Community > Posts By > DrPendragon

DrPendragon's photo
Mon 10/26/09 07:06 PM
How about adding "Yankee Doodle Dandy" with James Cagney?

DrPendragon's photo
Mon 10/26/09 07:04 PM
Tommy! Can you hear me? The Who rock!!!

DrPendragon's photo
Mon 10/26/09 07:00 PM
The ending in Casablanca is a classic, created on the set with Bogart and the cast, it has become a "great friendship" to generations of film lovers.

DrPendragon's photo
Mon 10/26/09 06:53 PM
Richard Gere in "An Officer and a Gentleman" to Lou Gossett Jr. : "I got nowhere else to go!"

DrPendragon's photo
Sun 10/25/09 08:36 PM
I was an established teacher for several years before my kids arrived. On day I was bringing my first born, 2 years old, to day care on the way to my teaching job. I always tried to push the learning envelope with my kids, but I was not prepared for what a two year old could understand:
My son Max asked, pointing at passing road signs "what are those" I explained they were signs, and signs give us messages. He asked "what messages", so I explained speed limit... and so on as best I could in age two terms. Finally we arrived at a stop sign. He asked "what is that sign?".
"A stop sign" I said. "What is that?" I thought for a second and responded, "it means the car must not move for a short time".

2 weeks later, I was running late and rolled through the same stop sign, Max quickly said "Dad, you didn't stop."

Oh my, I thought! What a fertile sponge of a brain these kids have!!!!:smile:

DrPendragon's photo
Sun 10/25/09 08:20 PM
Research is divided on the spanking issue. Dr. Ben Spock came out against it in the 60's.... his own kid comitted suicide!
What is important as a parent is to communicate, and at a level a child understands. Before dealing out discipline consider remembering what it was like to be that age, and use this to communicate. A tap might be the best communication so long as you don't hurt the child. I have two grown kids and I spanked them less than three times in their lives.sad

DrPendragon's photo
Sun 10/25/09 08:07 PM
I thought I knew the answer to this one, I was married for 25 years until the D word... Now I have learned this: Men can only be honest. It is up to the woman to decide if she is happy, if not communicate her wishes. frustrated

DrPendragon's photo
Sun 10/25/09 07:54 PM
Joshua Lawrence Chamberlin