Community > Posts By > spartaken

spartaken's photo
Fri 05/14/10 05:58 AM
Thanks all for your insight, I needed that!
We last talked 11 days ago.

There were other incidents that led me to believe that she was afraid for her friends to know she is dating me.

1. She never introduced me as her bf to her friends here in US.

2. Her parents don't know that I was her bf.

3. When there was ash erruption and her flight was delayed she stayed at my place, but told her parents that she is still in her appts.

4. This is what hurt me the most while she was here. We were walking and holding hands. All of a sudden she starts taking her hand out. I asked her whats up? She told me that her hands were sweating. I said, "I don't care it does not bother me just hold my hand please", and took her hand back(I am gentle so no need to say i forced her, etc.) Few seconds later, despite me telling her its ok that it sweats she takes her hand back. Only then i realize that she saw her indian friends up ahead and did not want them to see us holding hands.

5. she left once before for 3 months and i told her then, if she leaves me again i wont be here waiting for her. She left knowing this full well. Her friend in India was telling her that she shouldn't come back so soon, or that she should give me some sort of committment before she leaves, she didnt say anything.

My family loved her and so did I, but she never once called them when she arrived there.

I am hurt, but i will get over that :)

spartaken's photo
Tue 05/11/10 10:56 PM
Actually, i just realized the real reason. the link to answer is below...
http://marriagepartner.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340

spartaken's photo
Tue 05/11/10 06:42 PM
Hello, I am new here.

Let me start by presenting Nicholas Sparks quote: "If you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her---then don't let her go."

Now, I've dated this lovely woman for a year and a half. She is from another country and has a son from a prior marriage living there with her parents. She was laidoff recently and her father demanded that she comes back and leaves me. So she bought one-way ticket and I did not interfere even though I love her too much and it was very, really hard for me to let her go there.

I always thought that if a person loves another you can let them go and they will come back to you.

I dont mind her son being with us at all but thats not why she went there...

I've stopped talking to her,and asked her not to call me, secretly hoping that she would contact me, she hasn't...

Was I right not to stop her from going? What would you do?

spartaken's photo
Thu 05/06/10 11:20 AM
I am FREE!!! :)