Nerdy's photo
Mon 04/26/10 03:40 AM
LOL

Funny
Thanks for sharing

Nerdy's photo
Thu 04/15/10 03:03 PM
Edited by Nerdy on Thu 04/15/10 03:05 PM

I think people who whine about being abuse, used and misunderstood are playing the “victim”.

I’ve never uttered the words, “I was used or mistreated” because I don’t allow people to treat me badly. When I see the signs, I disconnect.

When people constantly repeat the same mistakes and STILL wonder why their life is hell – it makes me insane to listen to the perpetual grousing. frustrated

We can’t expect others to change; we have to change OUR behavior in order to improve our lives. We won't be victims when we learn to put up boundaries.

I suggest that people shouldn’t focus so much on trying to find love. There is so much more to life (travel, school, career, hobbies); scale it down to dating and having fun – understanding yourself – and the chances of meeting someone really great (and that appreciates you) is bound to happen.

I couldnt have said it better....

I believe Einstein said

Insanity : When someone does the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

It doesnt work that way.. hence.. INSANE.

Ive been a victim, just like EVERYONE else in this world. Instead of bitching about it I learned a lesson, grew a pair and moved on.

I know there are still good men out there.. I just dont feel like having to deal with men right now, period.

Id rather have fun and let love find me than waste my time looking for someone in all the wrong places. Besides, the more time you take to make yourself happy, the easier it will be for you to make someone else happy. If you cant be happy when its just YOU, youre not going to be happy for very long being US.

I dont need a man to open my door or bring me flowers... thats overrated. Id rather have a man who is 100% honest. If my butt looks fat.. TELL ME! Ill call you a (insert mean word here) but Id appreciate it nonetheless. My butt is always fat though, so that was a bad example... I think you get the picture ;p

Nerdy's photo
Sun 04/11/10 10:06 AM

I dont come on here much... Im all caught up with FB, gotpoetry and my son. LOL

Ill try though...

Its good advice though. We tell newcomers on GP the same thing. Cant be seen if you dont get out there!
first let me saydrool you are sexy...drool
second...thanx for takin time to read that and welcome sweetyflowers

I get it. You are just pimpin. Rock on brother.....drinker
lol...that hadnt crossed my mind but now that you say that,,,,hmmmmmmbiggrin

haha.... Big pimpin on mingle!

Nerdy's photo
Fri 04/09/10 04:35 PM
I dont come on here much... Im all caught up with FB, gotpoetry and my son. LOL

Ill try though...

Its good advice though. We tell newcomers on GP the same thing. Cant be seen if you dont get out there!

Nerdy's photo
Thu 03/18/10 01:05 PM
We dont have drive thrus at the banks in germany. First time I saw that I was like OMG WHAT THE HELL DO THEY NEED THAT FOR?

I agree going inside is faster most of the time.

Im a big girl and dont mind but you got people bitchin bout their weight and stuff.... instead of going to the drive thru they could park as far away from the door as possible and walk...

Making a drive thru for everything just helps people be lazy.

I walk everywhere. No need for a car where I live. Though I miss driving...

Nerdy's photo
Thu 03/18/10 12:07 PM
My dad used to spank me... he wasnt home too much because he was military but when he was home I remember more spankings than anything. one time I remember a fist in the face. My parents got divorced when I was ten. My mom hit me three times. My dad was born and raised in the states and my mom in Germany. Parenting in Germany is nothing like in the states.
Anyways...

It took me a long time to forgive my dad. I was afraid of him for a very long time. I never knew why I was spanked or why he would call me names. I still dont know but I have seen him after deployments as an adult so I understand better now.

For me, spanking just made me scared. I still did what I wanted to do. I was and always will be stubborn. I now have a son of my own and he is in the terrible twos, which I have to say arent that bad.

Ive spanked my son two or three times when he was totally out of hand... I counted to three first, gave him a chance to make the right choice. Now I count to ONE and he stops what he is doing. He learned real fast and im glad about that because I hated spanking him.

I guess Im lucky because when he is bad I dont have to send him to time out or anything. He knows he needs to stay away from mommy when she is mad so he will say sorry and go to his room until I call him out.

I have a friend who spanks her kid everyday. I tell her there have got to be other ways to get her girl to listen but from what Ive seen nothing works... and the spankings dont either (which makes me wonder why the hell she is still doing it?)

Everyone has their own idea of what is discplining and what is abuse and every child reacts different.

My son learned from it and listens really good for his age whereas my friends five year old doesnt give a damn and still acts like a pain in the ***. ( To be very blunt about it)

The way I see it. Im not FOR spanking a child but if it needs to be done to teach them a lesson and it works then hey.... you do what you gotta do. Just dont do it every time they are "bad".

Someone made a statement about children growing up in abusive households becoming abusive adults. Im sure there are people who grow up and follow their parents footsteps but Ive met alot of people who have been molested, raped, abused, locked up as children and they are very loving people. The fact they have been through so much physical and emotional abuse made them want to do better for their children.

I dont think spanking or a light pop upside the head is abuse. If the child understands this form of discipline and it works than its ok.

Oh... I am a (mostly)happy adult and have an high IQ... so I dont think my being spanked or not has nothing to do with that. Just a late sumthin sumthin to throw out there since Im ranting over here. LOL

Nerdy's photo
Thu 03/18/10 11:40 AM
Couldnt have said it better!