Community > Posts By > Arashi78

Arashi78's photo
Thu 12/06/12 08:38 AM
I normally respond with either a deadpan "Flesh-eating bacteria" or "Generations old dispute with a clan of assassin clowns". Assuming I'm not feeling creative of course.

Arashi78's photo
Thu 12/06/12 07:54 AM
Edited by Arashi78 on Thu 12/06/12 08:02 AM
Of course intelligence is a turn-on. You know what else is? Niavete. Casual simplicity too. I have been known to own a few nice pair of smarty-pants myself but I don't want to come home wearing them every night to discuss astrophysics or neurological research. Sometimes the best conversations are with someone who might not be the brightest flare but bring true happiness and passion to the table. I'll take those over a Mensa cert any day.

Although it would be groovy to find all of the above.... ;)

Arashi78's photo
Thu 12/06/12 07:40 AM
In my limited time cruising around the planet I have learned that life is nothing more than perception. What we believe is the single most important aspect to defining our reality. That being said it is so crucial that we don't allow negativity in. It's the same thing as designing a back-up plan before working on your dream. All it does is quite literally set yourself up for failure. Words like "never" are the worst offenders you can ever have in your lexicon because they don't just imply a chance for failure (bad enough in it's own right) but the make it the unavoidable resolution. Not to mention life's most beautiful moments tend to surprise, by completely closing yourself off to a possibility you might miss the greatest ride you could ever have.

Oh and a side note, words like "always", "forever", and "never" do get thrown around a lot these days, but coming from the clinical psych side they are used predominately by people being casually dishonest as a means to add more "credit" or believability to what they are saying. Honest people know that all they can offer for sure is now and tend not to promise what they can't guarantee. That alone should be reason enough to avoid throwing them around yourself. :)