Community > Posts By > Littlewilbur

Littlewilbur's photo
Sat 08/18/07 05:51 AM
Hi all..........

Just thought I would post some of my thoughts this morning just to clear my head. I am in a rut it seems. I am a relatively intelligent person, and I think - no, I pretty much know what my problem is, I'm just not sure how to get around it. I thought that maybe some people on here may read this and offer some advice.
You see, I was in a very serious relationship that lasted 6 years and it ended at the end of last December. Now, I have been around the block a time or two, so it's not as if this was my first love or anything, but it was more of an emotional high for me than my 10 year marrige which ended in 1991.
To get to the problem, I think that I was spoiled and now my expectations are too high. What I mean by that is that she was a very beautiful woman in my opinion. About 5'2", 110 lbs, and very good looking. I know that a person should never compare anyone to past lovers, but I can't seem to help it! I have been told that I'm not a bad looking man, so why aren't other women as attractive as her interested in me?
Like I said, I know this is something that is my own fault, I just don't know how to get around it. I believe that in order to find lasting happiness in a relationship, you should never settle for something that is not what you are looking for. How does a person get around something like this? I mean, I really don't enjoy being without a committed relationship. I enjoy the comfort of caring about someone and having them care about me. Well, thanks for letting me vent. I'll try to check back from time to time to see if anyone has offered any advice that may be useful to me. Ciao for now.

Littlewilbur's photo
Wed 08/15/07 02:26 PM
Thank you all for saying hello. It sort of illustrates my point though. None of you are from anywhere close to where I live. That's mostly the way it has been going for me. I get messages from women who do think that I am a good looking guy, but they all live so far away. Oh well. Patience is needed I suppose. Again, thank you all.

Mike

Littlewilbur's photo
Wed 08/15/07 01:29 PM
Hello.............I can't believe I've joined another dating site. I must be expecting too much, because I have yet to find anyone that I "click" with as they say. Well, actually I did meet one on another site, but she has some things to work out. (At least that''s what she told me) Will this one be any different? I suppose only time will tell. Hope to talk with someone soon........