/10 05:12 PM
Scuba diving.

deepblue242's photo
Wed 12/22/10 01:14 PM
I'm the true definition of a Gemini. I'm as two faced as they come. Happy one minute, then amped a second later. Bi Polar, defintiely not. Everything I do gets pushed to its limit. I guess I'm a "Glass half empty" type of guy, always seeing room for improvement. Everything is full throttle, or no throttle.

deepblue242's photo
Wed 12/22/10 10:21 AM
Merry Christmas, and a happy new year.

deepblue242's photo
Tue 12/21/10 11:29 AM

I do like to listen, but I need to learn to step up, and speak up. It's not that I have nothing to say, its a matter of putting it out there. To voice my opinions and thoughts, to share them, rather than bottle them. It may seem like a small issue to those on this site, but it has caused some serious strain in my personal life. It sucks losing somebody because you failed to open up in their opinion. I need to figure out what I have to offer, and how to properly present these qualities.

Thanks for listening and being involved.

If I am getting you right, then I think there is nothing to do, but do it. I can't say I had a similar issue, but I did think at one time that it was difficult talking about difficult stuff (damn I should have been a scientist with that reasoningslaphead ). Anyway, to try to cut myself short, what I did was this: I'd ease my way into it, except it was rather awkward.

It could go something like...

Me: I want to say something.
Person: yes.
Me: Well there is something I've been thinking about.
etc etc

My point is, when you do open your mouth, don't think it should all come out neat and ordered like it is in your head, don't try to get it all out. Start small, one word at the time. Remember, use pauses, they are great for people to think about what you say, and for you to think about what to say next.
Don't be afraid to say, scratch that, I didn't mean it, or any such thing.

My guess is you're like to do things right and the first time too, but talking just isn't like that, at least not before after a lot of practice and still it's a game of cards to make it hit the spot. But that's not what's it is about. Just do it, a little bit at the time, and that will slowly get you used to it. It's like getting used to cold water, in the beginning you think your nuts are gonna fall off, but if you keep moving eventually it'll actually feel okay.

And don't mind rambling. I just did this post to prove that point...

drinker

Thanks for the advice. good stuff.

deepblue242's photo
Mon 12/20/10 10:47 PM
sugar

deepblue242's photo
Mon 12/20/10 10:34 PM
I do like to listen, but I need to learn to step up, and speak up. It's not that I have nothing to say, its a matter of putting it out there. To voice my opinions and thoughts, to share them, rather than bottle them. It may seem like a small issue to those on this site, but it has caused some serious strain in my personal life. It sucks losing somebody because you failed to open up in their opinion. I need to figure out what I have to offer, and how to properly present these qualities.

Thanks for listening and being involved.

Lately I've been told that I'm closed minded and need to open up to others. I've always been a better listener, and never liked talking about myself. It's not from a lack of confidence - I just don't like being in the spotlight. Matter of fact this dilemma has cost me 2 relationships. I'm just a quiet guy, a thinker, and being reserved has done me no good.

Any help for me?

Thanks....

Yes...be you. If you are a quiet person who chooses to listen, and think deeply, so be it....and leave the superficial judgemental so and so's to their own direction...they are not you.

You are.

...and by being you, it 'cost' you two relationships?....what did these people think they were getting?...a shallow flippant gregarious superficial chatterbox?

Their loss...and your gain...you have got out from under two not-right-for-you-relationships with a portion of your sanity intact...well done!

Enjoy the time of solitude...embrace the time to learn you, to be you, and to appreciate your uniqueness.

deepblue242's photo
Mon 12/20/10 07:28 PM
Lately I've been told that I'm closed minded and need to open up to others. I've always been a better listener, and never liked talking about myself. It's not from a lack of confidence - I just don't like being in the spotlight. Matter of fact this dilemma has cost me 2 relationships. I'm just a quiet guy, a thinker, and being reserved has done me no good.

Any help for me?

Thanks....

deepblue242's photo
Mon 12/20/10 07:21 PM
Motivated, unstoppable, aggressive, creative, shy

deepblue242's photo
Mon 12/20/10 04:58 PM
Make your way down to Cancun and I'd show you a good time. If you're going to be a police officer, you could handcuff me anytime ;)

deepblue242's photo
Sun 12/19/10 02:41 PM

You are very cute... Don't know why you wouldn't have the girls going crazy over you..=)

Well thank you very much. I guess I just need to get out there, and open myself up a little more.

deepblue242's photo
Fri 12/17/10 09:46 PM

Funny guy with cute dimples? How could any sane person resist that charming combo?

Funny? Funny how? Funny looking? - Just kidding, thanks for viewing my thread.

deepblue242's photo
Fri 12/10/10 08:18 PM
Bob Marley

Guava Jelly

The best...

deepblue242's photo
Fri 12/10/10 01:50 PM
Sorry fellas, I'm straight, don't swing that way...

deepblue242's photo
Fri 12/10/10 12:53 PM
Thank you.

deepblue242's photo
Fri 12/10/10 12:34 PM
Need some ratings please. Any suggestions? I'm not getting many responses.

And the title was meant as a joke..Don't take it seriously...

deepblue242's photo
Thu 12/09/10 10:01 PM
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

I live by this. So far its taken me all over the Caribbean, and 237 feet below sea level. So much more to do...

Previous 1