Community > Posts By > herewegoagainx

herewegoagainx's photo
Mon 12/14/09 02:38 PM
Edited by herewegoagainx on Mon 12/14/09 02:44 PM

No, the title will be “Snobs who are successful and willing to help.”

so successful that they have to come to a dating site looking for people to help

I think that deserves an "OH SNAP"! ...

herewegoagainx's photo
Mon 12/14/09 12:04 PM
Somehow to me this whole conversation seems like a moot point. The thread starter is obviously just a drama hound. Even if he is serious with his questions that just makes me feel pity for him for being ignorant to the truth. The force of gravity has been explained and reexplained for how many decades now. Plantary bodies are round because Gravity pulls with equal strength in all
directions; therefore any variations from a spherical
shape will lead to gravitational forces that
bring the shape back into that of a sphere. And your proof that gravity exists and is constantly pulling things towards a center?..jump out a window :P..

herewegoagainx's photo
Sun 12/13/09 12:17 PM
Was looking through forums and didn't see one so either i'm blind (which is entirely possible) or there isn't one dedicated (which I would think would be odd)

herewegoagainx's photo
Sun 12/13/09 12:15 PM
Edited by herewegoagainx on Sun 12/13/09 12:15 PM
yeah lol..i was trying to quote what jrbogie said but it didn't work!

herewegoagainx's photo
Sun 12/13/09 11:53 AM
Edited by herewegoagainx on Sun 12/13/09 11:59 AM

you brought up the subject of five year olds as they relate to another poster. is that what you consider to be civil? or do you use the word "civil" only as regards someone who expresses "a perfect veiwpoint which you respect"?

Main Entry: civ·il
Pronunciation: \ˈsi-vəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin civilis, from civis
Date: 14th century

1 a : of or relating to citizens b : of or relating to the state or its citizenry <civil strife>
2 a : civilized <civil society> b : adequate in courtesy and politeness : mannerly <a civil question>
3 a : of, relating to, or based on civil law b : relating to private rights and to remedies sought by action or suit distinct from criminal proceedings c : established by law
4 : of, relating to, or involving the general public, their activities, needs, or ways, or civic affairs as distinguished from special (as military or religious) affairs
5 of time : based on the mean sun and legally recognized for use in ordinary affairs
synonyms civil, polite, courteous, gallant, chivalrous mean observant of the forms required by good breeding. civil often suggests little more than the avoidance of overt rudeness <owed the questioner a civil reply>. polite commonly implies polish of speech and manners and sometimes suggests an absence of cordiality <if you can't be pleasant, at least be polite>. courteous implies more actively considerate or dignified politeness <clerks who were unfailingly courteous to customers>. gallant and chivalrous imply courteous attentiveness especially to women. gallant suggests spirited and dashing behavior and ornate expressions of courtesy <a gallant suitor of the old school>. chivalrous suggests high-minded and self-sacrificing behavior <a chivalrous display of duty>.

I'm sorry lol! I couldn't help myself...

herewegoagainx's photo
Sun 12/13/09 11:20 AM
I personally don't have a firm believe system in any god or gods. However with that said, I just wanted to throw my two cents in even tho I expect to get bashed over it.

The thing most religious organizations count on is a person's "faith" that a god does exist and has their best interests at heart. To me its always seemed like "god" was more of a feeling then something that needed to be proven. It gives people hope to believe in something greater then themselves. I personally don't believe that there is some benevolent being in the sky showing a personal interest in my life, I don't crave the reassurance that if something good happens in my life it was god who made it happen or shaped events to make it happen. If the idea of a god makes you feel like there may be more then just the life we know then thats wonderful to have faith in something. Its not my job nor anyone elses to prove to you otherwise.

So i guess my answer to the thread question is that It cannot be proven one way or the other if a god exists as long as it exists to the people who believe.

Can't wait to see some of the responses to my two cents lol.