Community > Posts By > flwoodsman

flwoodsman's photo
Wed 02/23/11 12:52 PM

However, several weeks later, in the wake of the North Korean Missile Crisis and the 2006 Lebanon War, Fox saw a surge in viewership and remained the #1 rated cable news channel. Fox still held eight of the ten most-watched nightly cable news shows, with The O'Reilly Factor and Hannity & Colmes] coming in first and second places, respectively.

FNC ranked #8 for all cable channels in 2006 and #6 in 2007. The news channel surged to #1 during the week of Barack Obama's election (November 3–9) in 2008 and reached the top spot again in January 2010 during the week of the special Senate election in Massachusetts. Comparing Fox to its 24-hour news channel competitors, for the month of May 2010 the channel drew an average daily prime time audience of 1.8 million versus 747 000 for MSNBC and 595 000 for CNN.

In January 2010, Public Policy Polling reported that Fox News was the most trusted television news channel in the country with 49% of respondents stating they trust Fox News. Fox also scored the lowest level of distrust with only 37%, and was the only channel to score a net positive in that regard, with a +12%. CNN scored second in the poll with 39% of those polled stating that they trusted the news channel, and 41% stating distrust, a -2% net score.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_news#Ratings_and_reception

Personally I don't trust any of the major news networks to give an unbiased report.Dish Network carries FTV or "Free Speech TV" which reported the truth about what was going on with respects to Iraq before we invaded.The regular TV networks only reported Bush lies about the chemical weapons and blaming Iraq for 911 in order to get Americans to support his invasion.They had interviews with the head inspector of the team in charge of inspections.Fox and others never showed what he had to say other than maybe briefly which I never saw.Now the Bush regime called their actions bad intelligence.It was not bad intelligence.The info was out there,reported on FTV with plenty of evidence,squashed on the corporate networks all well before the invasion.My son went to Iraq and thank god he made it home safely.We were led to believe Iraq was a big threat to us and a lot of our children died because they were led like sheep by the lies of the Bush administration.Of course the numbers we lost were nothing compared to the hundreds of thousands of innocent victims we killed there.I don't think that would be much consolation to the families that had their children come home in a box.
In conclusion look for other sources of information before you are led by the government friendly corporate networks.

flwoodsman's photo
Wed 02/23/11 12:26 PM

How about we just deport congress to Antarctica?

I'm with you

flwoodsman's photo
Wed 02/23/11 12:04 PM
I just checked the link left at the bottom of this article.Before you posted this topic you should have checked this link yourself because what you have implied is a lie.You should learn the truth before you freak everyone out and make them think what you say is true.I found it hard to believe and wanted to see evidence that what you say is true and found quite to the contrary you never read anything about the bill and apparently wrote this after listening to rumors from other people listening to rumors.Apparently none of you took the time to find out what was really in the bill.
The rumors were probably started by the Bush and friends club,who have been lying to America for a long time.You probably voted for Bush.I don't know that but the mentality of writing this without research is how Bush so easily duped the majority of the American public.By the way,I am Christian and a Baptist,but not stupid enough to believe ridiculous rumors without checking the validity of them.I suggest you check out the next absurd rumor you here before making a fool of yourself again.

javascript:add_smiley('noway','post_text') flwoodsman