Community > Posts By > Jenknee

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 06:56 PM

Clever chaps can cerebrally craft compliments created competently, countering courageous chicks chatter completely

Lol, love it !! Now I am gonna do my best not to hit that other thread. Poor MissWright has it so wrong about me laugh

Three words ( and not c-words) I'm from Detroit!! That city makes a girl tough as nails winking

I like a challenge, you did good here! Do I dare say I enjoyed something in the forum? Yeah, I did,lol.

Dinner is beeping, have a good night!

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 06:35 PM

Yo Lex...I say we let em slug it out.

Pass the popcorn....

Are ya keeping score? And the winner is...? No, don't answer that...I know already! bigsmile

Nice to see ya enjoying yourself you sexy thing! I mean in here and with Soufie. Haven't been on lately so I'm just catching up. Congrats bro! :thumbsup:

Now that is funny.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 06:31 PM

Captivating conundrums continually coming

Impressive!

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 06:28 PM
Courageous chicks can carefully communicate c-words.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 06:21 PM
Cranial cavities combusting.

I am so good!! :smile:

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 06:14 PM

Curious. Could consider connecting.:laughing:

Ha!! By the way, I kick *** and win!! Jello or no jello!

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 06:10 PM

For some people it is laziness but unfortunitely a lot of it is due to poor education. It is disappointing to see how many people cannot spell even simple words correctly. They don't know the difference between "there" or "their" or "they're" for example.

In my opinion, men who continously misspell is a huge turn-off. A mistake or two is okay but when you need to go back to school it is another matter.

Actually what you so gleefully pointed out was a second typo or oversight on my part. To be clear, I continuously fail to proofread my messages before I post them. slaphead

By the way, I am not a fan of people who insult in a kidding sort of way then apologize for it.

So I guess we're going with laziness over poor education in your case then? laugh

Wasn't meant as an insult, merely an observation...found it ironic that you were complaining about misspelling and misspelled something...hence why I put the :tongue:

I make mistakes all the time and I do try to proofread before I post but sometimes I still don't catch them. It's harder to spot them on your own writing than it is to pick them up in somebody else's writing, which is why most authors have proofreaders.

I really don't care how well people spell. If they can make it close enough for me to understand, then it's all good. My son is a horrible speller but he's a very bright kid. I care more about what the person has to say rather than how they string letters and punctuation together.

Neither kids or adults should start off a sentence with the word AND. I do care and that is why I am stating my opinion.

Just a wee bit sensitive to criticism are you? Relax girl. No need to send singmesweet, FatFreddy and I to the corner for using "And" to begin a sentence. It's short for in addition to the previous thought, but not close enough to separate the two sentences by a comma and use "and...". We have the grammar police in the forum now <<<Lex!!!>>> so we have to be careful what we post or it could be fifty lashes with a wet noodle. :wink:

And by the way, hi Lex! waving

You had no problem pointing out something to me and yet I return the favor and it's a different story now.

You made a clear error in spelling. It's either spelled right or spelled wrong. I used a conjunction at the beginning of a sentence. Even you said it was "BEST to use it to connect two words", however it isn't blatantly wrong to use it at the beginning of a sentence. If it's used properly, it can connect two thoughts together that aren't otherwise connected. And furthermore, (see, I just did it again!), I'm not upset in the slightest that you jumped on me about it. You however seem to be quite hostile towards the entire room now. Please take a chill pill or I'll sick Lex on you! He's apt to throw a Pepsi can at you or something! :laughing:

Who is "Lex"? Apparently you are incapable of dealing with something on your own without bringing someone else into it. Your "laughing" isn't funny, neither are your threats.

"Lex" is a forum moderator for this site. One of my functions is to make sure that the forums are safe and friendly for the members here. That's why I always suggest that people read the forum rules. It can help them avoid making mistakes. We have a long-standing rule against anyone insulting/attacking another member. There's a reporting system for people to use when they see or experience any violation of the forum rules.

What I've seen here so far is pretty mild, low-level stuff, but it needs to stop before it has a chance to escalate.

Thank-you for the explanation. Using a moderator or anyone else as a threat is something I would not do. I also don't like cyber bullies or bullies in the real world.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 06:04 PM

Clever, creative chat composition

Was that directed at me? If so then thank-you! I know I enjoyed yours :smile:

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 06:00 PM
happy Crazy cooks can create cool confections !!

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 05:46 PM

For some people it is laziness but unfortunitely a lot of it is due to poor education. It is disappointing to see how many people cannot spell even simple words correctly. They don't know the difference between "there" or "their" or "they're" for example.

In my opinion, men who continously misspell is a huge turn-off. A mistake or two is okay but when you need to go back to school it is another matter.

Actually what you so gleefully pointed out was a second typo or oversight on my part. To be clear, I continuously fail to proofread my messages before I post them. slaphead

By the way, I am not a fan of people who insult in a kidding sort of way then apologize for it.

So I guess we're going with laziness over poor education in your case then? laugh

Wasn't meant as an insult, merely an observation...found it ironic that you were complaining about misspelling and misspelled something...hence why I put the :tongue:

I make mistakes all the time and I do try to proofread before I post but sometimes I still don't catch them. It's harder to spot them on your own writing than it is to pick them up in somebody else's writing, which is why most authors have proofreaders.

I really don't care how well people spell. If they can make it close enough for me to understand, then it's all good. My son is a horrible speller but he's a very bright kid. I care more about what the person has to say rather than how they string letters and punctuation together.

Neither kids or adults should start off a sentence with the word AND. I do care and that is why I am stating my opinion.

Just a wee bit sensitive to criticism are you? Relax girl. No need to send singmesweet, FatFreddy and I to the corner for using "And" to begin a sentence. It's short for in addition to the previous thought, but not close enough to separate the two sentences by a comma and use "and...". We have the grammar police in the forum now <<<Lex!!!>>> so we have to be careful what we post or it could be fifty lashes with a wet noodle. :wink:

You had no problem pointing out something to me and yet I return the favor and it's a different story now.

You made a clear error in spelling. It's either spelled right or spelled wrong. I used a conjunction at the beginning of a sentence. Even you said it was "BEST to use it to connect two words", however it isn't blatantly wrong to use it at the beginning of a sentence. If it's used properly, it can connect two thoughts together that aren't otherwise connected. And furthermore, (see, I just did it again!), I'm not upset in the slightest that you jumped on me about it. You however seem to be quite hostile towards the entire room now. Please take a chill pill or I'll sick Lex on you! He's apt to throw a Pepsi can at you or something! :laughing:

Who is "Lex"? Apparently you are incapable of dealing with something on your own without bringing someone else into it. Your "laughing" isn't funny, neither are your threats.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 05:33 PM

Cricket (the game) consumes time.

Cricket can create callouses! drinker

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 05:26 PM
Clocks chime.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 05:19 PM

You described yourself well as you signed off.

shall i describe you now?

I never described you.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 05:17 PM

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 05:14 PM

The word "and" is a conjunction , it is best to use it to connect two words. If you had read further I said I was stating MY OPINION. What part of that do you not comprehend?

also,
neither is to be accompanied by nor,
you misused a comma,
and you left out a comma.
(:
sincerely,
stupid twenty year old.

You described yourself well as you signed off.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 05:03 PM

ha.
it's very much possible to begin a sentence with the word and.

The word "and" is a conjunction , it is best to use it to connect two words. If you had read further I said I was stating MY OPINION. What part of that do you not comprehend?

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 04:53 PM

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 04:44 PM
Cricket (my pet's name) consumes critters.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 04:40 PM
:smile:

yuo prboabyl cdnuolt blveiee taht uyo cluod aulaclty unesdnatnrd waht I was wiritgn even when I do make tpyso

I understand :smile:

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 04:22 PM

Why do you think it's less important? Or is it just people being lazy?

I also have wondered if it is poor education. I know University students I worked with about 3 years ago could not do basic math with pen and paper or could spell. I think they have depended technology so much that they don't know the basics of math or english.

I agree about the technology. Our country that was once a leader in many ways now ranks 28th in the world in education !!! That is way too far down the rankings :( We are becoming an entirely differnt country and I hate watching it all go downhill.

DIFFERENT !! That was a typo! I may be a bad typist but I'm not a bad speller :)

So I probably shouldn't point out that you misspelled continUously in your first post right? That was a typo too I'm sure! :tongue:

Sorry, I was a spelling bee champion when I was younger so I pick up on mistakes pretty easily. I do however agree with you that technology is dumbing down our kids. If they even use spell check, it's worthless in many situations. Proofreading seems to be obsolete these days and calculators are being used in grade school. When I was growing up, we had to memorize multiplication tables and look up words in a dictionary for correct spelling. Those days are gone! Without their gadgets, they're pretty much screwed. And look there, I even got proper usage of their and they're in that sentence (and all 3 versions in this one!).laugh