Fri 03/05/10 10:07 AM
Hello and welcome

franshade's photo
Fri 03/05/10 09:55 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:heart:

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 01:51 PM

and before it's taken to a personal level - this is what I look like (default pic)

You tell me am I thin, regular, fat, or obese? Am I healthy?

It's hard to tell from that picture.

Can you post one with your clothes off please?laugh happy :wink: :tongue:

your wish is my command rofl rofl

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 01:51 PM

and before it's taken to a personal level - this is what I look like (default pic)

Your beautiful Frannie Bananie!!::heart:

blushing aww thank you sunshine flowers

When I grow up I wanna be as beautiful as you are, inside and out flowers

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 01:49 PM
Isaac - re: BMI

please explain how the standard measuring tape would be useful if using the same scenario a healthy person and a weight lifter, there are bound to be very different measurements.

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 01:45 PM
Edited by franshade on Wed 03/03/10 01:46 PM

BTW - I never mentioned anorexia, bulimia nor any other eating disorder

Which is probably why I didn't quote you anywhere :wink:

None the less, some people do confuse the two terms which is why I clarified it :smile:

Then it's a good thing I am not easily confused tongue2
I did say malnourished, so who's definition is warped now

Yours, if you think "malnourished" = thin.

Malnourished simply means lack of proper nutrition. An over-weight 5th grader sucking down donuts and Coke could easily be malnourished :wink:
Wrong again, my definition is not warped just differs from yours :banana:
You tell me am I thin, regular, fat, or obese?

What's your BMI?
I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours :smitten
Am I healthy?

It's not possible to determine that from a picture.

then how can you nor anyone else assume that thin = healthy with only words being typed?

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 01:30 PM
congrats - best wishes!

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 01:26 PM
I'm not a fan of McAfee but use NOD32 at home and love it, it is fast and takes up very little resources, so while it runs in the background you can continue to use and computer does not slow down.

At work we use AVG and Avira - I prefer Avira

but all it is, is a personal preference

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 01:23 PM

Afternoon all....My boy got home today! I'm happy happy There is an incredible feeling I have when all 3 of my boys are in the same room with me....I'm a happy momma today!! :banana:

You should always be as happy!!!!
Welcome home!

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 01:18 PM
Edited by franshade on Wed 03/03/10 01:22 PM

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 01:15 PM

if ever all things were equal - thin and thick would be healthy

Thin and thick can be healthy, being over-weight isn't, it all depends on your BMI :wink: Being over-weight can put a LOT more pressure on your internal organs.

If being thinner wasn't associated with being healthier, then the U.S. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, and the U.S. National Institutes of Health wouldn't have developed this health risk calculator :wink: You won't see a doctor telling someone thin to gain weight if they have high blood pressure, but you always see doctors telling over-weight patients to LOWER their weight when they are over-weight for the same condition.

BTW - being thin is NOT the same thing as being anorexic. That would be a warped definition. Being thin just means having little body fat.

BTW - I never mentioned anorexia, bulimia nor any other eating disorder (how you like them there apples) laugh :wink: I did say malnourished, so who's definition is warped now :laughing:

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 12:58 PM
ERase

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 12:53 PM
:laughing:

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 12:44 PM
INdian

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 12:43 PM
hello and welcome

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 12:43 PM
hello and welcome

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 12:42 PM

That depends on your definition of regular....if someone has a waist size of 27/28 are they thin or regular? what if their waist size is 36/38 is that regular?

VERY good point! I can't begin to tell you how many womens profiles list their size as 'normal' when they are way over-weight. When you ask them why they call themselves normal, they say that everyone in the country is overweight.... so that's normal :laughing:

same goes for the men online - asked their heights most reply they are 5ft 9in and/or taller. yet when one meets they are barely 5'4-7" tall.

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 12:41 PM

because generally they are in better shape, and our better looking.

ouch, untrue and mean :tongue:

As a general rule, I would say he is correct about the better shape part. If a woman is thin, she will have less chance of having the health problems that go along with being overweight. (guys too)

But the better looking part is pretty subjective.

I can take it to another extreme, skinny = malnourished :wink:

:heart: thin does not mean healthy :heart:

Generally thin does mean healthier than fat...unless you are talking about people with diseases anorexia or bulimia but if you take two people without diseases one thin(not crack thin) and one heavier the thinner one is going to be healthier.

still disagree, take 2 random thin people, 2 random regular people, 2 random thick people, 2 random fat/obese people.

I'd still think that the regular sized would be healthier than the thin, and the thick would be healthier than the fat/obese.

But what do I know, this is just my opinion :thumbsup:

That depends on your definition of regular....if someone has a waist size of 27/28 are they thin or regular? what if their waist size is 36/38 is that regular?

Are they 5 ft tall, 6 ft tall, or 7 ft tall?

That's my point everything is subjective and depends on more data than supplied. And by whose standards are they being judged on? Would this same information be the same for a naturally thin person vs an athlete?

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 12:37 PM

I hear a lot of fat women say that.

LOL :laughing:

All things being equal, thin is always healthier.

As far as the "malnourished" comment goes, no one is talking about going to the extremes, just someone who is not over weight.

if ever all things were equal - thin and thick would be healthy :wink:

franshade's photo
Wed 03/03/10 12:35 PM

I'm chunky right now...I KNOW I am not as healthy as I could be...if I was in better shape, I would be healthier. It's a reality. Some people face it, some people don't want to.

I face my reality and yours too.

Just stating my opinion, know plenty of rail-thin people who most people would associate with health, yet I know better.

But to each their own, feel free to agree to disagree, makes it more interesting :wink: