Community > Posts By > mwx02

no photo
Fri 05/04/18 05:10 PM
Edited by mwx02 on Fri 05/04/18 05:13 PM
I am a christian, and have learnt from experience how difficult it can be to extricate yourself from an incompatible partner especially after having sex. I had an Ex girlfriend I ended up having to block her number.

I have had just friendships with women, who were prospective partners and when it was clear that it could go no further than friendship it was far easier and respectful to just remain friends. I was not looking for a relationship with the women although they were attractive and I can't deny there were times I thought about what it would be like in a physical relationship with them even before marriage. One friend in particular she found a Man and got married, they now have two children together. He is more suited to her and meets her needs far greater than I could ever do. I don't have any guilty looks or embarrassment and pray for them to be blessed.

There is no denying as a relationship blossoms it is hard not too go and eat the forbidden fruit. The plus side to this is:

1) It creates trust between you, both of you know how close you may or may not have come to fornication. With the burning passion smouldering and you being able to demonstrate self control creates the trust and respect of each other.

2) You are able to set boundaries and observe them again cementing trust.

3) There is a blessing in the bible that says:

Hebrews 13:4 “Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.”

4) Getting to know someone rather than just becoming a physical object so that conversations about dreams and aspirations and all the important things that break up marriages is discussed.

no photo
Fri 05/04/18 04:11 PM

I went to christian event that was about being single.

One of the things that stuck out for me is that very often we are looking for someone to fulfill our needs. This is where we can head for a fall... very often when we have this mind set it sets up for a fall, as the partner you choose may not always live up to your expectations.

1) If you are looking to give rather than take, that is on both sides man or woman, it is likely that you will feel fulfilled.

2) If we seek first the Kingdom of heaven first, then all you need is added to you. matthew 6:33

3) 1 x 1 = 1. Both the number 1's represent a man and a woman being joined together. So the wise thing to do is to ask God to make you whole, as
0.5 x 1 = 0.5 that means that something is missing, you are not complete and you are always going to look to be fulfilled and it just won't work. The other wise thing is to ask God to help you see a man who is whole too.

4) Invest some time in getting to know about "What a Godly relationship means" by going to Christian events, reading books including the bible about it, relationships.

5) look on Youtube for an 8 Part series called Relationship Goals by Pastor Michael Todd at Transformation Church. It covers some very common pit falls that are never talked about in Church. Including that dirty word "Sex".

I have written this not to condemn you but hopefully to help you realise what you want to achieve.

God Bless you.