Community > Posts By > GJchameleon

no photo
Fri 10/09/09 05:27 PM
So, is this judgment based on the person's entire profile, or are we keeping it physical from just the main pic?

Either way, this rating may not be accurate since I'm not into guys, but I'll do my best to get in touch with my feminine side for this rating. haha.... umm...

no photo
Wed 10/07/09 03:47 PM

Profile is more than adequate. Perhaps it's your approach. What kind of initial emails are you sending? Witty, confident, interesting and targeted is what I'd go for. Make some reference to their profile so they know you read it. And certainly don't wait for the women to come to you. You'll have much better luck if you contact the ones you find interesting and attractive.

It's a lot like fishing. You usually have to make a few casts before you get a bite.

Good luck to you.

I feel you. I definitely don't do the generic email to every woman gig. Although, I've been tempted just to find out if the girl is real or not so I'm not wasting my time. haha. Sometimes I feel like it's a numbers game... which is totally ridiculous. Hopefully, that's just my frustration and not actually the case. But yeah, as far as my initial email approach, it's everything you mentioned.. pretty much perfect, really. ;P haha. Just kidding. I just am who I am. I write like I do here and comment on something I found in their profile that I liked. Although, sometimes I wonder if I come across the same in my writing as I would in person. I'm just not sure if my personality/humor/intentions come across correctly in type. That's always possible, but even if so, I don't think I come across any worse than anyone else. I'm not to worried about it at this point. Thanks for the advice!

no photo
Wed 10/07/09 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone! You're really making me feel a lot better. Especially Melody. Though, I have to admit I'm a little surprised. I just checked out your profile and I don't really line up with what you're looking for at all. But thanks anyway! :D You're looking pretty good yourself ;) By the way, I'm changing my pic back just for you! Happy!? :P I guess I should have went with my gut and stuck with that pic in the first place.

no photo
Wed 10/07/09 02:31 PM
Thanks to everyone so far. That makes me feel a lot better already.

Melody, I appreciate the humor. Thanks. Since you brought up so many specifics, I figure I'll try to answer them for you or anyone else who wants to critique... or just my own benefit.. whatever :P

I'm not a fan of bathroom pics either, but I have several of them.. that's where the mirrors are; I can't help it! haha. and you're right, it's definitely not my bathroom. I try to crop out as much of them as I can. I actually used to use the one you're talking about. I just changed it because I thought it looked a little to... dressy and formal. I mean, I don't want to come across as trying THAT hard. Ha. But maybe I'll change it back. Does anyone else have an opinion on this??

The baby is my new niece. I figured people would assume she isn't mine since I answered the children question by saying I didn't have any. Plus most women are attracted to men who like kids, right? haha.

Also, I try to be careful not to include others in pictures I post online for the entire world to see. But then I just look like a self-picture taking loner without a life. So, I just chose a couple with people I thought wouldn't mind... or wouldn't find out. haha.

Last thing... about the emails. I do that, but I guess the lack of replies gets me down. Plus it's frustrating to put all that work into something to be original and write something someone actually wants to respond to all for nothing... over and over again. So on that note, ladies, how detailed should a message be to get your attention? I've been assuming it needs to be pretty good Because if I'm attracted enough to write you, I'm assuming that you're getting tons of other messages and mine needs to somehow stick out. Right?

no photo
Wed 10/07/09 01:50 PM
Hi. I'm fairly new and just came across this thread. I'd like to get some general, constructive feedback about my profile. I tried to keep make my commentary informative, yet concise to prevent boredom and encourage interest. I'd rather someone get to know me through dialog than just reading my biography. I posted quite a few pics too. But I haven't gotten much feedback.

I know I'm new, but this has been the case in the past when I've tried out other sites. I could be wrong, but I don't think I'm unattractive. Have I posted to many "silly" pics? Or am I just not that interesting? Is there anything specific I can do to encourage more views and interaction?

P.S. I have a feeling someone will mention that I should try becoming part of the community by making posts. I'm not against this and think it's great. But my main purpose here (and other sites that don't even offer community discussion) is to meet people from my area - in real life. I don't think the community involvement will make any difference for that, especially considering other sites don't even offer it.

Thanks in advance to any constructive responses! :)

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 09:05 AM
I just read the "where in TN" thread and I'm pretty sure only men live in Memphis. M-town must stand for Man-town.

no photo
Mon 10/05/09 09:03 AM
Memphis here... most of the time