Community > Posts By > mui887

no photo
Mon 10/02/17 09:33 AM
The military is not a place to "set a young guy right". Its great to sere your country but its really not for everyone. Its a tough life and he sounds ike he has a good head on his shoulders, has some movtivation and wants to experience life. I think its great that he wants to give life a chance independently and see how successful he can be and give it a shot. You can still save money in the military but man is it tough moving all the time and hard to raise a family. Most guys I know get out and 8-9 years because they want something more instead of being told what to do all the time.

I did serve with guys that where older who took a shot and used the military as a last resort instead of facing prison or begging on the street, but thats not the right reason to join the military. Is just looking for 3 hots and a cot. I usually recommend it to young people, but I will not if the guy is smart and motivated. They did raise the cut off age so he can always do it later if he wants.

If he really wanted to go in the military I would suggest going to college and entering as an officer and not be a grunt. Officer life is a bit better, but its still hard on the body and the mind. I looked at many guys that only looked hard and divorced and became boozers.

We just sent a family member off, but this kid did it correct through the academy and hes gonna be just fine since he had family guidance. I have a good friend who got out after a decade and is now in Medical school and married. He has to be the oldest Resident in his class, but the money he is going to make will be amazing in his medical area.

Young people today dont even need college if they are smart with a good head. I wish I was 21. There is tons of money to be made today. These young people today are going to be the highest wage earners, saver, and become the wealthiest this country has ever seen. They are gonna make Baby Boomers look like puppy chow when they retire.

no photo
Mon 10/02/17 06:04 AM
Im finishing Wealth Beyond Wall Street. Not that good of a book and is just a bunch of rehashed garbage most ppl know, plus the publication of the book was about as bad as can be. HA

no photo
Mon 10/02/17 06:02 AM
I only think about one think Monday Morning-Friday closing bell. Money and the markets.

If you dont have money you cant do squat in life.

But I see the Vegas thing is all over the news and is even going to dominate CNBC today.

Hey,,Look at it this way. They cops killed the guy. Hope it was 2 to the chest!

no photo
Mon 10/02/17 05:15 AM
Edited by mui887 on Mon 10/02/17 05:37 AM
@Christianguy,,,Im gonna give you a small hand. I am a Kitco Member. You do not need to join to read us, but if you want help from a bunch of older guys this is a great place for you to go. Its a Canadian Site, but most of us ar from the US. I know many of those guys and who they really are and they know me. Go to the main Kitco site header and hit Gold Forums. Its a place us Metal Heads and Metal Investors hang out, but its for EVERYHING Investing ans we often get young guys like you joining and asking questions. Read first and ask basic questions. There are good ppl on this forum and will help you and give you many opinions to think about and consider. But be careful and DYODD. Some of those guys are full of BS so you have to talk to right people in the forums. There is a guy called Max. Hes a nice guy and will not feed you garbage. Hes a VERY honest and trusting guy. Gary is a good guy also but does not hang out like he did years ago. Ryan is a good guy also.

Ask questions but dont be silly. This is a site for investors and some of these guys are full on serious. Money is nothing to be goofy about with some of these guys. Be careful, there are a few heavy posters that talk BS. Learn who they are and stay away from them. If you JOIN the forum it will open up the "Bar and Grill". These are private areas that only registered members can see and chat in. DONT use the same name you use here. Im there and I wont talk to you so as I am not biased and I dont want you to ask me questions or message me. We have all made mistakes with money. It happens, but your young and can rebound fast if your smart and listen to some of these guys.

You can do it! I know you can! Just be smart with your money!

Added: The site is running vB for the forum. If your on your phone go to the bottom of the forum and put it in Mobi Mode. Some guys post using an App called TapaTalk. Just made sure you set the App up right and dump your phone info if you dont want that stuff on the net. DONT look for a guy called MUI,,,I dont go by that name there so you will not know who I am.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 06:39 PM
DOOM!

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 06:29 PM

Helping the VETERANS with PTSD with housekeeping/ cooking (I would take my small dog- 20lbs, loving, companion to br with them while I do my shore) and finally get them to do participate to do something to get them off their couch...keep them busy, building something, gardening,building a fire pit or a pizza pit
..twice a week I would come visit... to CLEAN up... I'll ask ONCE to go CHURCH,to get that spiritual center and balance in their life...but they are the one whom need to want to make the move, have the desire, seek for GOD!.... successfully they had on their on.... and I do THIS for free!

Thank you for your help. Our VA System is crappolla. I dont use it personally, but I worked for DOVA in a few areas on and off. My best jobs in life was helping my fellow Vets. I was always big on the volunteer thing.

One of my biggest regrets in life was not joining the Peace Corp to help people, but I have done all kinds of stuff in my community.

You seem like a great person. I hope the best for you in life.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 06:22 PM
Not really a hobby I think but I like gaming a lot!

PC or console I dont care.

DOOM Rules!

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 06:06 PM
I added to my last post, but if you missed it.

Baby Stepping will ALWAYS work. Dave Ramsey for a young guy is as solid as can be. I would not lie. I was raised on that concept before it became popular. My whole family lives this way and is what all the kids are taught.

Save everything! Dont buy crap you dont need!

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 05:56 PM
Edited by mui887 on Sun 10/01/17 06:03 PM
The goal of each generation is to make the next generation better!

You can do it, and you dont need to beg for a handout if your smart.

Added: At age 21 the last thing you should care about is the latest gadget or iPhone thingy. The only thing you should care about is watching your bank account grow and diversifying. A small hedge on the side is something all agree with today.

Baby Steps will always work....Dave Ramsey. It works! Trust me!

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 05:51 PM

With 5,000 its easy as pie. I did it with less. It is no different then moving from Buffalo to Albany. Its only a state, and I can see why you may want to leave NY.

Dont let some person who never moved to another state tell you otherwise. But there are certain states I would avoid, and certain ones that are easier to find fast work.

It depends on your health and how motivated you are. At age 21 its a gamble I would take for sure! If you need help you can send me your email and I can help on just the basics and that 5,000 should be enough for a good 5 months if your frugal, but if you jump in fast you will only get maybe 2-3 months depending on how you WANT to live and not WHAT you need to live.

Very easy.

Thankyou very much. Reading this motivates me even more. I remember your posts from my other thread you have been a big help. I'm still figuring all of this out if I run into trouble with managing my money etc I will definitely send you my email. Thankyou.

If you dont understand the markets thats ok, but it WOULD be in your benefit to know basics like M&A's and where the actual growth is. You have to DYODD, ok. Just because Toyota reports is going to invest 20 Billion in plants and expects to create 2,000 jobs you really dont know WHEN the target date is. Its like that oil boom back several years...If you hit the Dakota area at 80K a year average for 5 years and saved you money well when it went bust a guy is ok if smart.

You can do it. I know you can. Look at state job creations on the web. All this junk is at your fingertips today for a young guy. If you really are motivated and have good health just bust your butt and sacrifice from the start. Remember,,,YOU sacrifice now and save everything you can young and be smart with your money. As you age you can relex more over the years. You sacrifice for your your future family to be better than you and your goal should be for that even if your NOT thinking about marriage now....Get it?

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 05:35 PM
BOOM! I know it may sound mean, but I been a prepper for years. Prepping is huge where I live and we seek each other out if the crap hits the fan. I dont care if the zombies come me and a few close to me will be ok. All of my family is military and I was prepping before prepping became a fashion statement with all these stupid prepper commercials on MRE's and scoring gold.

I think Trump needs to drop a few more MOABs not only in the middle east to get us the hell out of that mess, but drop a few on N. Korea to shake things up. Im more curious as to what it will do to the markets.

War has always been a good money maker and Im not trying to be nasty. I like recessions also. The heck with people who cant take a lousy $20 a month and buy metal. Heck,,,Today you dont even need 950 to buy Amazon stock. You can buy fractional stock on the exchange just as fast and easy if you know what your doing.

Stash cash and metal! Know how to use a pistol properly without watching some movie where they all have glocks held sideways. I can pick up any weapon and fire it, break it down and clean it and put it back together fast as heck. Everyone should know how to use a weapon and everyone should have a little stash of money or gold or silver outside of whatever stock they own.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 05:13 PM
Edited by mui887 on Sun 10/01/17 05:14 PM
With 5,000 its easy as pie. I did it with less. It is no different then moving from Buffalo to Albany. Its only a state, and I can see why you may want to leave NY.

Dont let some person who never moved to another state tell you otherwise. But there are certain states I would avoid, and certain ones that are easier to find fast work.

It depends on your health and how motivated you are. At age 21 its a gamble I would take for sure! If you need help you can send me your email and I can help on just the basics and that 5,000 should be enough for a good 5 months if your frugal, but if you jump in fast you will only get maybe 2-3 months depending on how you WANT to live and not WHAT you need to live.

Very easy.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 09:18 AM
Try anything by Talanti. Thats good ice cream! They dont have a bad flavor that I know off and I tried them all.

Its real ice cream,,not like that high fructose fake crap that all markets sell.

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 09:14 AM
I used to play it when it first came out. Get it? I didnt know gals played GTA..Thats an game for older guys, but I think its funny when I go to the game store and see a older mom buying it for a young kid.

After I explain what you can do and what can pop up if you know the game well the store always loses a sale and I generally get a thank you from mom and the kid looks at me like he wants to kill me. hahahaha

no photo
Sun 10/01/17 09:09 AM
Edited by mui887 on Sun 10/01/17 09:22 AM

What's wrong with taking a shower with soap and water. I shampoo my hair, and a guy says, I love the way your hair smells. I wear no perfume and he thinks he can't get enough of me. That's the best compliment.

I just tried to explain that to a woman in an email and she just didnt understand.

But I bet your a Philosophy(thats a type of body wash) person. Your at the right age and have a nice clean american look to you thats just classic to a guy. I bet a million dollars if you showered using Philosophy Grace you would smell awesome!

Thats the brand of body wash I like and Grace has a great scent for a older women and a guy can use it...I use it and I wouldnt use it if it smelled bad. My ex got my hooked on that body wash and its the best smell on the planet for just showering. Its light and creamy and stays with you all day just perfectly.

I would not lie. Go on the wesite and order just a small bottle. You can get a small travel size for only $10 and get enough for 2 showers to give it a try before you buy the regular size for $50.

LOL...$50 seems a bit pricey for soap but its worth every darn penny I tells ya! If your man dont tell you that you smell great after using Grace you better dump him because that soap smells awesome!

Mail me your address and Ill buy you a bottle as a gift just to prove that you would smell awesome using Grace!

no photo
Sat 09/30/17 09:14 PM

no photo
Sat 09/30/17 09:13 PM
Market Manager

no photo
Sat 09/30/17 09:10 PM
hello soul sister.

no photo
Sat 09/30/17 09:08 PM
Xanadu - Rush

no photo