Community > Posts By > wendynhouston

wendynhouston's photo
Tue 05/13/08 12:42 PM
pizza does sound good!

wendynhouston's photo
Tue 05/13/08 10:17 AM

Good morning! What's on your mind today?

Today would have been my grandmom's 92nd birthday. Three years ago today on her 89th birthday, she slipped into a coma and never woke up. So I'm missing my grandmom today.

And I have my History of the English Language final in 2.5 hours and I didn't study yet. noway

I'm sorry to hear that. I was very close to my grandfathers and they both passed away within the last 4 years. One had cancer for atleast two years and never told anyone. We only found out after he passed away that he had been having bone marrow biopsies for atleast two years before hand. The other one had been in a nursing home (the hardest thing to have to see) and got sick at the end and passed away the day I started my last Internship back in August '06.

Hard to sit at the computer and take care of kittens. They aren't taking to the bottle easily. I was so happy I got one to go to the bathroom. (It's the little things that amaze me). laugh My three legged dog is jealous of them and wants to play with them.

I have been avoiding the bf's calls. I just needed time to think things through and I realize the next step is gonna be the hardest one because I don't wanna hurt him. But on the up side, I talked to this guy on here yesterday and he seems really cool. Does that sound as bad to others that I have technically broken up with the bf but I'm talking to someone else? Even though I'm not looking to rush into a relationship with this guy, but if we continue to talk like we are and get to know each other, meeting wouldn't be out of the question.

wendynhouston's photo
Tue 05/13/08 07:28 AM

Yeah, I got it sorted. She is banned from daycare for 24 hours after fever, so since it started there tomorrow is out. I do have it covered though. Now I just should be studying instead of playing around on here, huh? laugh

That's great that you got it all straightened out. I tend to get sidetracked on the computer myself, especially when I should be cleaning. Right now though I'm trying to play mommy to four four-day old kittens. The mother abandoned them so we tried to have the grandmother cat, who just had kittens herself five weeks ago, take care of them, but that only lasted two days. Now we are trying to bottle feed them and find homes for all the stray cats outside we've been feeding.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 07:08 PM
That SUCKS! There's no one you could leave her at for a while so you can take the test? Maybe she'll get rid of the fever by tomorrow and she can go to daycare.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 02:58 PM

I'm back too. Was feeling better and then more crap happens.

Isn't how it always happens?

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 01:47 PM
welcome back

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 10:36 AM

He lied to them so he could get the car for two days and said he was going to work and not coming to my house. They don't know we're back together, which is fine but don't lie to them and make excuses as to where you are going.

And someday he'll lie to you as well... think about it.

Point taken.... I guess I'm torn between the everything is good when we are together (for the most part, except for the last few days) and the thought of being 26 and the whole biological clock ticking.

You have plenty of time til the clock runs out. I had my last baby when I was almost 37. You can go into your early 40s with no worries. Don't settle for something that isn't perfect just because the clock is ticking. noway

I know and I tell everyone I know that. He is a sweet guy. We've dated off and on 6 times in the last 3-4 years. It's only been about a month since we got back together, but we had been hanging out again for a month or so before we got back into a relationship. He understands me and he's made a lot of effort to making things work, but the goofing off constantly gets irritating. It doesn't help to hear my mom say she don't care for him and I could do better or worse. Family is important to me, so having my parents atleast like the guy is important.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 10:36 AM

He lied to them so he could get the car for two days and said he was going to work and not coming to my house. They don't know we're back together, which is fine but don't lie to them and make excuses as to where you are going.

Point taken.... I guess I'm torn between the everything is good when we are together (for the most part, except for the last few days) and the thought of being 26 and the whole biological clock ticking.

You have plenty of time til the clock runs out. I had my last baby when I was almost 37. You can go into your early 40s with no worries. Don't settle for something that isn't perfect just because the clock is ticking. noway

I know and I tell everyone I know that. He is a sweet guy. We've dated off and on 6 times in the last 3-4 years. It's only been about a month since we got back together, but we had been hanging out again for a month or so before we got back into a relationship. He understands me and he's made a lot of effort to making things work, but the goofing off constantly gets irritating. It doesn't help to hear my mom say she don't care for him and I could do better or worse. Family is important to me, so having my parents atleast like the guy is important.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 10:20 AM

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 10:15 AM

I know what you mean about having a bad day. Well today hasn't been a bad day in the sense that something bad as happened. The last week I've just been mopey. Yesterday my boyfriend said something and I'm not sure if he was joking or if he was serious. But it made sense.

Feel free to dump it here! Most of my bad days aren't when something bad happens. They just feel crappy. I've been in a funky place for a few weeks now and I'm just battling to get out.

Yeah same here... I've been out of school for a year and a half and still looking for a full time teaching job. Subbing is great experience but I want my own classroom. This summer I am lucky to be working at a summer day camp program.

What state are you in and what's your certification? I just finished my certification program so my cert is pending...well, it will be once I get my paperwork in. I haven't even thought about the job thing yet. I figure that I'll sub for a year and then worry about it.

I live in Texas and I'm EC-4th generalist. I'm thinking about going back and getting my secondary cert.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 09:37 AM

I made the mistake of thinking someone I was with was not be honest with me .I called them on and have not heard from them since.Kinda makes me think I was very right .

Well, if you were right, then was it a mistake? I'm sure it hurts, but is it better to know or is it that you still feel that you don't know?

What I don,t know is if I was right to call him on it , maybe I should have left things alone ..but I am not the the type of person than can do that if I thing I am being lied to .

Well, if you know that you don't want to be lied to and your gut was telling you that you were, then how could it be wrong to call him on it? How does your gut feel about it now? Are you questioning it in your head or your gut?

What I am finding the hardest is to get my head and heart to agree with each other! But I do believe in my head that if he wasn,t lying to me he would have agreed to talk it over with me instead of just taking off.

Getting my head and heart to agree on anything is a BIG CHALLENGE too. The saying is true - Actions Speak Louder Than Words!!

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 09:35 AM

I feel like the only sausage link at the breakfast table.................huh

laugh

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 09:34 AM

I know what you mean about having a bad day. Well today hasn't been a bad day in the sense that something bad as happened. The last week I've just been mopey. Yesterday my boyfriend said something and I'm not sure if he was joking or if he was serious. But it made sense.

Feel free to dump it here! Most of my bad days aren't when something bad happens. They just feel crappy. I've been in a funky place for a few weeks now and I'm just battling to get out.

Yeah same here... I've been out of school for a year and a half and still looking for a full time teaching job. Subbing is great experience but I want my own classroom. This summer I am lucky to be working at a summer day camp program.

My boyfriend and I have been off and on for about 3 years now. I haven't found anyone that knows me as well as him, but his goofing off gets annoying and it drives me CRAZY when he stares at my plate wanting to eat my food when I'm not even finish. My parents don't really care for him, but my sister loves him. He's a sweetheart and truly understands me, but I'm scared that isn't enough. I think the thing that irritates me at the moment, is that he had to borrow his stepdad's car after he wrecked his. He lied to them so he could get the car for two days and said he was going to work and not coming to my house. They don't know we're back together, which is fine but don't lie to them and make excuses as to where you are going.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 05/12/08 08:29 AM

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 04/07/08 06:14 PM
My Monday wasn't too bad. Just have a headache now that I can't get rid of. Too much stressing about getting a full time teaching job in the next few months for next year.

wendynhouston's photo
Mon 04/07/08 06:13 PM
Maybe if I drink I'll pass out and get rid of my headache. But instead of wine, I'll take a few margaritas. Jack maybe your friend, but Jose definitely is my BEST friend.laugh drinker

wendynhouston's photo
Wed 03/26/08 04:17 AM
I'll have to use a few of these today. For some reason it feels like a stinking Monday. :-(

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 03/02/08 06:29 PM
A week being too soon would have to depend on the individual people involved. I usually wait a little longer than that, but I have met someone that quickly. A few years ago on yahoo I met a guy in one of the general chat rooms that lived in Houston, even though it was the opposite side of town. We talked for about a day or two online, then I gave him my number and we talked for about two or three days on there, and then we met in person. I think it was the best first meeting I have had with someone. We played miniature golf and games for a few hours, then went to a pool hall down the road until about midnight, then he drove me back to Putt-Putt to get my car and we ended up talking until 4 am. We had a good relationship for about 8-9months then things came up. We actually were on and off for about two-three years altogether. We still talk to this day. Others I have waited a month or so to meet. It just depends on how comfortable you two are talking and if you both are willing to meet.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 03/02/08 05:51 PM
My cousin, who is 25, has endometriosis. When we was in her late teens/early twenties, she had two miscarriages. She could get pregnant but couldn't carry pass 11 weeks. A few years later, she met a new guy and eventually got married. I am hoping that I have my information straight, but the doctor's did surgery to scrape out the scar tissue and if that didn't work they were going to put her in a type or menopause or something for 6 months and then reverse it. However, after the surgery, she got pregnant with twins. She was a basket case until she passed the 11th week. However, she did miscarriage one of the twins, but she's got a beautiful son who turned 1 in December. She's even talking about adopting another children. She had so many complications during her pregnancy.

Debbie, you aren't wasted space even if you can't have children. I know it's not the same thing, but there is always adoption. There's so many children out there that don't have a mother who feels as strongly as you do about motherhood. There's always a reason for everything that happens, even if you can't see what that reason is.

wendynhouston's photo
Sun 03/02/08 05:51 PM
My cousin, who is 25, has endometriosis. When we was in her late teens/early twenties, she had two miscarriages. She could get pregnant but couldn't carry pass 11 weeks. A few years later, she met a new guy and eventually got married. I am hoping that I have my information straight, but the doctor's did surgery to scrape out the scar tissue and if that didn't work they were going to put her in a type or menopause or something for 6 months and then reverse it. However, after the surgery, she got pregnant with twins. She was a basket case until she passed the 11th week. However, she did miscarriage one of the twins, but she's got a beautiful son who turned 1 in December. She's even talking about adopting another children. She had so many complications during her pregnancy.

Debbie, you aren't wasted space even if you can't have children. I know it's not the same thing, but there is always adoption. There's so many children out there that don't have a mother who feels as strongly as you do about motherhood. There's always a reason for everything that happens, even if you can't see what that reason is.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next