Community > Posts By > TheAudioguy

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 01:04 PM
and of course anything written by Hanz Zimmer is well worth a listen...for exaple the pirates of the caribbean series

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 01:01 PM
the soundtrack to "the devil's own" is pretty rad...i love pretty much any soundtrack written by James Horner, but this one's especially great if you're into irish inspired music. check out the track "god be with you"...it's my fave

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:47 PM
the "maine" man

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:42 PM
Cherub Rock...the Smashing Pumpkins

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:39 PM

All senses are electrical impulses that are decoded by the brain. Its a representation of data, the brain is exceedingly good at taking data and coming to a conclusion regardless of accuracy.

Evolution has programed us to have a strong imagination, the need for an immediate response (fight or flight) to any potential danger has created a sensory system highly dependent on fitting together data like a jigsaw puzzle missing most of the pieces.

Its like looking at clouds, we all see shapes that are not really there, have you ever asked yourself why 99% of such sightings happen at night, or in the dark, or when you have just woke up, or just started to fall asleep?

Seriously take a strong and critical look at any experiences you have had, and realize that our consciousness is designed to paint a picture even when the data is extremely bad or even non existant.

Expectations meet flawed perception equal strange unexplainable experiences, couple that with the fact our consciousness literally erases and recreates experiences and hides data from our awareness and nothing extraordinary or paranormal is needed to explain any of these occurrences.

This has been the best bit of logic I've heard on this topic in awhile...the brain is capable of such amazing perception it is very easy for us to be limited in the understanding of its impulses.

take this, for example...if you mix the odrer of the ltertes in a wrod, the biran is sltil albe to raed waht slohud hvae been wtitren, pidorved the fsrit and lsat lteetr saty in the smae pcale.

Police Detectives will tell you that most eyewitness accounts are unreliable at best. People will disagree on the most major of details, including colors of shirts, styles of vehicle, etc. There is no way to explain the dark shapes and vivid imaginations we employ as we investigate bumps in the night. It is possible to feel or see something that really isn't there if our brain wants it to be there bad enough

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:23 PM
Wake Up by Rage Against the Machine

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:21 PM
Edited by TheAudioguy on Sat 10/17/09 12:21 PM
Santeria...Sublime

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:18 PM
New to this website, and online personals altogether...so constructive criticism is appreciated!

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:05 PM
goose

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:03 PM
hackr guy 10111000101

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 12:01 PM
my parents almost got arrested when i was a little kid because i had tried taking some pine cones off of a national park...of course no 5 year old understands that. i was just like "dude, these pinecones are as big as i am!"

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:59 AM
careful...the tribal members can call a tribal meeting....and then you could get voted off the island
rofl

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:56 AM
idk if i'm supposed to post right after myself....but "E"

Eggs

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:54 AM
dapper

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:52 AM
ROFL

TheAudioguy's photo
Sat 10/17/09 11:24 AM

k well ive been dating this girl who is going through divorce and we seem to fight on weekends all the time mainly when we drink shes mean and says mean stuff and is very flirty,we been dating for 4 months and are trying to make it work she has 4 kids that i have hung out with and they love me to death but we tend to fite and then we dont talk for a couple of days at a time she says she loves me im the love of her life tonite she was with her x getting drunk and when i called her he answered and said shes been lying to me saying she has been telling him that she hasnt spoke to me at all.and she wants me to move in with her this week and have a family with her and her kids .her x was gonna move to texas so she didnt care about him and all she ewanted was me and the kids to make her happy why then is she partying and with him tonite if she loves me
why don't you discuss this with her over a couple of drinks

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As harsh as it sounds...you guys need to slow down, take a step back, and reevaluate everything. This sounds like a dysfunctional family in the making

TheAudioguy's photo
Fri 10/16/09 04:45 PM
Haha pizza DOES sound nice...unfortunately my wallet's locked inside the townhome...I was on my way to the park with my dog for a round of disc golf when fate struck

TheAudioguy's photo
Fri 10/16/09 04:41 PM
Thanks everyone. Anything interesting happen today?

TheAudioguy's photo
Fri 10/16/09 04:37 PM
So obviously I just joined up...and I'm actually laying on a futon in my garage locked out of my townhome...my car is sitting in a parking lot a few miles away with a trashed transmission, and the fridge is out of beer. Basically it's a pretty sh*tty day so far. Anyone think they can top me?explode

P.S. Sorry I don't have a profile pic up yet...writing this from my iPhone, and I can't upload a pic until I can use the PC...and that won't be until 9 or so tonight when my roomie gets home...FML