Community > Posts By > Jenknee

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 04:14 PM

Why do you think it's less important? Or is it just people being lazy?

For some people it is laziness but unfortunitely a lot of it is due to poor education. It is disappointing to see how many people cannot spell even simple words correctly. They don't know the difference between "there" or "their" or "they're" for example.

In my opinion, men who continously misspell is a huge turn-off. A mistake or two is okay but when you need to go back to school it is another matter.

Actually what you so gleefully pointed out was a second typo or oversight on my part. To be clear, I continuously fail to proofread my messages before I post them. slaphead

I also have wondered if it is poor education. I know University students I worked with about 3 years ago could not do basic math with pen and paper or could spell. I think they have depended technology so much that they don't know the basics of math or english.

I agree about the technology. Our country that was once a leader in many ways now ranks 28th in the world in education !!! That is way too far down the rankings :( We are becoming an entirely differnt country and I hate watching it all go downhill.

DIFFERENT !! That was a typo! I may be a bad typist but I'm not a bad speller :)

So I probably shouldn't point out that you misspelled continUously in your first post right? That was a typo too I'm sure! :tongue:

Sorry, I was a spelling bee champion when I was younger so I pick up on mistakes pretty easily. I do however agree with you that technology is dumbing down our kids. If they even use spell check, it's worthless in many situations. Proofreading seems to be obsolete these days and calculators are being used in grade school. When I was growing up, we had to memorize multiplication tables and look up words in a dictionary for correct spelling. Those days are gone! Without their gadgets, they're pretty much screwed. And look there, I even got proper usage of their and they're in that sentence (and all 3 versions in this one!).laugh

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 03:01 PM

For some people it is laziness but unfortunitely a lot of it is due to poor education. It is disappointing to see how many people cannot spell even simple words correctly. They don't know the difference between "there" or "their" or "they're" for example.

In my opinion, men who continously misspell is a huge turn-off. A mistake or two is okay but when you need to go back to school it is another matter.

I also have wondered if it is poor education. I know University students I worked with about 3 years ago could not do basic math with pen and paper or could spell. I think they have depended technology so much that they don't know the basics of math or english.

I agree about the technology. Our country that was once a leader in many ways now ranks 28th in the world in education !!! That is way too far down the rankings :( We are becoming an entirely differnt country and I hate watching it all go downhill.

DIFFERENT !! That was a typo! I may be a bad typist but I'm not a bad speller :)

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 02:58 PM

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 02:25 PM

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 01:39 PM
Definitely the will has to be in order.

Go to confession and receive last rites.

Tell my daughter the stories behind anything I am passing down to her that she is interested in.

Most importantly for my daughter is to answer any questions she needs answered and talk about our lives. Make a video for her.

Make sure someone will love and care for my pets.

After everything is set & done hopefully I will indulge in a lot of activities. Hang Glide, sky dive, glide in a plane, gallop on a horse, swim with dolphins, have some close encounters with various animals.

Last thing I want to see with my loved ones is the sunrise over Haleakala in Maui.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 01:57 AM

Morning Song,

Why is it that in Genisus 19:26: But Lots wife looked back, and she was a pillar of salt.

What was the reasoning, or significance, for her to be turned into a pillar of salt, when she looked back?

Just to see if she would obey?

And why would he kill her, if she disobeyed him?

Is that what God did, at that time? Wipe our entire nations, and kill people, if they sinned, or disobeyed him?

Please explain.flowerforyou

Thank you, Luv:heart:

I will probably get flak from some for this, but as you are reading through the Bible, I would try and make sense of it all this way. When you see things such as this whole God turning one into a pillar of salt idea, ask yourself, is it loving? If it's not, than know it is not God.

That's the best way to know whether something is true or not, as God is supposed to be love. If something doesn't meet the standards of it, than it's simply false.

First person to give you flak! :)
No offense but that is a ridiculous question you made, is it loving? God will punish. Haven't you ever heard the term "God Fearing" before? We can love Him but it may be smart to also FEAR him too. You can be assured God is capable of turning even you into salt,lol.

No it's not ridiculous, the Bible itself even says God is love does it not? By that definition alone anything that is not love cannot be of God flat out. And many things in the Bible are NOT love. Therefore they cannot true of God.

As for God fearing, love and fear really cannot coexist. The only reason anyone uses fear is to control people with it in so doing. Me thinks the real God would be above that. The fear is all from man, nothing divine. They use it to scare people into obedience, and it has quite obviously worked.

It is not love to use fear tactics to attempt to get what you want from a person. You can say whatever you want to argue it, but it will never change that.

Further, one should ask themselves, if a being has to use fear and the threat of something in order so that people may accept them, what does that say about them? If they were totally loving, why would they need the games? The love would be more than enough, the people would see this, and would love on their own. It doesn't work.

Really the reason have so many religions is more because man has made it all so complicated.

As far as free will, in religions you really don't have it. .

With God's form of punishment, it is neverending, or at the very least ends in complete death and nothingness. What exactly is the point of this? There's nothing being learned, there's no chance to fix any wrongs done as it never ends, it's just torture and murder seems to me.

end of quote

4 points cause I don't have much time otherwise

1) You have also made it complicated when it isn't THAT complicated!

2) We ALL have free will!! Why do you think this world of ours is so screwed up?

3) God's punishments are not always neverending. Did you hear about the 40 years in the desert? The flood? Plagues? etc.,etc.

4)Complete death and nothingness does not exist (kinda funny oxymoron). Lots of souls would welcome nothingness when they are suffering. Past a certain point there is no learning, no chance and it is torture!

I'm done.

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 12:47 AM
DEFEATED... after wasting time chatting with my umpteenth scammer ohwell

Jenknee's photo
Tue 10/04/11 12:00 AM

Dear "Andy"

It was so nice chatting with you tonight!! Gosh I felt so sorry for you when you told me that both your wife and child died in chilbirth a few yrs. ago and how you had no clue how they died but it was just "complications".

How nice it was to hear (even though we have never spoken and today was the first time we chatted) that I could become your wife!!! You ARE honest, you made sure I knew that so I would have no doubt.

Of course it doesn't matter where I live because you have lived in different places...even Africa, because your dad was a diamond miner, remember?

Tonight I will go to sleep just dreaming about you! I just can't wait to hear more details of that fascinating life of yours. Waiting to see how you will PROVE to me who you are because you don't like the fact that I've had encounters with scammers before.

Till we meet,
Jenny

I'm pretty sure I talked to his twin sister Andrea and she said I was going to be her husband. Only difference is that she told me that her husband and son died in an diamond mine and her Dad was a doctor in Africa. What a small world this is......

Yeah, it is a small world! Thanks for making me laugh laugh

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 11:57 PM

Morning Song,

Why is it that in Genisus 19:26: But Lots wife looked back, and she was a pillar of salt.

What was the reasoning, or significance, for her to be turned into a pillar of salt, when she looked back?

Is that what God did, at that time? Wipe our entire nations, and kill people, if they sinned, or disobeyed him?

I will probably get flak from some for this, but as you are reading through the Bible, I would try and make sense of it all this way. When you see things such as this whole God turning one into a pillar of salt idea, ask yourself, is it loving? If it's not, than know it is not God.

That's the best way to know whether something is true or not, as God is supposed to be love. If something doesn't meet the standards of it, than it's simply false.

No offense but that is a ridiculous question you made, is it loving? God will punish. Haven't you ever heard the term "God Fearing" before? We can love Him but it may be smart to also FEAR him too. You can be assured God is capable of turning even you into salt,lol.

No it's not ridiculous, the Bible itself even says God is love does it not? By that definition alone anything that is not love cannot be of God flat out. And many things in the Bible are NOT love. Therefore they cannot true of God.

As for God fearing, love and fear really cannot coexist. The only reason anyone uses fear is to control people with it in so doing. Me thinks the real God would be above that. The fear is all from man, nothing divine. They use it to scare people into obedience, and it has quite obviously worked.

It is not love to use fear tactics to attempt to get what you want from a person. You can say whatever you want to argue it, but it will never change that.

Further, one should ask themselves, if a being has to use fear and the threat of something in order so that people may accept them, what does that say about them? If they were totally loving, why would they need the games? The love would be more than enough, the people would see this, and would love on their own. It doesn't work.

[/quote)

Needless to say I disagree with you but so many have disagreed before us. There is a reason why there are somany different religions. you have the free will that God gave you to do what you want.

Arguing with you is a complete waste of time. God is love, God )also punishes. Have you ever heard your parent (or hear of a parent say.."This hurts me more than it hurts you" as they are punishing you? They love you and yet they can punish you for your own good. That could be one way to look at it if you choose to.

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 11:38 PM
Dear "Andy"

It was so nice chatting with you tonight!! Gosh I felt so sorry for you when you told me that both your wife and child died in chilbirth a few yrs. ago and how you had no clue how they died but it was just "complications".

How nice it was to hear (even though we have never spoken and today was the first time we chatted) that I could become your wife!!! You ARE honest, you made sure I knew that so I would have no doubt.

Of course it doesn't matter where I live because you have lived in different places...even Africa, because your dad was a diamond miner, remember?

Tonight I will go to sleep just dreaming about you! I just can't wait to hear more details of that fascinating life of yours. Waiting to see how you will PROVE to me who you are because you don't like the fact that I've had encounters with scammers before.

Till we meet,
Jenny

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 10:47 PM

Yes...someone did actually!!

Well? Details!! You just leave us all guessing !!

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 10:42 PM

Morning Song,

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 10:34 PM

Morning Song,

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 07:35 PM
Challenging- I see this thread as a challenge to use only c-words in a sentence.

My last two were:

Craving chocolate covered cherries.

Compulsively creating computer comments.

No one even noticed frown So this one I will post with the words together instead of strung out in replies.

Configuring C-words can cause confusion.

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 04:14 PM

The following is part of an article explaining the DNA evidence fiasco. In a messy crime scene there was not one piece of DNA found in the room that was Amanda's , I think that in itself speaks volumes. The issue of the kitchen knive found at Amanda's boyfriend's place was found not to match the victim's wounds.

In my opinion, without evidence she cannot be proven guilty.

The Christian Post > World|Mon, Jul. 25 2011 01:42 PM EDT

Amanda Knox Trial : DNA Evidence Collecting Protocol Violated, Experts

Almost a month since forensics experts in Italy reached the conclusion that the key DNA evidence used to convict Amanda Knox of killing her roommate could have been contaminated, another major boost for Knox came in Monday as the independent analysts testified that they had found none of her DNA or blood on the murder weapon.

The evidence used to jail Knox has been under scrutiny since prosecutors claimed that the knife found in the apartment of Raffaele Sollecito, Amanda's boyfriend at the time, contained DNA from both Knox and roommate Meredith Kercher.

ABC News reported that not only did these independent analysts challenge the DNA evidence found in the knife blade, but they also made strong statements against the original investigating team, claiming several DNA collecting protocols were violated. After explaining the proper DNA collecting techniques, a video of the original detectives gathering the DNA doing the exact opposite was shown.

According to CBS correspondent Elizabeth Palmer, the new forensic report contends that the Italian police erred a total of 54 times in following the proper procedure while investigating the crime scene, making mistakes such as using contaminated gloves to collect samples, or placing the DNA evidence in paper bags as opposed to plastic bags.

are we sure the investigators werent from the LAPD?....did they hang out with it for a day or two before turning it in ?

I think they were worse than the LAPD !! It's pretty bad how they handled the evidence plus they persecuted this girl in the press. There were also other issues that just made the first trial a nightmare.

Both juries were not sequestered. I heard it was called "Trial by Tabloid", a term I found interesting and appropriate at least the first time around.

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 03:38 PM
You too !

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 02:36 PM
The following is part of an article explaining the DNA evidence fiasco. In a messy crime scene there was not one piece of DNA found in the room that was Amanda's , I think that in itself speaks volumes. The issue of the kitchen knive found at Amanda's boyfriend's place was found not to match the victim's wounds.

In my opinion, without evidence she cannot be proven guilty.

The Christian Post > World|Mon, Jul. 25 2011 01:42 PM EDT

Amanda Knox Trial : DNA Evidence Collecting Protocol Violated, Experts

Almost a month since forensics experts in Italy reached the conclusion that the key DNA evidence used to convict Amanda Knox of killing her roommate could have been contaminated, another major boost for Knox came in Monday as the independent analysts testified that they had found none of her DNA or blood on the murder weapon.

The evidence used to jail Knox has been under scrutiny since prosecutors claimed that the knife found in the apartment of Raffaele Sollecito, Amanda's boyfriend at the time, contained DNA from both Knox and roommate Meredith Kercher.

ABC News reported that not only did these independent analysts challenge the DNA evidence found in the knife blade, but they also made strong statements against the original investigating team, claiming several DNA collecting protocols were violated. After explaining the proper DNA collecting techniques, a video of the original detectives gathering the DNA doing the exact opposite was shown.

According to CBS correspondent Elizabeth Palmer, the new forensic report contends that the Italian police erred a total of 54 times in following the proper procedure while investigating the crime scene, making mistakes such as using contaminated gloves to collect samples, or placing the DNA evidence in paper bags as opposed to plastic bags.

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 02:03 PM
:smile:

I am so happy for you Roberta !! That is a great story and I'm glad you shared it. The first part and who showed up on your porch!

No one should judge and the most important thing is where you are at now spiritually.

One of these days I should start a thread about miracles where people share their miracle story. I know I've had my share!

Thank you so much!flowerforyou

Im glad you liked the story.:heart:

A miracle thread would be wayyyyyyyy cool.:angel:

You are more than welcomed :)

I will have to do the thread then within the next couple days , I'll message u when I do post it. have a good day!

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 01:38 PM
I am so happy for you Roberta !! That is a great story and I'm glad you shared it. The first part and who showed up on your porch!

No one should judge and the most important thing is where you are at now spiritually.

One of these days I should start a thread about miracles where people share their miracle story. I know I've had my share!

Jenknee's photo
Mon 10/03/11 01:16 PM
I think it was definitely the right thing that she was acquitted. If I heard it correctly though, they did find her guilty of slander, I wonder why exactly BUT she will be getting released from prison and that is what is most important.