Community > Posts By > LadyChiro

LadyChiro's photo
Mon 11/02/09 10:21 PM
To be honest, I have a lot of fun with the people who knock on my door. My favorite were these two Mormon gentlemen. When I told them I wasn't interested, they talked with me about Harry Potter for an hour!
Of course, I like to give them directions too. I'll point and say "Mr. Wiggins over there is great for some conversation! and I'm sure those people across the Cul-de-sac could use whatever your sellin'...." (Not really in those words, but you get my point.)

Really, I just try to be polite and pleasant.
And if they aren't in return have fun slamming that door in their over-extended noses!

LadyChiro's photo
Mon 11/02/09 10:08 PM
I swear to god, if thats Wendy, I'm going to laugh.

LadyChiro's photo
Mon 11/02/09 10:06 PM
God, I've lived in Nashville all my life.. and when I moved to Clarksville I found out that Fall last more than Two Weeks! Ha!

No, but seriously. I do love Nashville, its a blending of various cultures and styles thats just amazing, but my favorite thing about Tennessee is the gorgeous scenery on the interstate. ( I frequently go between Nashville/Clarksville/and Tullahoma, and god is it breath-taking. )
and... of course... Sweet Tea. Ha!

LadyChiro's photo
Mon 11/02/09 10:00 PM
Edited by LadyChiro on Mon 11/02/09 10:02 PM
I'm actually an avid agnostic - there's a higher being. I just believe I'm not destined to identify or understand the beauty of it.
However, I am involved in my campus' Secular Humanist community and can share some information I learned in one of our latest forums: How Religion and Science are hand in hand on the basis of Evolution.

As for being dead and never living again, What is more incentive to live your life to the fullest? If you believe there is no after-life, that you turn in to non-human particles and spread in to space, how does that even justify that you wouldn't try to guarantee a simpler and better life for those you care about?
As for spreading genetics in to the world... Its basic nature. Maybe even a tab bit narcissistic. Carbon copies of one self running around to create your legacy after your gone and dead. Its human nature to want to be remembered after you die. ESPECIALLY if you think you turn in to nothing when you do die. Children are the number one way to do that. Sure, its also about nurturing young and the joy of love; but deep down we all want recognition for our products, right?
And of course, it all goes down to experiences in life. We're all raised to believe some of the greatest achievements in life are those that better the human race and/or the environment we depend on.
Its a hard question to ask... and I hope I added to the conversation just a bit? Sorry I'm not more precise in my blabbering!
(also, you might have moved on to another topic. sorry, I'm too tired to read 6 pages of intelligent conversation! ha...)