no photo
Thu 01/28/10 08:51 PM
Edited by Rainfrogs68 on Thu 01/28/10 08:53 PM

I went shopping.laugh laugh laugh

Oh, please tell me it was with her credit card!! bigsmile

no photo
Thu 01/28/10 08:45 PM
Edited by Rainfrogs68 on Thu 01/28/10 08:46 PM
I love to read as well, mysteries, drama and trashy romance novels. love The bigger the novel the better. My Mom hated that I always had a romance novel in my hand in High School. Maybe that's why I always thought love involved steamy passion! slaphead lol I can even remember sitting in the back seat
of the car in the dark and trying to read by the headlights of the car behind us.

no photo
Wed 01/27/10 10:03 PM

We are born equally innocent , our lives are not equal so we end up different individuals, but we were all BORN equal(in my opinion).

:thumbsup: You go, msharmony, I love that comment.

Amen, I like this one too! flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 01/27/10 09:53 PM

I hear all of you...it's been 6 years since my ex and I broke up and I'm still trying to get past the self esteem beatings she gave me...I gave her everything I could give and she greedily sucked all the passion from my sole...I can't bring myself to get close to anyone for fear that the next person I let in will only do the same...I think I need a shrink...or some good meds...

Wow CaveMan, 6 years huh? I've only been out of my relationship well almost a year now, but I find myself doing the same thing. Not sure it's worth getting close to another guy just to be beat up again. I had 2 bad marriages the first for 16 yrs. the second for 3 1/2 yrs.
I am feeling extremely gun shy these days. I would say try the shrink first, I did and it helped. I haven't tried the meds yet, but I've thought about it plenty. winking

no photo
Wed 01/27/10 09:42 PM

Feeling very proud of myself, just let a scammer from this website completely hang himself slaphead in a conversation with me. lol :banana: :banana: :banana:

no photo
Tue 01/26/10 08:57 PM

For a year after my husband left, I didn't deal with it. I just breathed. Everyday that I took care of my kids, went to work, just kept moving felt like sucess.

One day I realized I really wasn't dealing with my emotions at all and the only way to move forward was to deal with how I felt. I found a support group, stopped hiding in my house and am now trying to figure out who I am and what I like.

It's not the easiest thing to go through but I will be a better and stronger person for it.:wink:

Good for you for finding a support group, probably the best thing you could have done for yourself. I think that's why I try to talk about it when I can. Being on these websites is "therapy" for me. lol I did actually go to a therapist for about 7 months though, it helped.

I decided right away when my ex left that I wanted to feel what was happening because I knew that was the only way I would heal. I knew the longer I put it off the longer it would take for me to deal with it. So, here I am nearly a year after the day he walked and I am very much a stronger person. A little bruised and battered but stronger.

Take care and just to let you know time does heal wounds!

Susan

no photo
Tue 01/26/10 08:40 PM

IV Been heart broken to bits my girl shevleft me deserted lts been 4years now an am not over her l think about her every day it left me on depression so am taking medicen , really she told me she loved me an played around with my feeling yep am week person an l need some comforting talk too me any one what can l doo?

I'm sorry Sukhi4U, I certainly know how you feel, it's hard when you thought you would be spending the rest of your life with them and that doesn't happen. Reality is we now have to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and go forward. I try not to think about the past anymore, just my future. The past is too hard for me so I just don't go there anymore, isn't going to do me any good to ponder on what should have been 'cause it's not going to ever happen. So, I try to find things that make me happy and excited to be alive. Even if it's small things. I have a 17 yr old son that I still have to live for. I just moved into an apartment 4 months ago, we got to spend the holidays together, I've been looking for old friends on Face book. Re-contact with some of your old buddies. I just found an old friend that I haven't seen in 20 years and what's even funnier is he lived in the same community as me just one street over. I'm thrilled to have found him. Now I have somebody to hang out with again, he's single too. Everyone wants to know if there is a possibility of a romance with him. Hard for me to see it that way because he's always been a best friend but you never know.

Are the meds helping you any? I've considered it but I don't want to become dependent on them. You're not weak Sukhi, you're still broken-hearted. You loved her. What do you like to do? Hobbies? Working out? Just find something you like and keep doing it. Hang in there!

no photo
Tue 01/26/10 08:04 PM

I fell in love with a guy from a dating website. What I didn't realize was that he didn't like animals, he tolerated our dog until
after we got married. We wound up getting rid of our dog because he
made our dog seem like a nuisance and my marriage was more important than the dog. To keep peace I figured it was easier to get rid of the dog.

A year ago, my husband walked out of our life and moved back in with his exwife after 3 1/2 years of marriage. I am now divorced, I've lost my family, my home, my financial stability - my finances are in shambles and I've spent more time in court this past year then I haven't. Nor does my son have his dog that he dearly loved and I regret ever meeting this man. He was a very Type "A" person, his way or the highway.

Now it's MY way and I am considering getting a new dog for my son. I will never ever be able to replace Bailey but I can make us a dog family again. Maybe I'll visit the local shelter soon. Just think long and hard before you make any decisions you'll regret later.

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 09:40 PM

It seems so hard for me to do that!!tongue2 I was married for 6 years, which I found to be a mistake!!slaphead After that, I had a wonderful relationship with a man who treated me like a woman should be treated!!smitten Unfortunately, he was taken from me after only 4 years!!tears I just don't know how I can start over!!what It has been 4 years since I had a 'serious' relationship!!surprised Anyone have any ideas??what

I think you're already doing it! You ARE on a dating website after all. lol It is hard I know I'm right there with you. I lost my first husband to Congestive Heart Failure after 16 yrs. of marriage and then the 2nd to uh, well, stupidity frustrated he went back to his exwife after 3 1/2 yrs of marriagenoway So, just trying to figure out what to do with myself now!

Good luck to you!!:heart:

And also to you! :wink: Keep me posted if anyone comes up with any good ideas! lol I'm ALL ears!

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 08:14 PM
Edited by Rainfrogs68 on Mon 01/18/10 08:18 PM

It seems so hard for me to do that!!tongue2 I was married for 6 years, which I found to be a mistake!!slaphead After that, I had a wonderful relationship with a man who treated me like a woman should be treated!!smitten Unfortunately, he was taken from me after only 4 years!!tears I just don't know how I can start over!!what It has been 4 years since I had a 'serious' relationship!!surprised Anyone have any ideas??what

I think you're already doing it! You ARE on a dating website after all. lol It is hard I know I'm right there with you. I lost my first husband to Congestive Heart Failure after 16 yrs. of marriage and then the 2nd to uh, well, stupidity frustrated he went back to his exwife after 3 1/2 yrs of marriagenoway So, just trying to figure out what to do with myself now!

no photo
Mon 01/18/10 07:57 PM

I agree with you sweetfi, breaking up should be done face to face. My ex didn't have the balls to face me when he told me he hadn't gotten over his ex, or wasn't over his marriage from 5 yrs. ago. I got this news over the phone. I honestly don't think he could have told me face to face. We were married 3 1/2 yrs, I deserved more than a phone call. But, you should have seen him squirm 4 days
later when we DID come face to face. (That was when I did all of the yelling) didn't really get me anywhere nor was I expecting it to but it wasn't all pent up inside anymore either.

Everybody handles grief in their own way. I don't think any way is better than the other or any right or wrong way. I'd already lost a husband of 16 yrs (he needed a heart transplant and didn't get one) so I figured if I could handle that I could handle ANYTHING! Stay busy, keep your mind busy, reading, visiting friends or family, do anything but lay around and mope. lol Sometimes easier said then done. I still have my good days and bad.

Funny that you mentioned that when you hugged him it was sort of wierd. After about 5 months I had to meet him to get his signature on some paperwork. This would be our first meeting since he left.
It was incredibly hard on me and he kept trying to stroke the side of my cheek with the back of his hand. It was too much! He then asked me to kiss him and against my better judgment I did. I think that, that was really what helped me to get over him or at least on the road to getting over him. I didn't feel the same way anymore that I once had. My heart wasn't "in" it anymore!

For me I still have days where just breathing is hard to do. Getting thru all of the 1st holidays alone was a pretty horrendous ordeal but again I survived, I even survived his textings on each of the holidays. It's been pretty quiet lately though, I think he's finally getting the picture! You are so right No contact is the best way to get over someone.

Sorry, if this got too long.

Thx,

Susan

no photo
Tue 01/12/10 08:10 PM
Yes, I got hurt very badly. I was married for 3 1/2 years until last February. My husband decided to go back to his exwife! I was incredibly "In Love" with him and would do anything for him. This was a huge surprise to me, no warning at all.

It all began when he told me he wasn't happy with me anymore. I don't think he was happy period. Anyway, things started really getting bad a few days later when he purposely let me overhear conversations with his ex (I called him and he left his phone on so I could hear what they were saying). I confronted him giving him the perfect opportunity to come clean and asked him if he still had feelings for her. He denied it. Even said he "knew he had more to lose then he did to gain" if he went back.

He made life hell for me at that time, kept making me feel like everything was my fault in our relationship, bad enough that I took my son out of school and left town for a few days. Little did I know the day I left to give him his space, he left too, he moved back in with her the same day. Two days later I came home, called him at work to tell him we needed to talk things out and again he made it hell, said he wasn't coming home if I was there. I told him if I left I was ready to tell my parents we were over. So, I did.

The same day I left, he finally came clean with everything and said he still had feelings for her and he never got over his divorce from 5 yrs ago. Said he didn't "want" to feel that way. Said that if they put me and her side by side ANY man would choose me over her. noway But, he didn't he chose to be with her. Funny thing is 4 days later when we decided to meet to settle finances he told me he wanted to come home, he didn't want a divorce, he didn't REALLY love her. frown

WHAT I DID: Well at that very moment I screamed at him so hard I thought the roof was going to come off the house and was pretty sure the neighbors could hear me. I walked around glaring at him and slammed the front door as I walked out. I put the house up for sale that day, made him get ALL of his stuff out of the house the following week, changed the locks on the door, hired an attorney, went on a 2 1/2 wk awesome vacation with my son and divorced him 7 months later. lol Our divorce became final the day before his birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM! He has called me crying, texted me drunk that he could fix things if I would let him! WHATEVER!!!!

Hell hath NO fury like a woman scorned!! pitchfork

Now I am happily :banana: divorced, yeah!