Community > Posts By > bridgewater1234

bridgewater1234's photo
Mon 04/12/10 02:10 PM
To Gossipmpm...

She looked good in the pics and tho the weight showed 300 lbs, I assumed it was an error. I thought about bringing it up, but she smmed like such a cool person, I couldn't wait to meet her.

First off, she was 6' 2"! All thru an etermnal dinner - as I craned my neck looking skyward - the tale unraveled:
1. Witness protection program due to an incident where she and her dog were attacked. Supposedly, the guy's out and seaarching for her.
2. Holds numerous patents in advanced lighthing systems. I did not ask for details.
3. Car's in the shop. The dingy 1-room apartment is a friend's that she has been given the use of - in the art district of town.
4. Clears $750,000 a year - SELLING COCAINE!!!

All of that was bad enough, but we get back to her place, she's talking baby-talk to the dog. Door! I never found our what, if any of all of that, was true but it was one date -one of many - that I'll never forget. Yow.

Then there was the one who posed with her smiling mouth closed for her profile pic. Could she not have know that when I'd meet her, the first thing I noted - like, when she said, "Hi" - would be the numerous directions that her remaining, gray teeth were heading in? The saddest part, is that this is true of all Brits. She was nice otherwise. I just couldn't look at her - while her mouth was open.

There's more. The point is that I remain optimistic.

In fact, I have a new pen pal from the Mingle group. Life goes on.

bridgewater1234's photo
Mon 04/12/10 01:55 PM
Thanks, Isaac. You must have written this while I was still typing, but you saw where I was going. Swing, baby!

I just wonder where exactly in the arc we now are.

Is this the new norm? Youch.

Thanks for more from you, KingsKnight - You bring up the necessary point of actually getting to know people. And their duality. I've known folks that were impeccable in their private lives, but when it came to business, had no scruples whatsoever.

Then there's folks you can't turn your back on. Ever. You'd have to be a fool to continue to sprawl yourself on the pavement in front of them. High values have their place, but we also have to get thru the day - prefferably with our sanity intact.

I still like the Gandhi quote.

Gossipmpm, I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but the point is clear enough. 'Seen some rough spots, have we? 'Sorry to hear that. In my next post, I'll give you my top five Dates From Hell.

To all, thanks again of checking in.

bridgewater1234's photo
Mon 04/12/10 01:07 PM
Why does it have to be an old-school way of thinking, of acting, of being! There is a pendulum at work in regards to public opinion. When enough of us admit that we're disgusted with ourselves... And here I take full responsibility for past instances where I have found myself being less than gracious. We can all be better; I suppose that this is my public announcement that I intend to do just that.

To KingsKnight. You'll hopefully see that this was not just an impulse. I've had these thoughts for years that it finally came into focus. It's actually not something I'd ever been tempted to parade around in public before. You make many good points in your post, I found your comments - and assumptions about the outlook they must respresent - encouraging. More people should trust like you do. What I hear more is that folks just can't manage to extend such trust anymore. Keep that. You are wise enough to do it. But you make a good point that many aren't. Yes, the Chivaric Ideal would not be recognizable in a den of thieves - such men would only be devoured. But the pendulum swings, brother. As long as "right" is not totally extinct, there is always hope for a comeback. You and those who see as you do prevent the instinction of our real Humanity. You are a Guardian. Thanks for the post and for what I took as encouragement.

TxsGal, I'm tempted to tell you to be more optimistic, but you also seem to quite capable and a pure heart. Thanks for your comments, Rather than advice, I send wishes for nothing but the best.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

WhyZeeGuy - A warm welcome. Nothing says it like Gandhi. I have never heard this quote and suddenly feel the need for a tatoo - Forehead? In big letters? Bright red? Maybe not, but somewhere as a permanent record. Its that good. Thanks for your addition to this.

Thanks again to everyone. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts.

And I thoguht I'd get nothing but slammed.

Faith. Trust. Honor.

bridgewater1234's photo
Sun 04/11/10 08:02 PM
Dear fearandloathing - Control is not the issue nor the intent. We all have to (and will) make individual choices, that's actually essential. But as for there not being anything I can do about it, I disagree. just getting the thought out there, getting it heard... 'Right' people always respond to the right things. And change is inevitable, so what we need to do is change the general perception and with that, attitudes.

Call me a dreamer, but it can happen. Some of us hope for an improvement in the human condition instead of the current downward sprial. As for me, I'll voice optmism and hope - and keep doing it.

Thanks to both you and motowndowntown, your interest was really more than I'd hoped for already. Thanks for looking in.

Melodygirl - You're also making my point. It's too easy online to BS - thus we need to be more conscientious in the decisions we make. As for common sense, that's needed too. But I'm talking about Trust. Wouldn't you like to be able to simply trust someone you don't really know? Currently, we do feel foolish to find we've misplaced that trust, again. Picture a world where you can expect differently. Again, the dreamer in me says, "Just picture it and it will be the truth." Acknowledging that this is all wrong is just the first step.

Thanks for giving all this a read - and thanks for the note.

bridgewater1234's photo
Sun 04/11/10 05:35 PM
One of the many topics that needs to be mentioned: the advantage of a strong partner. I could write a book on that topic alone...

Thanks for the note, Crissy. I'm flattered that you read it all.

bridgewater1234's photo
Sun 04/11/10 05:27 PM
Awright guys, it's obvious that unless the male of the species evolves considerably, internet dating is not going to survive. Face it, the reason that SO MANY women make it a point to list "No liars. No cheaters." in their profiles is because so many guys live like there's no tomorrow and treat the women in their lives as totally and completely disposable.

Tiger Woods and Jessie whats-his-name. Loser. But honestly, Sandra, when you go for the bad-boy thing, what do you expect. Still... 'Will wonders never cease.' Jessie. Dude. You gotta be kiddin' me! Seriously.

Who hasn't learned that anonymity lets us think we can get away with being more awful to each other? Enter the internet and online dating. Really, I'd be the last the preach and it's not really a moral question...

Guys, you're screwing this us for everybody. If you're married and unhappy - then take the hit and get a divorce, THEN you can troll for perfectly nice women to use and abuse on Mingle2. As a divorced man, at least you'll be giving them a chance and possibly won't be messing up any more lives than absolutely necessary.

Better yet, get help.

Would it be an total waste to try and relate the Chivalric Ideal? I suppose so, but I'll give it a shot anyway... Men and women are not the same - you may have noticed. We guys are big and strong and - in theory at least - protector types. Respect that. It puts you in a very important place in the workings of the world. Our accomplishments as Humans are many and varied; as men go out into the world to create, so they must sometimes leave behind the ones they love. Women are the vessels of great things – bearers of our future and keepers of the past. As men we would do well to be mindful of the rearward path and not blacken our hearts by wasting ourselves on vindictive or thoughtless pursuits.

Am I getting thru to anyone out there? Besides you girls, I mean? Keeping in mind that 'You reap what you sow' this kinda puts it on you, too, don't it? Nothing's easy.

bridgewater1234's photo
Sun 04/04/10 01:35 PM
OK. World's most tacky Easter joke... If I thought that anyone was actually paying attention, I'd never post this.

Jesus walks into a motel...

Hands the night clerk three nails, he says-

"Would you mind putting me up for the night?"

From the film, "Wanted."

Posted by a lover of the Lord...

with a wicked sense of humor.

Admit it, this really is a funny joke. With all due apologies.
Happy Easter!

bridgewater1234's photo
Sat 04/03/10 10:40 AM
...with a duck on his head.

The bartender looks up and says,
"We don't serve ducks here."

So the duck says,
"Okay, but will ya help me convince this fool that he left his hat floating in the duck pond?